The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Prediction-ary by Frank Velasco & Devin Knight (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2493 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
Frank Velasco and I are jointly releasing a new gimmick for mentalists. The effects are near impossible. Frank approached me last year with his concepts and together we improved up on it and have what we humbly believe to be a real miracle effect. Many things are possible but here are some possible effects:

Two dictionaries are on the table, a spectator (not instant stooge)looks through the dictionary, and freely selects a word and calls it out. The magician hands the person the other dictionary which has a bookmark it. He says on that page is a prediction. The person opens the book to that page and finds the very word he selected was circled with a black sharpie pen by the magician prior.

An effect I developed. A word is thought of by the spectator. He never tells it to the magician ever. The person doesn't write the word down either. The word is a free selection in his mind, he doesn't choose from a printed list of words. The magician hands him a dictionary with a page bookmarked. The magician says to the spectator if he opens to the bookmarked page he will find a word circled that defines the word he is thinking of. The person opens to the book mark page. Remember he has never told the magician the word in mind. Despite that, the circled word on that page is the definition of the word he just thought of. Baffling beyond words. 100% foolproof and works every time.

Other effects include Do As I Do. Magician and spectator both turn their backs and secretly circle a word in a dictionary and book mark the pages. Both words are seen to match perfectly!

Ok, no boom writers, no secret writing of any kind at any time. No special dictionary, use any borrowed one or cheap dollar store dictionaries. Dictionary can be left with the person as a souvenir. No preshow work. No stooges. No stooges of any kind, even instant stooges. No special dictionary.

No forces of any kind, words are freely chosen.

Here is a quote from Richard Osterlind:
Quote:
Prediction-ary incorporates a very clever idea that I have not seen used in this way before. It is a great utility device that creates some fantastic mysteries! It should find favor with many mentalists.

Will include the special gimmicks, bookmarks, and needed sharpie pens for some of the effects. Stay tuned for more details.

Devin Knight
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4464 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
Sounds nice guys, well done! Something which sounds like it can be done both close up and stage. Look forward to its release
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
davidlai308
View Profile
Veteran user
Kuala Lumpur,Malaysia
376 Posts

Profile of davidlai308
I would be definitely looking forward to this . Would love to bring this into my act and post a review .
An entrepreneur by day , a magician by night . Satiate my mind & you've won my heart .
www.superhumanz.online
mesmer
View Profile
Inner circle
1186 Posts

Profile of mesmer
This is another reason of not creating a 2008 new years resolution for "Stop buying another Magic related items"

keep em coming Devin.........

any released dates?

when can I have this in my possesion?
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2493 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
We are assembling the props now, expect this one out in the next few weeks. This will come out before my Random Thoughts and Foresight. I'm really excited about this one. And yes you can predict the definition of a word never written down or even told to the magician and it is 100% foolproof. I know that is a big claim, but you really don't know the word the person is thinking of...yet your prediction will be 100% correct. Not a vague prediction but the exact meaning of the word he has mentally selected.
It's based on a little known Al Mann idea that wasn't always reliable. I took the idea and revised it along with Frank's gimmick and made it 100% surefire.

You will also be correct...no misses...ever! or even near misses. You guys will be tickled when you see how the whole package works. I hope this will be the sleeper of the summer as far as mental effects go...very direct, and 100% clean.

Devin
Franky
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of Franky
Hi Devin,

it`s possible to perform PREDICTION-ary in any language?

Thanks.

Franky
Virungan
View Profile
Inner circle
Here and There
1156 Posts

Profile of Virungan
Sounds slightly similar to the final phase of your DOUBLE COINCIDENCE book test- is this a variation on the same methodology... or something altogether new...?
Smile When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth...Smile
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2493 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
Can be done in any language. Totally different method from Double Coincidence. This is not a variation and is entirely new.

Devin
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2493 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
It comes with all the needed gimmicks, sharpies, bookmarks and several additional routines by Jeff Pierce, Bob Klase and Michael Sibbernsen. Of course you get Frank's basic routine and several effects from me using the principle.
You supply your own dictionary as it is ungimmicked.
Hogle
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
133 Posts

Profile of Hogle
I'm really looking forward to this one.
Sounds very nice! Smile

Greetings from Germany
Daniel
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2445 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
Devon, how will it go over in a close up situation , and can only one dictionary be used and finally , how much time for set up and repeat performance . thanks Dave. Ok one more, what will it cost.
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2493 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
Dave, first of all this will work for just one person or a stage show. You can do this one on one strolling if you like. I have even used it in restaurants while doing table magic. We give you several routines in the manuscript that use only one dictionary. Set up time for a repeat performance is less than one minute. The cost will $39.95 and gives you everything you need.
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2445 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
Thanks for the quick replt, it's a good sign of how you will handle customers, I would love a PM when available . Daveeisler@juno
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2493 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
This will start shipping the latter part of next week. I've just added a new routine to directions in which TWO thought of words are found to be circled in the dictionary. The dictionary with the circled words is given to an audience member to hold BEFORE the participant reveals his thought of words. The audience member turns to the two bookmarked pages and finds both words circled. That is right the participant doesn't tell the mentalist what either of the words are UNTIL after you have made your two predictions and given the dictionary to an audience member. You never touch it again AFTER it is given to the audience member. Think about that one and ponder? Again no pre-show work. No stooges. NO SECRET WRITING at anytime.
slydini62
View Profile
Special user
939 Posts

Profile of slydini62
It has been a pleasure to work with Devin on this project. Devin is a class act and writes the best instructions in our business. I'm so glad that Devin decided to take this project on with me. I'll think everyone will be thrilled with this release. It is a REAL fooler and a worker....I'll be at the IBM/SAM convention in July so I'll be glad to assist anyone personally with Prediction-ary.
Luke-Magi
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of Luke-Magi
Hi.Long time reader ...1st time poster..
This sounds great..can we pre order?where will Predictionary be available from?
Given your reputation and excellent other material I would be happy pre buy in order to receive item asap
Many Thanks,
Luke
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2493 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
I will have some available next week. The rest of the dealers will have them by the end of May. Murphy's Magic is the official distributor. We are assembling this even as I write this. If anyone wants one direct from me, just send a PM to me and I will notify you when ready to ship next week.

Devin
Y2John
View Profile
Inner circle
1498 Posts

Profile of Y2John
Hey... just thought I'd chime in on this thread with my thoughts on this.

Frank shared with me the basic premise/workings of this some time back, and I feel the same way about this now as I did back then... absolutely brilliant.
The effects/routines possible with this are amazingly clean and direct, and there are so many possibilities when it comes to presentation etc.

Everything Devin has said is true.

I can safely say that this will be something that many of you will be able to utilise and perform, and is something you should definitely be keeping an eye on as it really is as good as it sounds.
slydini62
View Profile
Special user
939 Posts

Profile of slydini62
Hocus Pocus is now taking pre-orders for Predictionary. Available in mid-May, pre-order Predictionary to be the first to own this amazing new gimmick!

Members of Hocus Pocus only pay $37.95!!

The link is here on the first page:

http://www.hocus-pocus.com/magicshop/?hn=1

Here is what the Great mentalist Richard Osterlind had to say about Predictionary:

"Predictionary incorporates a very clever idea that I have not seen used in this way before. It is a great utility device that creates some fantastic mysteries! It should find favor with many mentalists." -- Richard Osterlind
wise owl
View Profile
Special user
Australia
721 Posts

Profile of wise owl
Is the dictionary used is borrowed? Can we just pick a magazine or something to do the magic? Any setup and how long?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Prediction-ary by Frank Velasco & Devin Knight (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL