The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » New Moving Holes Effect - Matrix by Michael Chatelain (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
slydini62
View Profile
Special user
936 Posts

Profile of slydini62
Yes, you could actually punch holes in the card if you use your imagination. I punch the holes, move the holes then give the card away as a souvenir.
Vaei
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of Vaei
Slydini: You're talking about Wilson/Close's version when you're talking about giving the card away? The one this thread talks about seems a really expensive souvenir!
Maforen
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of Maforen
Where is the video of Mike Powers showing three version of the moving hole effect? he said that a while back and I never saw anything come out., I like his Holy Terror effect. But looking for his other versions now. any one know of this?
mayniac
View Profile
Special user
572 Posts

Profile of mayniac
I would like to know what happened to that project as well. I was really looking forward to it.
mayniac
View Profile
Special user
572 Posts

Profile of mayniac
Double post.
WesRay
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of WesRay
Without giving the secret away, is there much of a difference in the handing between this and Hollow by Menny Lindenfeld?

Been considering adding a traveling hole effect and think that both of these seem nice. Just from the demos, the handlings look very similar.

Also, for anyone who has both... which seems to get the better reaction? Thanks!
Ray Haining
View Profile
Inner circle
Hot Springs, AR
1742 Posts

Profile of Ray Haining
OK: we have Michael Close, The Pothole Trick; R. Paul Wilson, Unholey Gathering; Mike Powers, Holey Terror II (is there a I and III?); Menny Lindenfeld, Hollow; and Michael Chatelain, Matrix (the Dean Dill effect doesn't count because it's unpublished). Any others? Which came first?
Dale A. Hildebrandt
View Profile
Special user
625 Posts

Profile of Dale A. Hildebrandt
Michael Weber had a moving hole trick that inspired Michael Close. Alex Elmsley is often cited as the originator of the moving hole plot. Hypnohole by yours truly utilizes DR and is a non-visual approach to making a "hole" appear. I did not create Hypnohole to improve anybody else's handlings; I created Hypnohole because it works for me and I like it.

Sincerely,
Dale A. Hildebrandt
claesmagic
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of claesmagic
This is "Move-tivation 2.0" - my take/own gimmick on the moving hole effect (handcrafted): https://youtu.be/ZFjgJNhcu9A
jackaboy
View Profile
Veteran user
universities aren't interested in my
303 Posts

Profile of jackaboy
Well claes
that is an amazing looking trick!!!
but the trailer is just a stock trailer for iMovie literally
i do like that though I want one too!
catweazle
View Profile
Special user
841 Posts

Profile of catweazle
I cant find it in the shop mentioned in the link, could you provide a direct link claesmagic?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » New Moving Holes Effect - Matrix by Michael Chatelain (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL