The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Crystal Method - By Darius - Impossible signed card effects » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6~7~8~9~10..17~18~19 [Next]
Art190
View Profile
Elite user
447 Posts

Profile of Art190
"but just look at all the games and films that are far more widespread and promoted to EVERYONE in the general public that promote driving recklessly and driving far too fast"

So that makes it OK for you guys to do the same? Give me a break.

"This is a great effect and the possibilities seem endless and knowing the guys that have brought this out I wouldn't be surprised if they donated more money to an anti drugs campaign through the release of this effect."

In another thread, someone mentioned this seems fishy. Now that I realize, it does indeed seem fishy that all of a sudden you mention you donate an ammount of money to anti drug campaigns. Like people have said in the other thread, do you have proof?

Art
sickmagic
View Profile
Special user
528 Posts

Profile of sickmagic
MODS, PLEASE LOCK THIS THREAD! It is off the topic of the trick and is getting out of hand. I want to discuss the trick, not the name or what effects drugs have on our country.

I am a recovering addict for almost 12 years, have a family, have a great profession in this business and I don't feel the need to dwell on a name of a trick even if it is related to drugs.

PLEASE LOCK THIS THREAD coming from someone who understands both sides, I personally think that it is just as wrong to harass people that have the right to name things as they choose, it is the creators right to do so and we have chosen to turn this thread into a a pathetic attempt to voice our opinions on drugs and the perceived drug problem in our country.

If anyone has a problem with what I just wrote feel free to PM me, I just feel this isn't the place as this thread was suppose to be about the effect that is coming out, not what the meaning of the name is or could be.

Sickmagic!
Lee_Hathaway
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of Lee_Hathaway
Hi Guys - I am so excited I just had to come on and tell everyone I've worked out the coolest routine with Crystal Method. I'll give you the details here and HOPEFULLY we've just about got time to include it on the instructional DVD. I've tried it on a few laypeople in my local residency and literally FLOORED them!!

So here's the effect...a card is selected and signed. Within seconds it appears inside the card box. Then you tell them to take their card and the box behind their back and place their card into the box. You give them a box of matches and ask them to strike a match above the card box. Without ever having touched the card box since they placed their card inside you very cleanly open it to show it's vanished. They open the matchbox and inside is their card, folded up!

Incidentally for those interested, there is now a seperate thread to discuss the subject of naming of effects etc, so hopefully myself and the many UK close-up guys involved in this project will be able to post some productive stuff on this thread to keep everyone updated on the development!
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10577 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Hey, I agree with this - the sub-topic likely should be in RIGHT AND WRONG and someone can just post a link to it from here for the interested.

The reality is, there are valid points from each person posting - and that one shouldn't just dismiss them or try to polarize the discussion so much as coming to this point perhaps... if the creators really are giving some proceeds to fight substance use problems, they should just place it in their ad and say exactly how and where the money is going.

Personal example: I am still working on an omnibus Jack the Ripper book of bizarre magic - there was a lot of hesitation and fear of some contributors to give to the project until they understood it was with theme that the goal was to highlight the dangers of violence in society, the sickness of the media, what is the twisted appeal of Jack, and use the routines to help educate and make people think about how to improve society. The proceeds will be going to an international organization that helps women victims of violence.

My humble suggestion - if the creators are really on the same tack, just clarity it. It would be noble to basically create effects that some of the proceeds go to help those suffering from the addiction.

And for those who do not see the points that Mad Jake made as having some validity, just stop and reflect and think a moment.

In any case, the effect itself looks amazing!
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
ziatabari
View Profile
New user
43 Posts

Profile of ziatabari
THE EFFECT IS AMAZING
A COMPLETELY NEW BREAKTHROUGH IN CARD MAGIC

PLEASE COMMENT
Art190
View Profile
Elite user
447 Posts

Profile of Art190
"THE EFFECT IS AMAZING
A COMPLETELY NEW BREAKTHROUGH IN CARD MAGIC"

You can count me out, as many probably have.
jamie9
View Profile
Loyal user
211 Posts

Profile of jamie9
Ok for those who are to much of a wimp to use this when it comes out just because of the name... Well that's a loss for you guys because this creates really strong effects.
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2339 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
It is very sad that people are overdosing on drugs. But, it is their life and if they choose to kill themselves... -THINNING THE HERD-

I see nothing wrong with a clever name like CRYSTAL METHod. I find it humorous actually. Can't wait to purchase it.
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
http://www.facebook.com/Doug.Lippert
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27088 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
If the CM "method" looks good enough close up it will probably start being called something like "CM" - so not IMHO it's down to the quality of the item.

So can you hold their signed card up to a mirror and then have their card change places with the card from "mirror world"? Smile
...to all the coins I've dropped here
R. Dunn
View Profile
Regular user
135 Posts

Profile of R. Dunn
I think that it would be wise to just lowercase the METH. Not that I am personally offended but its clear that that some are. A rose by any other name..
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4816 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2008-06-05 23:57, Silvio Solaris wrote:
Quote:
On 2008-06-04 22:39, Ustaad wrote:
Art190 & Mad Jake : With utmost respect, nobody on this thread is advocating or trying to advocate the use of any kind of drugs. The title of the effect might have caused an unnecessary concern to a few and took the main topic totally out of context and at a tangent.

Twice I tried to bring the thread back on topic with a smile. Please see my second (related) post full of smiles and I ended the post with a Smile & a Smile.

Thank you for your understanding!

Best regards,

Smile

Narendra,

it is our constitutional right to speak our mind here in the US . . . .

But this is not the US, this is The Magic Café Smile
It's amazing, people will criticize you for "biting the hand that feeds you," while they're busy praising the hand that beats them.

"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2339 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
...and the Magic Café is located in the United States. Atleast where they take their checks at.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/donate.php?mail=1
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
http://www.facebook.com/Doug.Lippert
Geoff Weber
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington DC
1359 Posts

Profile of Geoff Weber
Quote:
On 2008-06-05 11:37, Lee_Hathaway wrote:
Hi Guys...

there will be a free sample in July's Genii. As we give CM sample cards to magicians more and more ideas are being created daily.

So what you're saying is, the first ones free, then you're gonna start charging? Hmmmm where have I heard that before? Smile
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4816 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2008-06-07 02:59, DVLKCC wrote:
...and the Magic Café is located in the United States. Atleast where they take their checks at.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/donate.php?mail=1

But the Café is located online, and it has its own rules with regards to what we can talk about.
It's amazing, people will criticize you for "biting the hand that feeds you," while they're busy praising the hand that beats them.

"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
Irishghost
View Profile
Inner circle
www.gaffguy.com
1228 Posts

Profile of Irishghost
I will be getting this to see the working behind it. I tend to stay out of topics which people are emotionally attached to. I believe everyone has the right to their opinion, and should not be called out over it. I wish you all well to a good and fair debate, and I wish the creator well in his new release and concept.

Jeremy Hanrahan
I get to gaff some cool stuff for some cool people
magico563
View Profile
Veteran user
UK, sheffield.
381 Posts

Profile of magico563
Quote:
On 2008-05-01 16:12, ragingcalm wrote:
What am I missing? They're just colour changes?

I’m with you on this one, what the hell am I missing??

The first thing I saw on the demo was the only thing that looked new to me and it was very good but all the rest of the demo just look like regular color changes I already know??

Please enlighten me because the demo was poor from my view!

Magico563.
jamie9
View Profile
Loyal user
211 Posts

Profile of jamie9
Quote:
On 2008-06-07 12:50, magico563 wrote:
Quote:

Im with you on this one?? What the hell am I missing??

The first thing I saw on the demo was the only thing that looked new to me and it was very good but all the rest of the demo just look like regular colour changes I already know??

Magico563.

Yeah all the moves are standard color changes but did you notice how the signature of the spectator stayed the same. With this you can transfer the signature of a spectator to a different card or duplicate it! You can do very good card to impossible location tricks or card thru window or many other tricks that require duplicates but now you can do this with a signed card! Very many things are possible with this.
magico563
View Profile
Veteran user
UK, sheffield.
381 Posts

Profile of magico563
Quote:
On 2008-06-07 12:54, jamie9 wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

The first thing I saw on the demo was the only thing that looked new to me and it was very good but all the rest of the demo just look like regular colour changes I already know??

Magico563.

Yeah all the moves are standard color changes but did you notice how the signature of the spectator stayed the same. With this you can transfer the signature of a spectator to a different card or duplicate it! You can do very good card to impossible location tricks or card thru window or many other tricks that require duplicates but now you can do this with a signed card! Very many things are possible with this.

No, because the only time I saw a card change to another card still with the same sig was at the beginning and the rest of the demo was just full of shots where a card had no sig but then it did have a sig and that could be just with just a duplicate card??

Magico563.
jamie9
View Profile
Loyal user
211 Posts

Profile of jamie9
Quote:
On 2008-06-07 13:00, magico563 wrote:
Quote:
On 2008-06-07 12:54, jamie9 wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

Magico563.

No, because the only time I saw a card change to another card still with the same sig was at the beginning and the rest of the demo was just full of shots where a card had no sig but then it did have a sig and that could be just with just a duplicate card??

Magico563.

Yeah I don't know why they include those in the the demo. I think like the fourth change was cool. You know the one where there is only one (spectators)signature on the card and then the magicians signature appears on it too.
Angelo Carbone
View Profile
V.I.P.
1306 Posts

Profile of Angelo Carbone
There is more to it than colour changes. Its a utility gimmick. Many effects possible.

Angelo
The Gift: Trick of the Year 2017
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/themagicinventor
Magic SMS 2: http://apple.co/2nuxewr
Notion of Motion: http://www.risingcard.co.uk
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Crystal Method - By Darius - Impossible signed card effects » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6~7~8~9~10..17~18~19 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL