The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Mospundsow (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2543 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
I contacted the manufacturer and they informed me this wouldn't work for the tricky bottle routine as the gimmick would easily be spotted by your assistant. They said you need your audience at least 6 feet away.
Just thought you all might like to know.
MichaelNight
View Profile
New user
Ohio
8 Posts

Profile of MichaelNight
OKAY- does anyone have one they wanna sell?
Come on...
Dust it off... or trade...
WayneCapps
View Profile
Special user
Charleston, SC
769 Posts

Profile of WayneCapps
I have been thinking about ordering this for a while but really wanted to wait on the red "wine box" sleeve. I am thinking of doing sort of a silent "drunk magician" routine with a lota bowl flask. Looks like I will order mine this week. Could be fun!
gnosis
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of gnosis
I just got this with the regular brown cardboard sleeve (the red sleeve attracts too much attention, when the attention should be on the bottle).

I am impressed with the durability and simplicity of the bottle. It works exactly as advertised. With proper care it should last a lifetime. The only part I could imagine getting worn out is the label. And the manual mentions the possibility of scuff marks. But the scuff marks should be easy to repair, and the label could always be replaced. In any event, I think even these minor signs of aging will probably only show up after years of active use. And the bottle and sleeve probably couldn't be broken unless you tried (or maybe carelessly sat on the sleeve while it was empty).

But it's not all wine and roses. Let's look at some of the downsides.

There are some problems with sound when the bottle changes from one orientation to another. It just doesn't quite sound like a bottle moving through a cardboard sleeve. But that sound can be minimized with proper handling (which mostly amounts to making the change happen slowly). It would be nice if future versions addressed this shortcoming (maybe with some felt inside the bottle).

Another minor issue is that the bottom of the bottle can never be shown. That means you must make the change carefully if there are audience members to your left or right. This problem can be overcome in one of two ways. The first way is simply keeping your hand over the bottom end of the cardboard sleeve as the change is made. The second way is to aim the bottom of the sleeve towards your chest (rather than to the left or right) as you turn the sleeve and bottle over.

Yet another issue is that there is a noticeable seam around rim of the bottle. The seam makes the bottle look somewhat unnatural and suspicious. It's not visible in the videos, but it's certainly visible from close up. This, along with the sound issue, are two good reasons for performing the effect at a distance from the audience (or in subdued lighting).

The final issue (that I was well aware of even before buying the bottle) is that even though this is a very powerful effect, it is so simple and repetitive that it's difficult to make the presentation last more than a minute or two without the audience getting bored.

Despite these minor shortcomings, I am quite happy with this purchase and think it's well worth the price.
gstas
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of gstas
Ive had mine for about 12 months now and love it.
I do it with music in the background.
Its a real fooler and audiences gasp.
Worth the investment.
I wish there were more tricks like this.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Mospundsow (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL