The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Enlightenment - The Ultimate Floating Card (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
magicman899
View Profile
Special user
506 Posts

Profile of magicman899
Where is the blog?
simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
1140 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
Quote:
On 2008-05-03 13:13, magicman899 wrote:
Where is the blog?

http://www.wowbound.com/blog.html
Ben Harris
View Profile
V.I.P.
The Land Down Under
2126 Posts

Profile of Ben Harris
Hi,

A "Raven" could drive it. But you need to be careful about your angles of approach. It may complicate things.

I will put "Driving Instructions" up at the blog over the next couple of days. These will be explicit and, some would say "exposure" but they will clear up things like "overdrive" etc.

Cheers

Ben
+Inventor of the world famous Floating Match+
+Author: Machinations (Vanishing Inc, 2020)+
EVERYTHING BEN HARRIS
jamie9
View Profile
Loyal user
211 Posts

Profile of jamie9
Could you use a PK ring?
KMan1564
View Profile
Loyal user
228 Posts

Profile of KMan1564
No, you cannot use a PK ring.
New Mentalism and eMagic Supply Exclusives
http://emagicsupply.com/126.html
wallmott
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of wallmott
Im thinking about geting this for my birthday but I'm not really sure what it is your getting,

Is the deck gimmicked or is there a gimmick in the deck? How much can be inspected by the spectators? do you need any special clothing? IS the gimmick easy to carry around for the cassual performer that does magic at partys etc?
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Quote:
On 2008-05-04 15:06, wallmott wrote:
Im thinking about geting this for my birthday but I'm not really sure what it is your getting,

Is the deck gimmicked or is there a gimmick in the deck? How much can be inspected by the spectators? do you need any special clothing? IS the gimmick easy to carry around for the cassual performer that does magic at partys etc?

The essential information is here: http://www.wowbound.com/blog.html
simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
1140 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
Quote:
The essential information is here: http://www.wowbound.com/blog.html

The infopack tells even more :

http://www.wowbound.com/enlightenmentinfopack.pdf
wallmott
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of wallmott
So if I'm right there is nothing to find for the spectator and the gimmick is very small and easy to carry around, right?
RooMan
View Profile
Special user
Texas
704 Posts

Profile of RooMan
Right.
Ben Harris
View Profile
V.I.P.
The Land Down Under
2126 Posts

Profile of Ben Harris
This was posted by Al Straker at the "Latest and Greatest" thread. It may be of some help here, in the reviews section:

FROM AL STRAKER:

"OK, so here goes...

Typical day in the Al Straker household lately...wake up, must noodle around with enlightemment for a few minutes. Two hours later... whay am I so hungry? Missed breakfast again while carried away with levitating a card. Finally eat, back to Enlightenment for a bit more 'refining' of handling, subtleties etc. Seems like only minutes and the call comes up LUNCHTIME!!!! Quickly slam down a bit of grub and back to... practicing Enlightenment. And so on it goes. Gotta tell you this thing is seriously addictive, I just can't stop watching the magic!!??!#@!

I decided to build the 'Deluxe' model of Enlightenment. Ben offers two options to get your 'Enlightenment' functioning (assuming you wish to do a floating card with it), one is a quick start and the other will take a bit of construction work, nothing difficult, just some time. It took me half a day to put together the whole thing and I am very pleased with the results, it has been providing HOURS of entertainment already and that is just for me and my children. It will be thoroughly worked out at my gig next Sunday - Currumbin RSL Mother's Day Function.

This really is a paradigm shift in close up levitation. It is one of those things you perform in the mirror to yourself over and over again and you laugh and laugh as you watch this incedible suspension of a magical moment happening right in front of you. You wonder again at the creative genius of Ben Harris and the mind that conceived this amazing thing.

One thing to advise you... be very very careful when you open this thing and for goodness sake don't start playing with it before you read the instructions. It IS delicate and it IS important to follow Ben's instructions to the letter!!! Don't leave it laying around near PK gear or you may end up in tears. As long as you read Ben's booklets supplied you will have no problems.

I feel like I am almost a Jedi now with this new found 'Enlightenment', performing it really is the closest thing to creating real magic I've felt in a long time.

Long live Harris!!!

Cheers,
Al"

Should help answer the questions raised.

Cheers

Ben
+Inventor of the world famous Floating Match+
+Author: Machinations (Vanishing Inc, 2020)+
EVERYTHING BEN HARRIS
thehawk
View Profile
Inner circle
2275 Posts

Profile of thehawk
Ben Skywalker
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I think Ben is more at a Yoda level. "Hmmm.. Float you will!!!"
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Kex
View Profile
Special user
Arlington, Texas
577 Posts

Profile of Kex
Wow... been pondering this effect for a while. Now I think I will more than ponder it. Thanks for all the good feedback on this effect folks!
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1351 Posts

Profile of Piz
When a demo for this?
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2008-05-06 02:54, Piz wrote:
When a demo for this?

Ther has been one up for awhile now:
http://www.wowbound.com/orderanddownloads.html
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1351 Posts

Profile of Piz
Thanks Chris, very impressed!

Just one question, and an honest answer would help?

Is it worth dishing out the 70 something, or should I stick with my 4 dollar version that's been dusting-up in my bottom drawer since '85'?! Reagan was one hell of a president!
RooMan
View Profile
Special user
Texas
704 Posts

Profile of RooMan
Thing is...not many of us have "Enlightenment" in hand yet as it shipped on May 1st from Australia. Only time will tell how this one is recieved.

But, if your $4 version is still "dusting-up your bottom drawer" since the 80's, you should consider an upgrade anyway!
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1351 Posts

Profile of Piz
Quote:
On 2008-05-06 17:26, RooMan wrote:
Thing is...not many of us have "Enlightenment" in hand yet as it shipped on May 1st from Australia. Only time will tell how this one is recieved.

But, if your $4 version is still "dusting-up your bottom drawer" since the 80's, you should consider an upgrade anyway!

Upgrade it is! Smile

I'm sure many of us have I.T. effects in our drawers that are collecting dust, I have never been a big fan of I.T. Enlightenment reverses this and finally gives the payed performer a chance to showcase a floating card effect that not only the performer, but the spectator as-well can enjoy in there own hands (from the description and demo of-course).

Paul

P.S. Didn't know it just started shipping. looking forward to the reviews, thanks. Smile
RooMan
View Profile
Special user
Texas
704 Posts

Profile of RooMan
I noticed Hocus Pocus already has this in stock. Darn! Why did I order the pre-release special?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Enlightenment - The Ultimate Floating Card (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL