The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Murder Inc. opinions (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

paraguppie
View Profile
Elite user
Forsyth Montana!
411 Posts

Profile of paraguppie
Hello all,

I am trying to break into the world of stage magic. I am looking for some less expensive illusion type items. I have been seeing Murder Inc. (head dagger box) and I am wondering if anyone can recommend it or maybe NOT recommend it for a "starter" illusion. From a $$ standpoint it sounds pretty good. Let me know!

Thanks,
Keith Smile
Check me out at www.magickeith.com
EddyRay
View Profile
Special user
United States Of America
525 Posts

Profile of EddyRay
Hello, I own Murder Inc.

The illusion is good, however I did have problems with the Eurkea table base that the head chest was attached to. It was not very stable. So I built my own table, attached this to the top, and put casters on the bottom of the table. The whole thing now stands 6 feet tall and it looks much better this way. You can also perform the illusion without any table, by putting the chest on someones shoulders.

Overall it wasn't a bad purchase. I used this illusion over 50 times last October at a Halloween event. It more then paid for itself. If you are looking for other illusions check out Andrew Mayne's plans and books. He has a bunch of booklets out and the illusions are unique and inexpensive to build. http://www.weirdthings.com . Also check out Gary Darwin's inexpensive illusions books and video.

Once again, Murder Inc. is a fair value.

Smile
wow
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of wow
My friend

Don't do it!!! You are always carrying a lot of illusions with you and you need a lot of space to store them. Stick with the close up! Smile
EddyRay
View Profile
Special user
United States Of America
525 Posts

Profile of EddyRay
The illusion is portable and can be easily stored. It is easy to travel with, and fits in the back seat of any car.

Why are you telling him to stick with closeup when he is interested in stage magic and illusions? Smile
magic 12376
View Profile
Regular user
Wilkes-Barre Pa
116 Posts

Profile of magic 12376
Once upon a time I performed Murder inc. Over all it is a good illusion. The design is much more desirable then some other head chests. However if I had it to do over I would obtain Paul Osbourne's plans for Chest of Nefertari, which is the same illusion with a more elaborate design. I believe that it packs flat, but this is more for stage work so it depends how often you perform stage type venues. My other choice would be Abbott's Arrow head chest. Prices on these are excellent. One just sold on Magic Auction for $125.00. These also pack flat.

Ronald R.Romiski
MagicRyan
View Profile
New user
NH
39 Posts

Profile of MagicRyan
Not that any lay person remembers the shows but some do... they did give away this effect on Fox's Magic Secrets Revealed, and I personally don't find it very effective. I wish I had not sold mine... I would have sold it to you cheap!!

Just my two cents worth!!
The Simply Magic Ryan Mahoney
www.simplymagic.net
Ryan@simplymagic.net
fxmagik
View Profile
New user
UK
28 Posts

Profile of fxmagik
It was this first illusion we bought in 1989. We did away with the table and just rested it on the volunteer's shoulders. It is usually effective as you can use a member of the audience. Most have forgotten the exposure but the fact that it's an audience member seems to make it more believable. Ours has been in the show since we bought it and always gets a laugh or a cheer!
www.specialfxmagic.com
It ain't what you do! It's the Way that you do it!
themagicofmc
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of themagicofmc
I got Murder Inc. last September. I used it in 18 shows for Halloween and have used it in my shows ever since. Overall it is a good illusion. I could think of other illusions that get a better reaction, but it is good for the price. The table base can't support the weight of the box, so I cover the part of the tube that extends out with a little tape. No one ever notices it, and it doesn't slide down.
paraguppie
View Profile
Elite user
Forsyth Montana!
411 Posts

Profile of paraguppie
Thanks for all the help everyone!

Keith
Check me out at www.magickeith.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Murder Inc. opinions (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL