The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Crystal Method - By Darius - Impossible signed card effects » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11~12..17~18~19 [Next]
Nechto
View Profile
Special user
UK
870 Posts

Profile of Nechto
This may be a bit confusing but this is me and the post above isn't!!

I was jamming with Darius the other day and we took a look here on the Café, I signed in and it seems Darius still has me logged in!!

Hey Darius, maybe I should call you but if you see this stop stealing my identity!!!!!!

The 'real' Nechto - Ben!!
spencerpeterson
View Profile
Regular user
New York City
186 Posts

Profile of spencerpeterson
The routines in the Genii are really nice, some very good ideas.

Hey Angelo, you still didn't add me on the PS3.
www.cleardeception.wordpress.com

The Magic of Spencer Peterson
Angelo Carbone
View Profile
V.I.P.
1306 Posts

Profile of Angelo Carbone
I did. You are added, just not online when I am Smile

Angelo
The Gift: Trick of the Year 2017
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/themagicinventor
Magic SMS 2: http://apple.co/2nuxewr
Notion of Motion: http://www.risingcard.co.uk
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4816 Posts

Profile of gdw
The Ginii is out now? Kool. I'll have to pick it up.

Any who, Am I the only one who is constantly having trouble getting the magiccave site to work?
It's amazing, people will criticize you for "biting the hand that feeds you," while they're busy praising the hand that beats them.

"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
ziatabari
View Profile
New user
43 Posts

Profile of ziatabari
jcroop
View Profile
Special user
733 Posts

Profile of jcroop
Genii arrived. I think there are many great uses for this item/method. But it will require some audience management.

However, for signature transfers, you know that the spectator will want to examine the card, which will be a problem.

Jim
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4816 Posts

Profile of gdw
Yeah, I keep getting this page:
http://wsearch.net/?unknown
It's amazing, people will criticize you for "biting the hand that feeds you," while they're busy praising the hand that beats them.

ziatabari
View Profile
New user
43 Posts

Profile of ziatabari
Er... is anyone else getting an issue when going to http://www.magiccave.co.uk

It seems fine from my computer...
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1926 Posts

Profile of ted french
I got the genii and I am not sure if I got a defective card or not because it looked frosted, is it supposed to look more clear?
P3
practice practice perform.
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
I showed a quick variation using the card from Genii to a relative, and he said he sees something on top of the card. It didn't look normal to him.
Phone Phreak is here!
Watch the Trailer!
www.JeffPrace.com
Catch me on Instagram
fooksau
View Profile
Loyal user
298 Posts

Profile of fooksau
Quote:
On 2008-06-19 18:40, magicman4646 wrote:
I showed a quick variation using the card from Genii to a relative, and he said he sees something on top of the card. It didn't look normal to him.

This trick sounds silly to me.
How many Magicians does it take to advertise a trick? Three.. One to steal the trick. One to steal HIS trick. And one to write a good review.
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
Basically, he saw the 'gimmick' on my cards. It's a very interesting idea, but if people can see the gimmick than I don't want to perform it.
Phone Phreak is here!
Watch the Trailer!
www.JeffPrace.com
Catch me on Instagram
ziatabari
View Profile
New user
43 Posts

Profile of ziatabari
We've performed this hundreds of times with no issue... Its near impossible to see the gimmick when used correctly.
The DVD will explain loads more on handling.

Hold it on the entire pack and try again.
Also best not using kings, queens or Jacks.. Also good to keep a metre or two away from the spectator. There is far more than just using this as a shell..
Try the ambitious card effect..
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5649 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On 2008-06-19 07:17, jcroop wrote:
* Genii arrived. I think there are many great uses for this item/method.

* But it will require some audience management.

* However, for signature transfers, you know that the spectator will want to examine the card, which will be a problem.

Quote:
On 2008-06-19 18:40, magicman4646 wrote:

Hmmm!

Smile

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET, there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27088 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
That's pretty much why I suggested the bit with the mirror- so you wind up with a clearly impossible object and "have to" fix it Smile back to its original condition by taking the card and pen back to the mirror and "undoing" the whole process. Smile
...to all the coins I've dropped here
ziatabari
View Profile
New user
43 Posts

Profile of ziatabari
The card type has been specially chosen.
When you have a pack of these cards you can not see more than 15 cards down, allowing chosen cards to appear in the middle of the pack

There are so many uses for this as the DVD highlights

Even omnideck 2 !
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4816 Posts

Profile of gdw
Ok, so I think we can gather what it is now, lol. Perhaps a bit too much info has slipped out.

Any who, I can certainly see a huge potential here, but it also has some serious limitations with regards to what can be done with the card with a duplicate signature on it, which, unlike the ad implies, is not instant, but would require doing it under the pretense of something else.

This duplicate signed card, I would imagine, wouldn't be able to be, at least not easily, destroyed in full view, for example without destroying the gimmick as well.

Similarly, as mentioned a transfered signature would not be examinable, and unless you combined the two, so that you accomplished the transfered signature by using the duplicating method, you would not be able to have any card examined while signed.

So, if they just sign to the gimmick, I am guessing, no cards are examinable while signed, but if they sign their card, and then you use the duplicating method, then at least you can transfer the sig BACK to the original card and have THAT one examined.

Any who, don't take any of this as complaining or ragging on the product, I am just thinking out loud. I think this has tonnes of potential and can't wait to get one, but I do not thin, for me, it will replace Forgery, for example, which, to be completely honest, I would have been ecstatic if it did, (Forgery leaves the new card with the signature on it examinable, which was the strong point I was hoping for from Crystal Method) but MAY make for some interesting other uses and such.

Please, again, don't take that as the shameless self promotion plug that it is Smile just thinking on the keyboard.

Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10577 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
... I really hope its more than just a p**ce of tra***** p**** with sti*** propertie because that has been a mthod for ages... I found out about that a while back when I started a thread in secret sessions regarding signature transfers... I hope that the value is some sort of unique handling if it is that... heck, people have used that method since ov**h**d pro***** came out?

Well, I look forward to finding out when it gets released.
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
magicdano
View Profile
Regular user
Danny Habel
145 Posts

Profile of magicdano
Does anybody know if CM will be carried by any of the dealers at the IBM/Sam Convention? I will like to see it demonstrated there in person.
Also, maybe I missed it but when using a Sharpie I assume it must be a Dry Erase. Is that correct?
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4816 Posts

Profile of gdw
Since ov**h**d pro***** (what???) came out?

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Crystal Method - By Darius - Impossible signed card effects » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11~12..17~18~19 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL