The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Sterling Card Coin (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

lcombs
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of lcombs
Does anyone remember the Sterling Magic Card Coins? Does anyone still make a version of these. It was a Kennedy half with the name of a card laser cut thru the coin. There may have been a locking half that was cut on the back and normal on the front as well.

Thanks in advance,

lcombs
bobn3
View Profile
Special user
Wichita, KS
718 Posts

Profile of bobn3
They are a nice item. I still have one of these that I have had for years.

Bob Phillips
tom_stamm
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles
233 Posts

Profile of tom_stamm
I had about six of them stolen in a burglary a few years ago. I look for a couple of years for replacements. The Sterling coins were made with a hydraulic press. I finally had to have someone hand-cut me new ones. If you are interested, PM me and I will put you in touch with the guy who cut them for me.
Just Some Guy.

"For Seven Tons of the King's Tea,
Six Fine Ladies to Fight a Great Jackass -- me."
NicholasD
View Profile
Inner circle
1458 Posts

Profile of NicholasD
They've been showing up on E-Bay recently, so you might try that.

I recently purchased an original Paul Diamond Card-Coin with the instruction booklet by Jon Racherbaumer. ( This is the one that doesn't go all the way through the coin.)
shomemagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Missouri
2207 Posts

Profile of shomemagic
I had one like Nicholas and if I remember correctly it was filled with paint the number in black and the suit in red or black...Wish I cold find another one.
Magically,

Mike King - Sho-Me Magic

You can e-mail me at: shomemagic@gmail.com
jordanl
View Profile
Veteran user
325 Posts

Profile of jordanl
Kreis is making something similar to those. When Palmer Tilden was running Sterling they made a lot of nice products, including the cut coin jewelery that was somewhat popular in the 70's.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Sterling Card Coin (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL