The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » True Lies - Marc Paul's AAA Lie Detector Test (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Rocketeer
View Profile
Special user
Westchester, NY
965 Posts

Profile of Rocketeer
Never mind. Brain has now engaged.
I'm selling my hardcover autographed limited edition copy of Jerome Finley's "Thought Veil"

PM me for info.
Maddened
View Profile
Loyal user
222 Posts

Profile of Maddened
I would like to second everyone here. Have just purchased it and took a quick read. It is so extremely clever and deceptive that I have just been kicking myself for not thinking of it earlier. Brilliant.

Now I'm interested in the AAA booktest. Just got to save up for it first I guess. British pounds do not translate favourably into my currency. Sigh.

PS. I thought that though the questioning portion was innocuous enough so as not to give it an air of being a logic puzzle, it still has some problems with rigidity of the question options (if you know what I mean).

I have thought of a way to circumvent this and make the presentation more alike to a pure human lie-detector/cold reading/non-verbal cues angle. Should I post this up in Inner Thoughts or would it be deemed as spam since it's just my handling on Marc's effect and not really any great improvement. In essence the info about which person has which card is established in 10 seconds, and the rest of the time can be devoted to random questioning of each individual... or however you want to convince the audience you are "reading" the people.

Finally thanks Marc for this. Aces man...
Jon Hackett
View Profile
Special user
UK
737 Posts

Profile of Jon Hackett
If your worried about the questions, just ad some others in too, so you might ask one person two questions etc another five etc.

I have a method that looks eve fairer, and another spectator can PREDICT who the murderer is, owe, and they can ALL choose wether they want to be truth tellers or liars, because you don't need to pre-write the cards.

Im really excited about this one.

Jon Hackett
It is not the brains that matter most, but that which guides them -- the character, the heart, generous qualities and progressive ideas. Doystoyevsky
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3933 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
So I'm late to the party. Just downloading this now.
Allyour comments have sold me on it.
I'm off to make a cupof tea and have a read.
ekozuch
View Profile
Veteran user
argentina
329 Posts

Profile of ekozuch
I want to buy....but I do not know the secret word..
"This man is my hero. He is famous for his version of any card at any number. In fact he created such a reputation with it that it became known as "The (answer) Effect".

And the answer is?
Stefan O.
View Profile
Special user
624 Posts

Profile of Stefan O.
Quote:
"This man is my hero. He is famous for his version of any card at any number. In fact he created such a reputation with it that it became known as "The (answer) Effect".

And the answer is?

... Stefan O. and "The key to Your Card", available as a PDF download...

(SORRY, I just could not resist ;-))

Of course the answer is The ******* Effect.

Stefan

PS: Please delete this post if this was too bold. Just meant as a joke...

http://www.stefanmagie.de/shop.htm
EXCLUSIVE MENTALISM PRODUCTS - Check out Stefan's original routines!

http://shop.stefanmagie.de
PsiDroid
View Profile
Inner circle
2164 Posts

Profile of PsiDroid
Quote:
On 2009-08-30 11:14, ekozuch wrote:
I want to buy....but I do not know the secret word...

And the answer is?

Vidad Glasber

Advid Regblas

Viadd Salgebr

Dadiv Bargles
ekozuch
View Profile
Veteran user
argentina
329 Posts

Profile of ekozuch
Thanks....i know now.....jejejejjeje
ReverendDave
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of ReverendDave
Could anyone indicate how much skill (i.e. misdirection, moves, etc.) are needed for this? Also, is there a video of it being performed anywhere?

Thanks
ReverendDave
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of ReverendDave
Actually, I just went ahead and bought it, so never mind (though I am not sure if anyone reads this old thread anyway).
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On 2008-08-10 07:33, Miikka wrote:
I must say this is an excellent effect and well worth the prize.

I didn't get a prize. What's the prize?

j
trykcs
View Profile
New user
Cebu
11 Posts

Profile of trykcs
I think he meant "price".
Jean Mitchell
Humester
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of Humester
Performed for the first time last week and ran into one small snag. One of my liars felt that he could tell the truth because his job was to throw me off the trail. It was probably my presentation that caused this, but has anyone else had this problem?

Also, this "liar" was a 15 year old male, which may have contributed to my prob.
Humester
mindmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1740 Posts

Profile of mindmagic
I was impressed by this when I saw Marc perform it at TM3, but didn't buy it at the time and (as is the way with all lectures) forgot all about it - until I saw him do it again last night. It really is excellent and all you need to carry is a pen if you can borrow half a dozen business cards. It works equally well in a "parlour" setting or on a stage.

By the way, in his lecture last night Marc emphasised that this is not a logic problem and that this should clearly be demonstrated to the audience.

Humester - I think the way out of your problem is to emphasise that Liars MUST lie. And avoid teenagers!

Barry
EscapeMaster
View Profile
Loyal user
296 Posts

Profile of EscapeMaster
>Rule of thumb: just double the price in pounds for dollar equivalent!

Ha, not any more.
bitterman
View Profile
Inner circle
1189 Posts

Profile of bitterman
Just read it this evening. Good stuff. Great thinking. Thank you Marc.
If you are not cheating, you are only cheating yourself.

Dutchco is about to put out some new Ebook: DUTCHCO. Get 'em while you can.
J.CADEAC
View Profile
New user
Paris, France
67 Posts

Profile of J.CADEAC
One word : GREAT !

And professionally adopted. A routine I will add to my repertoire, for these moments...you know...when a table call you back to seat, during the Café, and before the dance floor invasion.

Thanks Marc

Jérôme
"You must either modify your dreams or magnify your skills".
rjs
View Profile
Loyal user
296 Posts

Profile of rjs
Like several others, I saw Marc perform this at Psycrets a few years back.
It had a very strong impact on the audience.
slowkneenuh
View Profile
Regular user
After 5,278+ posts, only credited with
133 Posts

Profile of slowkneenuh
Is it a good assumption that you can perform the effect using something other than business cards?
John

"A poor workman always blames his tools"
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
4192 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Yes it is. Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » True Lies - Marc Paul's AAA Lie Detector Test (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL