The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Floating card on wand gag (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

fireperformer911
View Profile
Special user
547 Posts

Profile of fireperformer911
The floating card on wand gag (where the card is stuck on end of wand that is tucked under your arm)

What do they use on end of wand to make card stick?

Thanks in advance
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3631 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
trickytrav
View Profile
Veteran user
391 Posts

Profile of trickytrav
Wax
fireperformer911
View Profile
Special user
547 Posts

Profile of fireperformer911
Joshua that was funny. Thanks Trickytrav
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3631 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
I bet that would stick it to the wand =)
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Blue-tak.
I purchased orange-tak and after the stuff gets dirty a bit it just blends right into the color of my wand and it isn't even noticible. To make it re-tacky, just take if off, work it around a bit and put it back. Mine's been on there for a few years now.

Wax is probably a bad idea unless you're applying it just before using it.
Heat, smearing, yuck ....

Blue-tak, baby!!!
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Last time I was the craft store I found something they called "Sticky Dots." They are 1/8" thick clear gummy things about the size of a shirt button. You can't "knead" them the way you can Blue Tak, but they work extremely well.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
DStachowiak
View Profile
Inner circle
Baltimore, MD
2158 Posts

Profile of DStachowiak
Quote:
On 2008-04-30 13:20, Dave V wrote:
Last time I was the craft store I found something they called "Sticky Dots." They are 1/8" thick clear gummy things about the size of a shirt button. You can't "knead" them the way you can Blue Tak, but they work extremely well.

They are also available as Glue Dots, in 3 different degrees of stickiness (Permanent, removable and poster) and they are useful for lots of things magical (In fact, if you dig out your copy of Sam Berland's 20 Tricks with WizTax, you'll find these dots are a great substitute for the old wig tape that Sam used to sell) By the way, the permanent glue dots aren't all that permanent, they still rub off clean.
Don
Woke up.
Fell out of bed.
Dragged a comb across m' head.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Floating card on wand gag (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL