The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Crystal Method - By Darius - Impossible signed card effects » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..14~15~16~17~18~19 [Next]
R. Dunn
View Profile
Regular user
135 Posts

Profile of R. Dunn
Isn't it funny how EVERY post of Nick's is in this thread?
Doc Magic
View Profile
Regular user
Pasadena, CA
151 Posts

Profile of Doc Magic
My thoughts exactly! Almost all 14 posts in their divine wisdom poured into one single topic.
"Experience is not what happens to you; it is what you do with what happens to you."- Aldous Huxley
Nico Zottos
View Profile
Elite user
486 Posts

Profile of Nico Zottos
1. I have posted in more topics than just this.
2. I was not being childish. I was mainly pointing out that you, and everyone else, do not have a complete knowledge of this effect without the dvd. The dvd goes over things that you need to know to perform this effect correctly. You said that we should state our opinions about the topic to help readers decide wether to purchase this effect but you made an opinion on what you saw in Genii. Not in the Crystal Method.
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4574 Posts

Profile of silverking
The gimmick can be seen by anybody with eyes, and who bothers to look.

Not deceptive, and no matter how many times guys like "Nick" post about how great an effect it is, the fact that the gimmick is visible renders it somewhat useless for card workers.

It also changes black pips to grey, and red pips to "rose".
The white background of the card face also changes to an off-white color.
The gimmick is totally visible from the side of the deck when on the top or bottom of the deck.
Cut anywhere into the deck the gimmick renders a SOLID black line.

Lame no matter HOW many potential uses, effects, and "utility" suggestions get shoveled onto the DVD.
R. Dunn
View Profile
Regular user
135 Posts

Profile of R. Dunn
I hope nick is getting some cash for all his hard work on this thread.

Silver King makes excellent points which a potential buyer should know. Its these points that make the hundred million effects on the dvd null and void because you wont use the thing.

I had high hopes for this. Like enlightenment, this will be be retired to the money pit AKA : "The tricks I don't use" drawer
Nico Zottos
View Profile
Elite user
486 Posts

Profile of Nico Zottos
Okay. Silver King. There is a black line while the card is in the middle of the deck. If you hold the deck in mechanics script, that should cover both edges, and your index finger should be covering most of the front. Unless you place the deck in front of their face, they will not notice it because at the times when you have crystal method inside of the deck, you never have it near them. Either the deck is spread or down at your side.

Now, on another note, I disagree with the visibility of the gimmick. I took a picture of me holding two dupes in each hand, one with crystal method and the other without. The duplicate with the crystal method is on the right side of each pair.

You can see that there is a slight difference between the two cards but, they wont see both at the same time to compare.
Doc Magic
View Profile
Regular user
Pasadena, CA
151 Posts

Profile of Doc Magic
Nico, that's why I selectively phrased it almost fourteen posts, key word being almost. I must say it’s hard to tear myself away from this riveting conversation, but moving on...

I couldn't agree more "silverking", as an up-close practitioner, the gimmick lacks deceptiveness when it comes to signature effects. As the saying goes, spectators are smarter than we give them credit for, and I truly believe they pick up on this gimmick be it consciously or subconsciously. Either way, I think we would all have to agree that any doubt left in the spectators mind lessens the astonishment. The goal is to provide utter disbelief, absolutely no logical explanation. It is only then that you have achieved “real” magic. I believe we must all remain highly selective in the magical pieces that we perform. With so many effects being released it’s easy to become overwhelmed vs. carefully choosing effective and relevant pieces that suit each others performing styles. Crystal method may achieve that for some, but I suspect it is those few who actually lack appropriate selectiveness. I’ll finish as I started, to each his own.
"Experience is not what happens to you; it is what you do with what happens to you."- Aldous Huxley
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4574 Posts

Profile of silverking
Quote:
The duplicate with the crystal method is on the right side of each pair.

LOL, there's absolutely no need to post that line, as even in your incredibly grainy, back-lit and dim photo the right hand card in each set stands out like a sore thumb.
ziatabari
View Profile
New user
43 Posts

Profile of ziatabari
The gimmick is not obvious- it's been used hundreds on times and floored both magicians and laymen.
Go to the Magic Cave in Covent garden to see it in action!
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2494 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
Mine arrived today and I must say. Im impressed. I like it, alot..
Steve Dela
View Profile
Special user
U.K. London
961 Posts

Profile of Steve Dela
I have to give myself a big pat on the back as I have managed to fool people with the crystal method!
Infact for those that have the DVD, you can even see all the creators fooling people! its amazing to see it in action.
Oh and I have no financial interest in this which has been suggest to me by someone.

let the good times role!

Steve Dela
http://stevedela.com
Associate Member of the Inner Magic Circle
FFFF
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3631 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
Why is "fooling magicians" a benchmark. it has been my experience that 95% of magicians are easier to fool then laymen. iv found this true for almost anything in cards in coins for the members of my local ibm. they already have a conviction on how they think things are done, it does not take much to screw off that road. that's why people can lecture total old tarbell stuff ( and the room oh's and ahh's ). no offense to anyone but iv literally seen a whole room of magicians "get blowed away" from dave solomans version of the 21 card trick ( not kidding ).

lay people tend to hit spot on, and frankly most are nice enough not to say anything. a lot of guys do bad moves and think "they never get caught" *cough winter control cough*. id have to wonder of that is the case here.

mind you I don't own this, just a thought for discussion.
Steve Dela
View Profile
Special user
U.K. London
961 Posts

Profile of Steve Dela
In the UK people will say if they see you do a move. Trust me! We arn't that nice unfortunatly and working here as a magician is very tough! british lay people arn't easy to please and to get good reactions out of us isn't easy.

I do agree magicians are often easier to fool though.

Steve Dela
http://stevedela.com
Associate Member of the Inner Magic Circle
FFFF
R. Dunn
View Profile
Regular user
135 Posts

Profile of R. Dunn
Hey Nic.

(thanks to the mac for the pic)
Nico Zottos
View Profile
Elite user
486 Posts

Profile of Nico Zottos
I don't get it....
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3225 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Beating a dead horse!
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
Nico Zottos
View Profile
Elite user
486 Posts

Profile of Nico Zottos
I get that part....I just don't get how that is related to me, or crystal method.
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Quote:
On 2008-08-01 17:12, R. Dunn wrote:
Hey Nic.

(thanks to the mac for the pic)

Wow - Now that is a utility item I'll actually use in presentations etc. - thanks Mr. Dunn!
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Frank A. Glastone
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of Frank A. Glastone
That dead horse thing is darn funny. Especially once you read through all of Nicos' posts.
R. Dunn
View Profile
Regular user
135 Posts

Profile of R. Dunn
Glad everyone is enjoying this, and there's no better place for it than here in this tread (for now anyway).
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Crystal Method - By Darius - Impossible signed card effects » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..14~15~16~17~18~19 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL