The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Mospundsow (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
nonvpro
View Profile
Inner circle
1844 Posts

Profile of nonvpro
This had diffently got my interest.
nonvpro
View Profile
Inner circle
1844 Posts

Profile of nonvpro
I have been thinking a lot about this lately and I really like it. Its extremely visual. But as tophatter & todsky, mentioned earlier in this tread, wondering about a routine.
nonvpro
View Profile
Inner circle
1844 Posts

Profile of nonvpro
I'm pretty much a close-up guy and have been for 46 years. I'm just now moving towards a small stand-up act. Mospundsow has caught my attention. I'm considering this as one of my stand-up pieces, but not sure how to present it. Wondering if you would be willing to share with me any suggestions as to a presentation? I appreciate you taking time to read this.
nonvpro
View Profile
Inner circle
1844 Posts

Profile of nonvpro
Does anyone have any suggestion how to present this?
Papasmurf
View Profile
Special user
NW Ont Canada
540 Posts

Profile of Papasmurf
I thought Jeremy's performance was a perfect example of how you can work it.
From his performance I was able to develop one that fits my style.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlI19G0373U
nonvpro
View Profile
Inner circle
1844 Posts

Profile of nonvpro
At anytime during the routine, can you show the inside of the tube?
Papasmurf
View Profile
Special user
NW Ont Canada
540 Posts

Profile of Papasmurf
Yes no problem showing the inside of the tube when it is empty or with the bottle in it.

You can use any same size tube you want too.
nonvpro
View Profile
Inner circle
1844 Posts

Profile of nonvpro
As I had stated, I'm pretty much a close-up guy. For more times than I can remember, I've been asked to put together a Parlor/Cabret act. Mospundsow has caught my attention as to one of the routines I would like to include. But my mind is stuck in the "Close-up" mode. For me, my style of presendation, close-up magic has a distint beginning, middle and end with a lot of conversation or patter bewteen myself and the spectators. Although I love Mospundsow and how visual it is, I'm not sure how to present it. I took a look at Jeremy's performance, its really done well and looks good. Its a lot of "Eye Candy", but whats the point? Or is the "Eye Candy" the point? Again, if anyone would like to share any ideas, I would appreciate hearing from you.
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4207 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
They are currently in stock as well.

I for one I'm looking forward to the new sleeve/box. The new versions image on the site is fantastic.

I already own the bottle but I must obtain that new box...it is perfect.
Papasmurf
View Profile
Special user
NW Ont Canada
540 Posts

Profile of Papasmurf
I am now working on the idea of combining my old Crystal Silk Cylinder with Mospundsow. One tube 2 effects.

For adults in a parlour setting I would use the Mospundsow tube for both.
I am also thinking of sticking on some wine labels on the Mospundsow tube.
To start off the routine I would produce a bunch of chocolate covered liguor treats from the Crystal Silk Cylinder. After everyone has had a drink then go into a tipsy turvy version of Mospundsow from the same tube.

For kids the Crystal Silk Cylinder tube would be used for both, instead of a booze labelled tube. Treats would be produced from the Crystal Silk Cylinder and then go into a non alcholic routine for Mospundsow.

The tubes are almost identical in size and work well either way.
I have not used the Crystal Silk Cylinder in eons and I think this will be great reason to bring it off the shelf and give it new life.

Eric
nonvpro
View Profile
Inner circle
1844 Posts

Profile of nonvpro
The idea of combining two effects in one routine has always interested me.
nonvpro
View Profile
Inner circle
1844 Posts

Profile of nonvpro
Anyone else like to jumb in here who has purchased Mospundsow. Would like to hear your comments.
close-up
View Profile
Loyal user
260 Posts

Profile of close-up
Just read this thread. Looks pretty interesting. Like some others, not sure how to routine this. But it looks like I'll probably be buying this in the near future. Will keep everyone posted as to what I come up with.
nonvpro
View Profile
Inner circle
1844 Posts

Profile of nonvpro
For those of you who have purchased this, how well will this work in a parlor setting? How close can the spectators be before its not practical?
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3728 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
I would stick to larger platform venues and stage presentations. But that's me, and I won't even use thread.

Steve
caigy
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1199 Posts

Profile of caigy
Would you guys who own one say that it is pretty durable and should last along time?
I am hoping to get it this weekend.

Many thanks,
Paul Mc.
Exclusive Worldwide Producer and Supplier of the Grismer Lock.

Top Class, Individually Crafted Performance Pieces, For The Discerning Psychological Entertainer

www.psychicmentality.com
Papasmurf
View Profile
Special user
NW Ont Canada
540 Posts

Profile of Papasmurf
Hi Paul,

Mospundsow is very durable and will be one of my heirlooms.

Eric
caigy
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1199 Posts

Profile of caigy
Thanks Eric,
it did seem to read that way.
Mine is on order!
I am looking to be able to switch-in a regular bottle of wine or beer as a give-away... Not sure how yet but am hoping it can be done convincingly.

Paul Mc.
Exclusive Worldwide Producer and Supplier of the Grismer Lock.

Top Class, Individually Crafted Performance Pieces, For The Discerning Psychological Entertainer

www.psychicmentality.com
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4451 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
How about putting an opposing arrow on the opposite side of the tube? That allows some more talk and action leeway...turning the tube around end to end AND front to back...You might be able to build up confusion a bit more before you tighten it up to impossible...??
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2543 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
I have a question about this item. It looks great and totally impossible, but it seems a little pointless to just have a bottle flip over repeatedly.
This is for the manufacturers:
Why not ship it with the gimmick bottle, a duplicate, and two identical sleeves so there is the option of doing a trick bottle routine?
Or, offer an ungimmicked bottle and sleeves for purchase separately for those that do want to do a tricky bottle routine.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Mospundsow (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL