We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Garbage can production (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mumblemore
View Profile
Inner circle
1436 Posts

Profile of Mumblemore
I am looking to either buy or build a garbage can production box along the lines of a Duck Bucket, but without looking magical. I want a beat up old small trash can to which I an add a bunch of recorded clanking noise, followed by the apprearance of my spring skunk. Does anyone have any tips, plans, or leads?

Many thanks.
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5699 Posts

Profile of Regan
You and I are thinking alike. I started planning a trash can routine a couple of months back. I've had so much going on I haven't had time to put much time into it. I did an Ebay search but did not really find anything. There was one place where I found one but I thought it was too small for my needs. I don't know how large you want yours to be but the one I found was about 12" high and 13" diameter if I remember correctly.

I would be interested in ideas and sources for also.

Regan
Mister Mystery
Chad C.
View Profile
Inner circle
1521 Posts

Profile of Chad C.
I feel lucky! I actually have a trashcan that is a "duck bucket." I got it from Erick Olson here at the Café. I'm not sure what his user name is anymore! It was one of only a few made.

Click here to view attached image.
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5699 Posts

Profile of Regan
Wow.....congrats! I was unaware that any were ever made commercially. What are the dimensions of it?
Mister Mystery
B Hackler
View Profile
Special user
778 Posts

Profile of B Hackler
That a great idea. please post photo when you compelte the project.
Chad C.
View Profile
Inner circle
1521 Posts

Profile of Chad C.
Quote:
On 2008-04-30 08:07, Regan wrote:
Wow.....congrats! I was unaware that any were ever made commercially. What are the dimensions of it?

I'm not sure off the top of my head, but it's bigger than a duck bucket.
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
Mumblemore:

You do realize (I hope) that you don't have to be as polite to a spring skunk as you do to a live one. Save the duck-bucket concept for something live. Your spring skunk can handle less luxurious accomodations... like using the lid of the garbage can as you do the box top in the old "hat box production." (Milady's Hat Box Production, Tarbell, Volume 3). It is also similar to the one used in Mark Wilson's "Production Box" in his "Complete Course in Magic."

A good bit is to clank on the garbage can with a stick or something, while yelling "Nothing in the can!" Then put the can over your head and whack on the outside. Remove the can with your head all wobbly, yelling "Who did that?" The lid, meanwhile, is on your tabletop with you-know-who hanging off the back. Pick up the lid, loading you-know-who inside the can momentarily, as you work the hat box move to bang on the top of the can with the lid, showing that it is innocent. I really think you need a metal can for the trick to be this noisy and fun.

After you finally cover the can and before you reveal the load, if you can make the can wiggle and shake (thread), you can keep the fun going right up until you locate the "source of the disturbance."

Good luck, and have fun!
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
Kyle^Ravin
View Profile
Inner circle
I slammed my head against
1070 Posts

Profile of Kyle^Ravin
I kinda agree... the spring puppet can fit into less accomodating areas. Perhaps you could perform a version of the Webster routine but with a live ferret or Raccoon! tat'll fit.
g0thike
View Profile
Special user
722 Posts

Profile of g0thike
Regan,

The Garbage Can duck bucket was built by Billy Diamond. He only built a few buckets when his business went belly-up. Actually he just ripped off several people. A big mess.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......&forum=7

G0THIKE
Mumblemore
View Profile
Inner circle
1436 Posts

Profile of Mumblemore
I am having Mentalism Peyman custom build (info.hightrick.com) and will let you know how it turns out. Spellbinder is right; I may use this trash can for my live rabbit (leave ajar so rabbit can breath plus drill a few air holes on the bottom). Thanks for your insight on the spring skunk idea, which is a great one . . . I may use it.
Mumblemore
View Profile
Inner circle
1436 Posts

Profile of Mumblemore
Info.hightrick.com did a great job. The trash can has two halves to the lid, and one single m***** (if you commission one, ask for two), and it was shipped from Iran for total cost of about $100 (cost of item plus shipping). The can looks metallic (although it is hard plastic) and Peyman said the mirror is plastic to avoid breaking. I can hardly wait to try it out. I would advise being very specific with Peyman, and sending graphics wherever possible, as there is something of a language barrier for those of us who don't speak Persian.
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7378 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Excuse me but it is against the law to import items from Iran into the US.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Mumblemore
View Profile
Inner circle
1436 Posts

Profile of Mumblemore
Actually, it is produced and exported from Kuwait (where his shop is) and I didn't import it. It came to me from the seller's cousin in California. But Richard I believe you are right. Let's hope things don't also heat up in Iran . . . Anyway, another topic for another thread.
Mumblemore
View Profile
Inner circle
1436 Posts

Profile of Mumblemore
This is an important clarification. Sorry to have misled.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Garbage can production (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL