The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Crystal Method - By Darius - Impossible signed card effects » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8..17~18~19 [Next]
Silvio Solaris
View Profile
Inner circle
Xtreme Magic
1110 Posts

Profile of Silvio Solaris
Quote:
On 2008-06-03 02:15, gdw wrote:
Quote:
On 2008-06-02 22:56, Silvio Solaris wrote:
It's still lame to compare Coke which is also a soft drink to crystal meth which is just that. There is no other definition or product for 'Crystal Meth'.

But there IS, the very one we are talking about.

That's just what I am saying.

To complain about a "product" called "Crystal METHod," is no different than to complain about a product called "Coke."

Both are street names for serious drugs, and both are ALSO names of products. ALSO, both products got their names FROM their respective name sake drugs.

Well, if your friend Robert would have died of Crystal Meth you wouldn't talk so lightly about this Glenn.

Yes, this topic should just discuss the trick but it ****es me off that there are individuals out there who don't give a **** and think it is 'hip' to name and compare their trick to a viscious and addictive drug.

Enough said.

Now enjoy yourselves with the discussion of the METHod
Magical Wishes

Silvio Solaris

'Is all that we see and seem but a dream within a dream?' E.A.Poe
wise owl
View Profile
Special user
Australia
721 Posts

Profile of wise owl
Try to order it, but failed in chkout. Would you pls chk whats wrong ?
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4816 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2008-06-03 20:12, Silvio Solaris wrote:

Well, if your friend Robert would have died of Crystal Meth you wouldn't talk so lightly about this Glenn.

Yes, this topic should just discuss the trick but it ****es me off that there are individuals out there who don't give a **** and think it is 'hip' to name and compare their trick to a viscious and addictive drug.

Enough said.

Now enjoy yourselves with the discussion of the METHod

Ok, seriously.
It's amazing, people will criticize you for "biting the hand that feeds you," while they're busy praising the hand that beats them.

"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
Silvio Solaris
View Profile
Inner circle
Xtreme Magic
1110 Posts

Finally you got it. Discussion closed.
Magical Wishes

Silvio Solaris

gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4816 Posts

Profile of gdw
No, I was not getting anything, I questioning your choice of tactic and it's appropriateness.

Also, for all you know, he did.
It's amazing, people will criticize you for "biting the hand that feeds you," while they're busy praising the hand that beats them.

"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
Silvio Solaris
View Profile
Inner circle
Xtreme Magic
1110 Posts

METH is like a Grilled Cheese Sandwich. Don't act like you don't know what I'm talking about.

I will always remember you Luis.
Luis O' Brian
July 15 '78 - November 22 '03
Magical Wishes

Silvio Solaris

Art190
View Profile
Elite user
447 Posts

Profile of Art190
I have now read most of the posts in this topic and I cannot believe people here are actually defending the name that this effect was given. As stated before, this is referring to the drug because of the CAPS. Why would you do that? Honestly, please answer that question. I would like an answer from the creator why he named it CRYSTAL METHod. Why?? You are obviously trying to say something there. Not only that, but you are starting to name most your effects about drugs. Again, WHY? I do believe gdw has a valid point on the coke thing, but coke has more than one meaning. Crystal Meth only means ONE thing and that is a drug that kills and destroys peoples lives. Gdw, do you think it is ok to name an effect CRYSTAL METHod, or other drug names as the creator here has? don't just say "it's just a name of an effect" because it is NOT just a name of an effect..not when people keep naming effects after drugs..that just tells us that something is most definately wrong with the people coming up with these names. It would just kill me to think that little kids would walk in a magic store or be online and see tricks like CRYSTAL METHod. What do you think the parens will think of, not only magic, but magicians as well? I am already thinking bad things about the creator, how do you think PARENTS or non-magicians will react?

I, for one, do not want to give magic a bad name. And naming something after a drug will not bring anything positive to the magic community. If this continues I think something should definately be done. This is just childish.

Art
sickmagic
View Profile
Special user
528 Posts

Profile of sickmagic
Just a thought, maybe based on the method of this trick it is justified by calling Crystal Method. I can think of several things that would justify it. As I said in my past post" This should be about the trick and not the method". I understand every ones concerns, but in reality it his choice to call it that and who are we to stop or judge the name of a trick, DVD, or anything for that matter.

sickmagic!
Art190
View Profile
Elite user
447 Posts

Profile of Art190
Sickmagic, they named the effect CRYSTAL METHod (with the METH capitalized). Now, why would they put the METH capitalized? How could they justify naming other effects with drugs??? They are reffering to the drug and you can't argue that as Cystal Meth only has one meaning. If they named it Crystal Method, that would be a whole different story and we wouldnt even be arguing about this.

Art
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5649 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Ah! We start off all over again Smile Smile Smile

Sorry, but this is trying the patience of members and probably the moderators. Smile

Where is Mr. Darius Smile Give him a Smile and ask him to do the needful before the topic & his effect is Smile

Since all are Smile Smile Smile I'll do the needful.

For:- 'CRYSTYAL METHod'

Please Read:- 'Crystal Method'

Please comply! Smile

Smile

OK I am also off to bed. Smile

Smile Smile

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET, there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Art190
View Profile
Elite user
447 Posts

Profile of Art190
Glad to see your support in magic. Seems like you don't care much for the name, which is in my opinion, sad. Naming effects by drugs is just going to start to be a habit for these people if we do not do something now. I hope they see that it is wrong and that people will and ARE giving attention to it.

Best to you,
Art
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
All the voices in my head helped me make
2139 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
Quote:
On 2008-06-04 02:45, Ustaad wrote:
Ah! We start off all over again Smile Smile Smile

Sorry, but this is trying the patience of members and probably the moderators. Smile

Where is Mr. Darius Smile Give him a Smile and ask him to do the needful before the topic & his effect is Smile

Since all are Smile Smile Smile I'll do the needful.

For:- 'CRYSTYAL METHod'

Please Read:- 'Crystal Method'

Please comply! Smile

Smile

OK I am also off to bed. Smile

Smile Smile

Smile

Well if this is trying the patience of Members and Mod's, the Mod's can lock this at any time. But I know one thing, I don't think any Mod on here condones the promotion or advocacy of illicit illegal drug use or even an effect that promotes it.

This thread is not the dicussion of Crystal Method, but Crystal METHod, had the METH not be capitalized and other effects by the individual named after drugs none of this would be in the thread.

As to members that are ****ed off.....pffft. A pitty when people get upset and PO'd when social awareness and responsibility is brought to question, even over the name of a product.

Maybe you can't get the product because the Anti-Meth groups stumbled on this thread or maybe someone pointed out the product to them. The UK takes METH addiction and promotion very seriously.

Most effects today are aimed at the younger impressionable magician, and this is no less than an attack on their senses with the METH capitalized in the name.

What is even more pathetic the only interest for the majority is the "Gimme, I don't care." attitude.

I haven't gone off topic or have I inflamed my posts in anyway, the creator put a questionable product out, it made it to the Café' and it has drawn contraversy. While most just prefer to sit back and think it doesn't matter, why post, then so beit, but these inane responses to Cocaine vs. Meth, well Meth has never ever been a medical drug, while cocaine is still used, but in a new form Procaine.

Jake
For quality Paul Fox Cups spun on Danny Dew's Paul Fox tooling visit us at www.airshipmagic.com
jayp
View Profile
Veteran user
333 Posts

Profile of jayp
Its a name....many things, brands, songs etc. have used names just like this, I don't see how this is in any way promoting drugs or anything, its making fun of drugs which is fair game because there pathetic...if people want to use illegal damaging drugs and a tragedy happens well I don't know what they expected...also the guy above bringing in Glenns friend was arguably the most petty pathetic down right pointless thing ive eva seen.

Jamie.
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
All the voices in my head helped me make
2139 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
Quote:
On 2008-06-04 15:35, jayp wrote:
Its a name....many things, brands, songs etc. have used names just like this, I don't see how this is in any way promoting drugs or anything, its making fun of drugs which is fair game because there pathetic...if people want to use illegal damaging drugs and a tragedy happens well I don't know what they expected...also the guy above bringing in Glenns friend was arguably the most petty pathetic down right pointless thing ive eva seen.

Jamie.

Your mindset is the exact type of thing that contributes to the decay of a caring and compassionate society. No self awareness or caring, now that is PATHETIC.

But it's ok to capitalize on a damaging drugs name or make fun of the drug in lieu of the lives it destroys?

It's amazing how people will justify their "gimmee" I don't care blindeye attitudes just so they can have something cool, even if it exploits an illegal narcotic, the worst of all the drugs.
For quality Paul Fox Cups spun on Danny Dew's Paul Fox tooling visit us at www.airshipmagic.com
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18823 Posts

Profile of IAIN
To be fair, the legal drugs, tobacco and booze kill far more people each year than all the other illegal ones combined...

is this out now then?
I've asked to be banned
inidyls
View Profile
Veteran user
NYC
315 Posts

Profile of inidyls
Can we please stop this DR. Phil Café nonsense and get on with magic. You guys are simply proving that most magicians are nuts!!!

JV.
Art190
View Profile
Elite user
447 Posts

Profile of Art190
"To be fair, the legal drugs, tobacco and booze kill far more people each year than all the other illegal ones combined..."

So that makes it right for effects to be named CRYSTAL METHod? I don't think so. I cant believe people are still trying to defend this. Just shows what the magic community is turning into.

"I don't see how this is in any way promoting drugs or anything"

You have got to be kidding me.
Verifythisnow
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of Verifythisnow
Quote:
well Meth has never ever been a medical drug

This is not true. http://www.crystalrecovery.com/Pages/FAQMedical.html
jamie9
View Profile
Loyal user
211 Posts

Profile of jamie9
I could care less about the name because the things that you can do with this are incredible!
Art190
View Profile
Elite user
447 Posts

Profile of Art190
Fair enough...that is your own opinion about this and it just disappoints me. Guess no matter how much we try, there will still be SOME people who think the same way.

Darius, if you really want to better the magic community, this is not the way.

Art
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Crystal Method - By Darius - Impossible signed card effects » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8..17~18~19 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL