We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Wayne Hoffman Exposed on the Stern Show! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
Thoth
View Profile
New user
26 Posts

Profile of Thoth
Wayne Hoffman was on the Stern Show today and, after he performed his trick, both Howard and Gary guessed the trick immediately. Wayne was dumbfounded and just um and uh-ed.

Stern and crew are into mentalists and don't try to bust people. Hoffman's performance was just so transparent. Of course, through the rest of day, they made several jabs his way.

According to Benji, Wayne was visibly depressed in the hallway afterwards.

You can find torrents on various sites.
obijuan
View Profile
Loyal user
New Lenox
242 Posts

Profile of obijuan
What was the effect?
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
More than likely if it wasn't about body fluids and boobs no one in that audience was paying attention.
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
Jon_Thompson
View Profile
Inner circle
Darkest Cheshire
2404 Posts

Profile of Jon_Thompson
From http://www.liveblogginghowardstern.com/2......hoffman/

"Wayne Hoffman, a Mentalist Magician stops by the studio, he claims he can tell what color panties woman are wearing. Howard brings in three girls from Rick’s Cabaret International, Hoffman is supposed to guess the color of each girls panties. He has each girl think about the color panties they are wearing, then they strip down to their panties to see if he right he gets all but the last one, Howard busts his chops by saying he figured out how he did it....."

Ew! That sounds ugly to say the least.
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Uh oh...people were listening...
Thoth
View Profile
New user
26 Posts

Profile of Thoth
He has each think of the color and then he writes it down and then gets her to remove her pants. He then goes to the next girl and then the next. Anyone with a beginner mentalism book and/or card trick book will understand how he did this.

And to be honest...girls make up about 2 to 5% of the 25 weekly hours of the show.
Virungan
View Profile
Inner circle
Here and There
1156 Posts

Profile of Virungan
Ah the old "buns ahead" method....
Smile When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth...Smile
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Hahaha
Ringo
View Profile
Loyal user
286 Posts

Profile of Ringo
But how did he get a head ? Or shouldn't I be asking this on these polite fora ?
Thoth
View Profile
New user
26 Posts

Profile of Thoth
Ringo, that's probably a secret session question.
Jon_Thompson
View Profile
Inner circle
Darkest Cheshire
2404 Posts

Profile of Jon_Thompson
Quote:
On 2008-04-30 11:14, Virungan wrote:
Ah the old "buns ahead" method....

Nice one! Smile
Zane13
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of Zane13
Just listening to the replay now,ouch this is uncomfortable...They really are busting him,and explaining his method exactly..In the end,He pretty much admitted that they had figured him out
VIEW
View Profile
Special user
688 Posts

Profile of VIEW
Anyone wanna youtube it?
Zane13
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of Zane13
It'll probably pop up on youtube later,they didn't let him perform his second effect,where he was gonna predict how many sexual partners the cast had been with..based on the fact that they would have to write down the number first,which hadnt been mentioned previously...
jasons_mind
View Profile
Loyal user
258 Posts

Profile of jasons_mind
Methods botch aside, I'm disappointed in the crass nature of the entire spot. Granted, it's Howard Stern, but man - show some class!

Jason.
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Well...now he knows better. Street smarts keep me from going into questionable neighborhoods...how about you?
lane99
View Profile
Elite user
420 Posts

Profile of lane99
Someone else did the Panty Guess. I vaguely recall it was Angel on Mindfreak? Or maybe Greg Wilson? Anyway, these things happen when you have to rely on trickery.

And now for a demonstration of ACTUAL perceptional acuity...

Prediction: This thread will be deleted.
Jon_Thompson
View Profile
Inner circle
Darkest Cheshire
2404 Posts

Profile of Jon_Thompson
Quote:
On 2008-04-30 12:33, lane99 wrote:
Someone else did the Panty Guess. I vaguely recall it was Angel on Mindfreak? Or maybe Greg Wilson? Anyway, these things happen when you have to rely on trickery.

And now for a demonstration of ACTUAL perceptional acuity...

Prediction: This thread will be deleted.

That would be grim.

Max Somerset did something similar on Max Magic, but with just one spectator each time.
obijuan
View Profile
Loyal user
New Lenox
242 Posts

Profile of obijuan
Torrents abound. Do a search its already downloadable.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17681 Posts

Profile of Slim King
If you don't do something original these guys will catch you out. They have mentalists on frequently.
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Wayne Hoffman Exposed on the Stern Show! (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL