The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Wayne Hoffman Exposed on the Stern Show! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
Zane13
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of Zane13
For anyone who has Sirius,on Howard 101 They're replaying Kreskins 2 hour Seance appearance from Halloween 1997,right now
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Smut magic. A new era has begun.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18028 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Might as well join in!
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Zane13
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of Zane13
Found a video of his trick going wrong on the Stern show, some salty language etc, nsfw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sh4vass3ofs
backinblack
View Profile
Special user
910 Posts

Profile of backinblack
Disaster area..
gypsyfish
View Profile
Veteran user
383 Posts

Profile of gypsyfish
Did you notice his body language when Howard called him out? Classic 'Oh, crap!'
Mind Guerrilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, NY
2670 Posts

Profile of Mind Guerrilla
Marc Salem got hostile treatment when he appeared on Stern's show too.

This is why you have to give Eric Dittelman credit for being courageous for going on AMERICA'S GOT TALENT after it was announced that Stern was going to be one of the new judges.
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
3349 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
Did Wayne perform in the video? I was distracted by something else....lol....
Gumar Oz DuBar
View Profile
Loyal user
244 Posts

Profile of Gumar Oz DuBar
Quote:
On 2013-12-29 23:17, Mind Guerrilla wrote:

Are there any clips of Marc Salem on the show?
I write and edit text.
edgar allan holmes
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of edgar allan holmes
I love the method behind this trick but think it needs a lot more cover than was given in this presentation. I also feel that prequalifying a miss is always a mistake. If you're going to miss miss.

As an aside I think short skirts and shinny shoes are a better method or performing this trick.
Gumar Oz DuBar
View Profile
Loyal user
244 Posts

Can't watch clips like this. Sometimes, it can be useful (and sometimes funny) to watch a performer mess up, but I find those clips way too cringe-worthy.

I think I've seen a clip of Jermay doing something similar (without messing up obviously) but I don't think the method was the same.
I write and edit text.
Mind Guerrilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, NY
2670 Posts

Profile of Mind Guerrilla
Quote:
On 2013-12-30 10:39, Gumar Oz DuBar wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-12-29 23:17, Mind Guerrilla wrote:

Are there any clips of Marc Salem on the show?

There was one on YouTube but it got yanked.
peculiarone
View Profile
Veteran user
Fence almost done. I've already put in
324 Posts

Profile of peculiarone
Awful
Jamie D
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2292 Posts

Profile of Jamie D
Mark Salem was able to somewhat pull out of it tho, I remember watching his clip and cringing but in the end, it was a treat to watch a master stay calm and pull through.

Darren
Twitter @darjames
peculiarone
View Profile
Veteran user
Fence almost done. I've already put in
324 Posts

Profile of peculiarone
Quote:
On 2014-01-01 10:22, peculiarone wrote:
Awful...

I mean what happened. I was thinking how I would feel if I was in Wayne's shoes, very uncomfortable indeed.

pO
Ben Blau
View Profile
Inner circle
1475 Posts

Profile of Ben Blau
I can understand the desire to raise one's profile by performing on a popular TV or radio
show for publicity, but honestly can't understand why any mentalist would put themselves into the disadvantageous position of being on the Stern show. It's a losing proposition from the get go.
Jamie D
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2292 Posts

Profile of Jamie D
Quote:
On 2014-01-01 11:02, Ben Blau wrote:
I can understand the desire to raise one's profile by performing on a popular TV or radio
show for publicity, but honestly can't understand why any mentalist would put themselves into the disadvantageous position of being on the Stern show. It's a losing proposition from the get go.

Agreed, it's Stern, you know their going be somewhat difficult. A few years ago I had a great conversation with a Vegas performer and one of his biggest pieces of advice was to not jump on everyt opportunity as it can ruin you. We discussed Stern spacificly among other shows, in other words do your homework and think about the risks and what to perform if you go for it.

Darren
Twitter @darjames
Ben Blau
View Profile
Inner circle
1475 Posts

Profile of Ben Blau
And it's not as if it's without precedent. I've seen footage of Stern turning Kreskin into a laughing stock. It is known that Stern is not in the business of making mentalists look good.
Gumar Oz DuBar
View Profile
Loyal user
244 Posts

Quote:
On 2014-01-01 10:03, Mind Guerrilla wrote:
There was one on YouTube but it got yanked.

Thanks for the info. Shame, would've liked to see it.
I write and edit text.
Trickstar
View Profile
Regular user
New Zealand
154 Posts

Profile of Trickstar
Quote:
On 2014-01-01 10:31, Jamie D wrote:
Mark Salem was able to somewhat pull out of it tho, I remember watching his clip and cringing but in the end, it was a treat to watch a master stay calm and pull through.

Darren

Agreed! definitely cringey, but utterly inspirational, Marc Salem did the absolute best you could expect from a terrible terrible situation. Stern and his cohorts were nothing short of rude to someone who was supposed to be there as a guest.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Wayne Hoffman Exposed on the Stern Show! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL