The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Crystal Method - By Darius - Impossible signed card effects » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11~12~13..17~18~19 [Next]
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27088 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
That thing folks use for simple (cheap) presentations instead of a slide projector so they can manage the show themselves - usually not for pictures though. way before powerpoint and PCs attached to projectors.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Zerububle
View Profile
Elite user
Poole
430 Posts

Profile of Zerububle
Quote:
On 2008-06-20 18:02, Dr Spektor wrote:
... I really hope its more than just a p**ce of tra***** p**** with sti*** propertie because that has been a mthod for ages... I found out about that a while back when I started a thread in secret sessions regarding signature transfers... I hope that the value is some sort of unique handling if it is that... heck, people have used that method since ov**h**d pro***** came out?

Well, I look forward to finding out when it gets released.

A bit like when people used to glue two playing cards together before you could buy double faces etc?

Just because you could botch this together before doesn't make this any less valid a release. These guys have obviously worked on this to iron out the problems and create some very effective magic.

Like all things in magic it wont be for everyone...

I have seen some of the effects on the DVD and they look great. James Brown has a particularly good routine that does not use a sig transpo but obviously fools the hell out of the spectators judging by their reactions!!

Bubble
Silvio Solaris
View Profile
Inner circle
Xtreme Magic
1110 Posts

Profile of Silvio Solaris
Wasn't it clearly stated that you can make a duplicate card with exact signature or am I missing something here?
Magical Wishes

Silvio Solaris

'Is all that we see and seem but a dream within a dream?' E.A.Poe
R. Dunn
View Profile
Regular user
135 Posts

Profile of R. Dunn
If it is what I think it is then none of the cards actually have a signature on it, only the gimmick, right?
Angelo Carbone
View Profile
V.I.P.
1306 Posts

Profile of Angelo Carbone
R.Dunn: Depends on the routine and trick you are doing.

Angelo.
The Gift: Trick of the Year 2017
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/themagicinventor
Magic SMS 2: http://apple.co/2nuxewr
Notion of Motion: http://www.risingcard.co.uk
Silvio Solaris
View Profile
Inner circle
Xtreme Magic
1110 Posts

Well....Can you or can you not produce an exact duplicate of the card the spec.
initially signed!? If that is NOT the case we have another hyped up BS advertisement here that is a LIE. I was LOL when I watched the Gecko demo shot over the shoulder selling an 'utility device' like no other...and trying to sell us the idea, that we can make cell phones and beer bottles vanish...?!

Let's keep our feet on the ground Gentlemen.

sincerely,

Silvio Solaris
Magical Wishes

Silvio Solaris

Tjernobyl
View Profile
Regular user
Denmark
120 Posts

Profile of Tjernobyl
Seriously? Is it not possible to create a dublicate signature instantly and destroy it in full view?

If that is true I feel pretty screwed, by having ordered this product already...

Tjernobyl
Y2John
View Profile
Inner circle
1498 Posts

Profile of Y2John
Hmmm... hopefully not just a s*** of **a***c with a lip or s*****n*e*, that's not a bad method or anything, but not what I would have been hoping for as it wouldn't allow for as much freedom when it comes to utilizing the sig.

I bet the dvd has some really cool routines utilizing it though.
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10577 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Quote:
On 2008-06-21 04:22, Zerububle wrote:
Quote:
On 2008-06-20 18:02, Dr Spektor wrote:
... I really hope its more than just a p**ce of tra***** p**** with sti*** propertie because that has been a mthod for ages... I found out about that a while back when I started a thread in secret sessions regarding signature transfers... I hope that the value is some sort of unique handling if it is that... heck, people have used that method since ov**h**d pro***** came out?

Well, I look forward to finding out when it gets released.

A bit like when people used to glue two playing cards together before you could buy double faces etc?

Just because you could botch this together before doesn't make this any less valid a release. These guys have obviously worked on this to iron out the problems and create some very effective magic.

Like all things in magic it wont be for everyone...

I have seen some of the effects on the DVD and they look great. James Brown has a particularly good routine that does not use a sig transpo but obviously fools the hell out of the spectators judging by their reactions!!

Bubble

Read what I wrote - like I said, I'm looking forward to unique handlings etc. so calm down pal. I was just hoping it was more than a method that already existed before.... and now hoping it is some innovations and techniques to add to pl**t** trans***** use...

Now I look forward to reviews from purchasers... that is all. I am hoping this will be an excellent success.
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Zerububle
View Profile
Elite user
Poole
430 Posts

Profile of Zerububle
My pulse never exceeded 60bpm ;-)
ziatabari
View Profile
New user
43 Posts

Profile of ziatabari
Yes you can make a duplicate of an initialed card.
The duplicate is on the crystal method card though. Lots of potential with this.
James Brown has some excellent input and thoughts on the DVD - legend...
R. Dunn
View Profile
Regular user
135 Posts

Profile of R. Dunn
Initialed and signfd are two different things.Would you please tell what is a actually possible with the trick.
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1926 Posts

Profile of ted french
Ok I must be the only one having this issue but the gimmick looks weird and they cant take the signed card with them. Something so personal and the magician keeps it. I love the idea, seriously I really do but what I recieved from genii looked like a frosted piece of p*****C. Can we say what it is.
P3
practice practice perform.
ziatabari
View Profile
New user
43 Posts

Profile of ziatabari
Ted- I think you're not understanding the options you can do with CM.
Have you read the effects on Genii possible with it?
Try it on some people then blogg back...
Silvio Solaris
View Profile
Inner circle
Xtreme Magic
1110 Posts

Quote:
On 2008-05-02 06:55, Lee_Hathaway wrote:
Hi ragingcalm thanks for your observation. We've tried to be very respectful regarding exposure on Youtube hence why the trailer hopefully doesn't give away the whole method.

To this end, there are many applications we've been unable to put onto the trailer. Not all the applications for this effect are colour change type things but it was felt these were the most visual for the trailer. However, the card isn't actually changing, you are moving the spectators signature from one card to another. The instructional DVD will contain many ideas from some of the top names in close-up magic here in the UK. You can visibly remove signatures or allow a volunteer to drop their signed card into a drink only for it to completely vanish.

Crystal method can also be used to give you an instant duplicate of THEIR initialled signed card. There are several other ideas which we'll try and film as routines and post on Youtube shortly.

Thanks for all your feedback guys - have a great weekend.

This is kind of confusing... Do you mean duplicate of their initialled card or their initially signed card.

As of now it seems that the gimmick cannot be given away or is spotted during the performance...although you also stated that the gimmick can be given away...

Let's cut this hyped marketing BS and state the real facts please.
Magical Wishes

Silvio Solaris

Tjernobyl
View Profile
Regular user
Denmark
120 Posts

Profile of Tjernobyl
What would I want to use a duplicate card for if I can't hand it out, destroy, or make it go to an impossible place the spectators can get their card themselves. And what are all those In the spectators hands effects you talk about on the product page. You have just stated it is best to be a metre or two away from the spectator when you use this gimmick.

I would love to see some reviews when the DVD comes out, but right now I am withdrawing my order on Magic Cave and waiting. This is a NO GO for me.
ziatabari
View Profile
New user
43 Posts

Profile of ziatabari
Tjernobyl- wait and see the DVD reviews.
With top guys behind this effect, I suggest you SEE the range of miracles one can perform before opening your mouth.
ziatabari
View Profile
New user
43 Posts

Profile of ziatabari
'' Do you mean duplicate of their initialled card or their initially signed card. ''

Both

Please note there and MANY more effects not just using signed cards.
Ben Morris-Rains
View Profile
Regular user
Larkspur, Colorado
111 Posts

Profile of Ben Morris-Rains
I got the card in Genii. I want to like this, but it seems like something that looks a lot better on video than in real life. Granted, I have not tried this out on anyone. As far as makeing signitures appear on a card, it seems easier (and less expensive) to just use a duplicate un-written on card.

I am still slightly intrigued by this.
PUNCTURE: Pen Through Bill
ziatabari
View Profile
New user
43 Posts

Profile of ziatabari
People seem stuck on signature ideas.

There are LOADS MORE EFFECTS than just signatures!!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Crystal Method - By Darius - Impossible signed card effects » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11~12~13..17~18~19 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL