The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Doug Henning's "Bump in the Night" up for auction??? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bryan Gilles
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1732 Posts

Profile of Bryan Gilles
Did you guys see that Henning's "Bump in the Night" is on eBay?

See it here!

I sure loved Henning's routines... he had that look of wonder on his face with each piece he performed... Magicians today lack that! Occasionally, you see McBride give that look though Smile

-Bryan
Erich Troudt
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Profile of Erich Troudt
A very good friend of mine owned the prop years ago, along with several other pieces and cases that were Hennings.

The prop was super cool. The tiger hair inside the box was totally cool. Every once in awhile we would open it, check it out, stand around and talk about how cool it was then put it away.

Whoever gets it is getting a very cool piece of magic history

Erich
Terry Owens
View Profile
Inner circle
Ft. Wayne, Indiana
1707 Posts

Profile of Terry Owens
That is being sold here in Fort Wayne by the VP of our IBM Ring selling it I believe...He has several illusions, I remember them talking about seeing the hair of tiger when they got it...
Christopher Starr
View Profile
Inner circle
Heart of America
1850 Posts

Profile of Christopher Starr
This is at least the second time that this thing has been offered on eBay. I would love to own anything that once belonged to Henning, but sadly this thing has no use for 99% of us.

Chris
Eyes of Darkness
View Profile
Regular user
137 Posts

Profile of Eyes of Darkness
There are more than one of these Doug Henning Bump In The Night Props. A friend of mine has one given to him by S&R. He still has the original crate.
Chezaday
View Profile
Inner circle
Naperville, IL
1673 Posts

Profile of Chezaday
Very interesting .. I thought there was more than one. I looked close at the photos and it is authentic. Just how many of these were made .. who knows??

This would look awesome in my Magic Room .. but, I've got other priorities right now.

Steve
Eyes of Darkness
View Profile
Regular user
137 Posts

Profile of Eyes of Darkness
I believe the box weighs around 300lbs.
Cashetta
View Profile
Regular user
Rehoboth Beach, DE
128 Posts

Profile of Cashetta
As far as I know there were about 3 of each illusion from that show made (at least). I actually have one of his Crystal Boxes which I treasure. And it's got the Magic Show Stamp on the original case which really makes me proud.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Doug Henning's "Bump in the Night" up for auction??? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL