The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Pocket Grindsow Zibit from Higley (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7170 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
http://TigersPoint.com

Click the image on the blog. This one is mine (NFS)...but it is too sweet!
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
Josh Peters
View Profile
New user
Minneapolis, MN
64 Posts

Profile of Josh Peters
Wow,Nice Doug. Would work great as "one more thing." It doesn't quite work as the unidentifiable thing though. Although it is miniature it is identifiable.
Josh
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4382 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
And it only took me 20 minutes to work out hat NFS meant!

I like the container as well by the way. You do some nice work! do you get eye strain from this smaller work?

I am ratehr excited right now by the way! (doug knows why!)

Hairysmoo
is it really identifiable? sure it looks like a small elephant to an extent but how many of these have you seen in a zoo? does it look like it may have exhisted many many years ago? I see an atomic worm and I think "it looks like a scorpion" - foesnt mean I identified it ------ I am not sure.

dough you obviously work it! - what sort of responses do you get? do people say oh don't be so daft its obviously a small elypahnt?

Sorry hairysmoo (are you really hairy? you keep your head covered - how we supposed to know? Smile ) - I am not taking offense or greaty disagreeing with you - you seem to speak with knowledge and auhority so may be you are in te know .......... I certainly don't mean to disrespect you or mean oany offense ut I did wonder ifyou are right about it being identifiable????? shal we meet up in teh street and do a pole? Smile lol

Thanks guys.
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4382 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Quote:
On 2008-04-27 17:14, dave_matkin wrote:
a small elypahnt?

a smaller versuon of hte very large elypahnt - a mythical creaure created in the late 27th april 2008 by the unusual spellling ant twyping of a strange and un-authodox plonka from the united kingdom. A strange plonka indeed! sometimes goes by the name dave. Smile
Josh Peters
View Profile
New user
Minneapolis, MN
64 Posts

Profile of Josh Peters
You're right Dave. I was thinking about this while cleaning my shop and had come to the same conclusion. A matter of typing before fully pondering.
Of course no one has ever seen a tiny elephant, what was I thinking?!
Authority? I have no authority! Really just curious about the elephant type thing.
A pocket show is a great idea.
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7170 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Actually it is basd on a REAL legend and these things have turned up in museums in India etc. Also on TV. The difference as far as unidentifiable goes, one does not need to identify it before hand and still do the BLIND pitch for something Strange.
You just do NOT put in the part about YOU don't know what it is or that it is unidentifiable...just something Strange to look at. The little story really sells it and is a good bit of misdirection in itself. Smile

Girls like it...aww...it's so cute...

Quite a change from EWWWWWW! That's so ugly!
Stephon
View Profile
Special user
Maryland, USA
911 Posts

Profile of Stephon
That's a lovely piece of work.
~Les S. Moore, The Dapper Dipper
Swami Yomahmi and Cheeky Monkey Sideshow

"Comedy is a man in trouble." ~Bill Irwin
erichall
View Profile
New user
South Carolina
69 Posts

Profile of erichall
"I had a pocket grindshow this morning..."
reese
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell
1110 Posts

Profile of reese
Cool!
gsidhe
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1726 Posts

Profile of gsidhe
I have always been fascinated by the Pygmy Elephant (They are aquatic and poisonous!!).
The first time I ever visited your page it was the one creation that made me truly gasp out loud in astonishment "OMG! He's got a PYGMY ELEPHANT!!!"
It looks exactly like the pictures I have seen of them, the scale is perfect...It is cute, but there is a seriousness to it. A reality.
Probably my favourite Higley creation.
Gwyd
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7170 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Mine too!
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4382 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Quote:
On 2008-04-28 22:42, reese wrote:
Cool!

Was that cool that erichall "had a pocket grindshow this morning..."

or the actual pygmi elephant that is cool? Smile I know which one I think is cool
reese
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell
1110 Posts

Profile of reese
The mini aquatic elephant.

I don't want any clarification about which one YOU think is cool (thank you)

The Higley mini-pachyderm is one of the favorite things in my own collection.

I love the one pictured at Doug's blog and the neat little box it's in.
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4382 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Sorry Reese - io know you meant that one ..... the quote I was asking about was what I was asking about was erichall

who had said "had a pocket grindshow this morning..."

I quoted teh wrong post obviously! SOrry about that reese! I also think the elephant is cool!

I was tryign to work out what erichall meant? Did he mean he had, only that morning, had a delivery in teh post and it was a pocket grind show delivered from Doug or was he uign it as a euphamism for somthing (?spelling?)
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7170 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Dave...go back to bed...
reese
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell
1110 Posts

Profile of reese
Here's what the spiel says on the card inside the lid of the box which houses my tiny elephant:

"The Legend of the Golden Thai Water Elephant

High in the mountainous waterways of Thailand, there exist packs of tiny elephants, which spend their entire lives paddling in muddy streams, hidden in the dense jungle. They are no more than a few inches tall and are said to be deadly due to their poisonous tusks. These tusks are said to be filled with enough venom to kill a man even long after the little animal's death. Only the most experienced hunters are able to sneak upon the miniature elephants in the wild, since only their tiny trunks are visible poking above the water's surface.

DO NOT TOUCH!!

The remains of this specimen have been treated with fixative to slow the process of decomposition. The poisonous spurs of the back legs have been removed but the tusks remain deadly!!"

( This is a different than Doug's words but in line with the spirit of the copy that Doug supplied. Should you order a Higley Aquatic Elephant, feel free to use it if you like.. )

The miniature aquatic pachyderm is pure whimsy. It's light-hearted and fun.

You will not regret it if you order one from Mr. Higley.
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7170 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Thanks Reese...yeah..that's different from what I put on the lable...whatever floats your Jumbo. Smile
ringmaster
View Profile
Inner circle
Memphis, Down in Dixie
1673 Posts

Profile of ringmaster
Less than 2% of reported UFO's turn out to be actual interplanetary vehicles.
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7170 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Hmmm
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7170 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Mini Zibit Price on the Blog! May sale for the mini Zibit.

Go to http://3NoEvil.com and click RED button. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Pocket Grindsow Zibit from Higley (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL