We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Crystal Method - By Darius - Impossible signed card effects » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..12~13~14~15~16~17~18~19 [Next]
Geoff Weber
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington DC
1359 Posts

Profile of Geoff Weber
Quote:
On 2008-07-16 11:25, Joshua Barrett wrote:
Here is my take.

I got the card that came with genii. ok I was intrigued.

so as a little test

I put the card on the deck ( no writting on it ). asked my fiance to look at the card ( the top card of the deck, that had the "secret card" on top of it )

"hey take a look at this card"

"Ok, (squints) whats wrong with that card?"

Well Joshua, what you did wrong was put undue heat on the gimmick. Why would you ask someone to simply look at a card, unless you were inviting them to try and find something wrong with it? This test proves nothing. A better test would be to go up to a laymen,and ask them to sign the card. Then take back the pen and say "Does everything seem fair so far?" If they say "No! That card was weird and blurry!" then I guess you can justly put this method in your trashbin. If they say "yes" then proceed with the rest of the trick.
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3627 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
Well it was from mere curiosity, there was no more heat on the gimmick the if I asked to sign it. in fact id say less heat and more distance. yes I know its not a "real world" condition. but then again I'm talking a immediate notice of it. not siting staring at. its not so much what was said but the instantaneous double-take look.

I'm not saying your not right, I'm saying id like it to be a bit more invisible.

think of it this way. if it did pass by with un-due heat, so to speak, how great would that be?

there is a lot of things if done that too and a lot of them went by fine. for example I have passed around a loaded "bill to lemon" and no one ever noticed, how it was resealed
Angelo Carbone
View Profile
V.I.P.
1306 Posts

Profile of Angelo Carbone
Quote:
On 2008-07-16 09:38, MagicMcQuade wrote:
I don't see the point of having a card signed if it can't be examined...

I think others and I have mentioned the effects are not all signature based.

Angelo
The Gift: Trick of the Year 2017
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/themagicinventor
Magic SMS 2: http://apple.co/2nuxewr
Notion of Motion: http://www.risingcard.co.uk
PsiDroid
View Profile
Inner circle
2141 Posts

Profile of PsiDroid
Quote:
On 2008-06-22 18:59, Silvio Solaris wrote:
Quote:
On 2008-06-22 13:55, ziatabari wrote:
People seem stuck on signature ideas.

There are LOADS MORE EFFECTS than just signatures!!!

What do you mean? The main (selling) point of this effect is signature transfer from one to another card and/or ending up with an exact duplicate card with signature. Your statement is very contradicting my friend.

Exactly.

First it is been hyped like a new signature transfer principle then when people start complaining that is just some piece of trasparent something... the creators seem to patronize people because they are thinking about signatures and playing cards only!

One thing must be given to creators though. they were very honest and open from the start with the METHOD behind the thing: the name of the effect - CRYSTAL METHOD was very self-explaining !!!

And to me it was CRYSTAL CLEAR that the method was something like that.

All the discussion on the various drugs only served to sidetrack some people's mind from the IN PLAIN SIGHT method given away in the effect name.

and that's why I have not bought it. I waited because I really wanted someone to tell me it was a new,different thing and nothing like what I thought it was.

but that did not happen so I am glad I did not order this
ziatabari
View Profile
New user
43 Posts

Profile of ziatabari
Hahaha

Has anyone who has made comments ACTUALLY seen the DVD??

So many amateur comments here - ''I only hand out signed cards'' - about as original an idea as ''pick a card!!''
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1926 Posts

Profile of ted french
If someone signs a card they will want their signed card back. This is the reason I don't normally do signed card effects. I love the idea behind this but I don't think signed card effects will work in normal lighting. I think a drawing would be much more practical. Have a simple drawing named and make it move to another card.
P3
practice practice perform.
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3627 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
Quote:
On 2008-07-17 10:33, ziatabari wrote:
Hahaha

Has anyone who has made comments ACTUALLY seen the DVD??

So many amateur comments here - ''I only hand out signed cards'' - about as original an idea as ''pick a card!!''

does the DVD matter? its not hard to imagine what to do with the thing.

whats so amateur about handing out signed cards? this works well for a lot of people, a lot of professionals. so your saying its somehow "Original" to not hand out the cards? I'm not surprised, here in anonymous internet land all "original" ideas are good, no matter how stupid they really are.

I guess we have to remember its OK to praise and worship something as much as possible no matter how many problems it has. Any criticism is bad and down right shameful. all creations should be given awards for there effort, feelings might be hurt
Steve Dela
View Profile
Special user
U.K. London
961 Posts

Profile of Steve Dela
I have tried to keep up with this thread but am afraid I am quite busy most of the time.

Demo Videos are grainy yes... the Pro DVD isn't! its done on a pro BBC style camera with great sound and good lighting. The ideas are brilliant and the jam session leaves you with even more ideas to try and develop.

I work as a close up magician and am not too bad at card magic. I have wacked this into my professional performances and when done correctly it gets great reactions. Amature magicians will always bang on about having to hand out signed cards and stuff like that but in the real world it is actually more impressive to vanish or remove the ink a spectator has written themselves.

Yes the card will look a tiny tiny tiny! bit more faded but who notices?real people don't and if they do it's your fault not the gimick! I bet the guys mentioning this are gona be the guys that say you can use a bright pink thumb tip? am I right :op

As to the copying of signatures. Basically you are tracing... if you are rubbish at tracing then initials is for you. If you are a tracing expert then try a whole signature! woo it could be fun!

Can we now drop the copying question? I am not sure who out of the creators has said what, because I can't read everything written but you can't copy cards but it is correct and NOT false advertising to say you can copy the signature! wack that over and dupe card, buy a shredder and you have a very clean torn and restored! yay!

The dvd is cool... has great ideas and is funny to watch too... I don't look as hot as I would have liked but I think that's the only down side.

enjoy guys and don't speculate too much. You don't have to buy it but I am sure those that do will be happy with their purchase.

Steve Dela AIMC
http://www.SteveDela.com
http://stevedela.com
Associate Member of the Inner Magic Circle
FFFF
cardlover
View Profile
Regular user
149 Posts

Profile of cardlover
[quote]On 2008-07-18 15:45, Steve Dela wrote:
Amature magicians will always bang on about having to hand out signed cards and stuff like that but in the real world it is actually more impressive to vanish or remove the ink a spectator has written themselves.

Im not knocking this product, but the above statement made me laugh.

If you think that's stronger than having a signed card appear in an impossible location and the signed card can be handed out at the end, you got to be kidding yourself.

To imply only an "Amature" would think that way is a joke!

Used to be a product out that really did duplicate a signature and was built into a small stack of cards, but it had it's problems also.

Not trying to offend you, but I would be giving the selling points to the consumer and not trying to call people an "Amature" because their opinion is not the same as yours.

For a good while, people was thinkng this was something that could make a duplicate signature and those type of people have been in magic long enough to know what type of world that would open, NOT an "Amature".

Read thru the post and tell me, these people seem like Amature?

My advice is not to say such things, as the only ones that would buy that line IS an Amature.
wise owl
View Profile
Special user
Australia
721 Posts

Profile of wise owl
I still haven't received mine yet. But all these arguments seem suggesting everyone already got their. Am I the only one??
Nathaniel
View Profile
New user
44 Posts

Profile of Nathaniel
Mine has a arrived 3 days ago!
"Stories are told to kids to make them sleep, and are told to adults to wake them up" (Jorge Bucay)

Emotional Imprints
The Sticky Head Game
Influence
Nico Zottos
View Profile
Elite user
486 Posts

Profile of Nico Zottos
I got mine a few days ago....I was lucky enough to get a Signed Copy.....You can tell they put a lot of effort into this DVD and effect. The DVD is of the highest quality and the case of Crystal Method cards is exceptionaly made. There is over two hours of footage. One section is dedicated to Signature REMOVALS. If they sign the crystal method card, you can make their signature pour off of the card into their hand, leaving their card with smudged ink accross it. Or, their signature can appear written on a piece of paper that has been laminated shut. Handing out a signed card should be the least of your worries with this trick. The Jam session has great ideas such as making their signed card get pulled out of the hat at the end of Cardtoon. There is so much valuable information on this dvd and I personally think I got this for a cheap price. Thanks a lot guys!

Nico Zottos
Art190
View Profile
Elite user
447 Posts

Profile of Art190
I am definately not buying this...but I'd still like to hear something good from someone who is not friends with the creator and lives in the U.S.

It's funny that Darius himself, and even his friends try and come on here and say this is so great and the dvd is so GOOD...but honestly, it seems like you guys are just trying to boost your sales up. If the product really is as good as you say...let OTHER people say so, and not you or your friends. But so far most people are very disappointed with this (the people I think are legit and trustworthy...not some guy with 3 post on this topic only)
Nico Zottos
View Profile
Elite user
486 Posts

Profile of Nico Zottos
I am not friends with the creator, nor do I live in the UK. I have heard about this from a friend and I pre ordered it. A while back my friend asked me to make an account and post a review on his effect called Alpha-Doodle. I did. On a forum I go to, Crystal Method came up, which also had a link to this topic. I browsed through and replied when I felt it was worth replying. I do not visit the Magic Café that often; I only visit now to check on this thread. I was not told to come onto this forum to post good reviews for Darius. I have come on this forum with my own choice and have posted only the truth.
But again I will say, if you don't want to buy it don't. This trick will not be for everyone, but those will be the people missing out on this great trick. I personally don't care if you buy it because you can leave me this gem all to my self.

Nico Zottos
Art190
View Profile
Elite user
447 Posts

Profile of Art190
Ok great, I hope you enjoy Crystal Method as much as others have...oh wait, nevermind people are actually disappointed. But like you said, it isn't for everyone.

Enjoy,
Art
Harry H
View Profile
Inner circle
1526 Posts

Profile of Harry H
A lot of hate on here!
I only have the free gimmick and methods that came with Genii,but I think it's a great trick.Even it's basic form-signature rubs off card or appears on different card.
So you can't hand it out,find a way around it.That's why we're magicians surely? To problem solve.

P.S I don't know the creator.
Frank A. Glastone
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of Frank A. Glastone
I think its because everyone was led to believe there this was a signature duplication method. Then it turned out to be somethign clear(which doesn't look clear) the spectator signs on.

Oh well,
Steve Dela
View Profile
Special user
U.K. London
961 Posts

Profile of Steve Dela
Quote:
On 2008-07-18 19:51, cardlover wrote:

If you think that's stronger than having a signed card appear in an impossible location and the signed card can be handed out at the end, you got to be kidding yourself.

please don't put words in my mouth. I made no such comparison.

Steve Dela
http://stevedela.com
Associate Member of the Inner Magic Circle
FFFF
cardlover
View Profile
Regular user
149 Posts

Profile of cardlover
Let me re-phrase

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[quote]
On 2008-07-18 15:45, Steve Dela wrote:
Amature magicians will always bang on about having to hand out signed cards and stuff like that but in the real world it is actually more impressive to vanish or remove the ink a spectator has written themselves.

you got to be kidding yourself!!!!
Nico Zottos
View Profile
Elite user
486 Posts

Profile of Nico Zottos
Ummm, Im on Steve's side with this. He never said it is not impressive to hand out a signed card, he said it wasnt AS impressive as removing the permanent ink from cardboard that the spectator has verified is their own. To have ink pour out of their card like water into their hand is very impressive, especially when moments ago, their signature was in full view, and now all remains is a smudge on their previously signed card. And then you can hand this card out if you would like. This to me is much better than finding a signed card and examining it. This has a whole extra step involved which makes it more magical for the spectators. Steve Dela has some exceptional ideas on this DVD and he is a top performer. He knows what he is talking about and so do I.
Regards,
Nico Zottos
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Crystal Method - By Darius - Impossible signed card effects » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..12~13~14~15~16~17~18~19 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL