The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Coin Two (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
OK well at work I cant see the trailer for its a government computer and blocks the page. so can you give me the basic effect?
Art190
View Profile
Elite user
447 Posts

Profile of Art190
Looks like Troy Hooser's Extraordinary, but way better.
GeorgeSantos
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego, CA
1106 Posts

Profile of GeorgeSantos
If what Homer teaches is a 3 coin sequence, then it probably would be close to the old performance video. Really great. I could almost do it.. LOL...
"David Roth is the greatest coin manipulator in the entire world.."

-Dai Vernon "The Professor"

I AM A FILIPINO MAGICIAN
Salby
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1256 Posts

Profile of Salby
Where is there a Demo of "Coin Two"??
You know how to make God laugh?........... Tell him your plans!!!
Bob Kohler
View Profile
Special user
704 Posts

Profile of Bob Kohler
Coin Two is based off of Troy's Extroydinary which I put on video for Troy.
Homer's routine is a fantastic version that in my opinion raises the bar. The sequences are very different.
Much like 3 Fly the coins vanish while held at the fingertips in much of the routine.

Homer goes into detail not normally seen in magic DVD's. It's a real lesson that leaves nothing to the imagination.

So while it's easy to say routines like this have been around for a long time and that's true I'm telling you that nothing that's come before is better or taught more completely.

I've been doing the routine since Homer taught it to me years ago but the DVD showed me a lot of little points that make all of the difference in the world.
www.bobkohlermagic.com

Home of the BK Pro Line
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Hi Bob, have you tried some of that style of "coin plucking" with a volunteer?

The productions (from his old video) look great and got me wondering if that mechanics could be applied to radically update the miser's dream effect using a volunteer or two.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
magicman899
View Profile
Special user
506 Posts

Profile of magicman899
Thanks Mr. Kohler for clearing that up.
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3631 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
It what be good I guess if he used a laterial type of thumb palm. too bad
Gary Yin
View Profile
Elite user
Sabah, Malaysia
449 Posts

Profile of Gary Yin
I too am waiting for this. Now I do my version of Trifectas which is essential the same concept and princips.
yrag89@hotmail.com (msn msgr)

Gary Justin Yin.
Fingers
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania, USA
1330 Posts

Profile of Fingers
I will tell you this, the man sure knows how to sell! I just had a look at Mr. Liwag's trailer and it looks fantastic! I admire his style and much more. He has a way that makes his material look so animated, suspenseful, dynamic, arousing and exciting you just have to get it! I have no idea what "CoinTwo" is all about from this trailer, but the trailer definately inspires me want it, even though it really exposes very little of what he is offering.

I have "CoinOne" and if that is any indication of what "CoinTwo" is like I will have to get "CoinTwo" also. "CoinOne" was fantastic and I expect "CoinTwo" will be also. I have practiced "CoinOne" daily since it was introduced to the free market and have had nothing, but great results in my performances of it to the general public, of course, I have added my personal touches to it, but essentially it is the same basic routine and I love it. It gives me confidence "CoinTwo" will be of the same caliber, I can't wait.....
Where I go, so do my coins.....
Gary Yin
View Profile
Elite user
Sabah, Malaysia
449 Posts

Profile of Gary Yin
yrag89@hotmail.com (msn msgr)

Gary Justin Yin.
Fingers
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania, USA
1330 Posts

Profile of Fingers
Hi Gary, Thanks for the link! I'm happy to be back! My computer died and I had to get a new one. Good to be speaking at you again.....
Where I go, so do my coins.....
tedski
View Profile
Special user
New Jersey
792 Posts

Profile of tedski
I know what gaff coin one uses. does coin two use the same gaff,or an additional one? PM if you can advise, thanks
FeiFongWong
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of FeiFongWong
Tedski, as no-one has the DVD yet, you won't be able to get a sure answer. But I reckon you'd get pretty short odds with 'yes'. Just off the top of my head.

The trailer said 2 routines. Does anyone know what the second is?
elliotcarver
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of elliotcarver
Quote:
On 2008-05-06 16:39, FeiFongWong wrote:
Tedski, as no-one has the DVD yet, you won't be able to get a sure answer. But I reckon you'd get pretty short odds with 'yes'. Just off the top of my head.

I heard there was one gimmicked and one ungimmicked routine. Pretty sure that it is true.

Elliot
magiclee71
View Profile
Loyal user
215 Posts

Profile of magiclee71
Quote:
On 2008-05-06 16:39, FeiFongWong wrote:

Actually according Homer about 150 have already been sold at Seminars.
Homer Liwag
View Profile
V.I.P.
223 Posts

Profile of Homer Liwag
Hello,
There are 2 routines on the Cointwo DVD. The first is a visual 3 coin vanish at the fingertips based on a Troy Hooser routine. It uses the same gimmick as Coinone. The second routine uses no gimmicks but you need to wear a jacket. The ungimmicked sequence is similar to the gimmicked routine except it uses more subtle methods for each vanish. The routines are quick and the concept of the DVD is to inspire your own variations and make them fit your individual style and personality. The routines haven't changed much in 16 years, I thought there would be enough ideas in timing and finesse to warrant a DVD.
As for what some people have tried to call the "Liwag Subtlety":
I've never made claim to inventing this subtlety, (the Ramsay style display from Coinone). I feel my only contribution I felt I made was the combination of elements to acheive a unique looking vanish. The Ramsay style grip alone is awkward looking and invites suspicion. When combined with a French Drop and the appropriate right finger movement, you end up with an effective vanish. Just my observation.
Hope I answered some of your questions!

Thanks,
homer
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3631 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
Thank Homer both routines sound like they will be cool =)
elliotcarver
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of elliotcarver
Quote:
On 2008-05-07 17:13, Hal wrote:
Hello,
There are 2 routines on the Cointwo DVD. The first is a visual 3 coin vanish at the fingertips based on a Troy Hooser routine. It uses the same gimmick as Coinone. The second routine uses no gimmicks but you need to wear a jacket. The ungimmicked sequence is similar to the gimmicked routine except it uses more subtle methods for each vanish. The routines are quick and the concept of the DVD is to inspire your own variations and make them fit your individual style and personality. The routines haven't changed much in 16 years, I thought there would be enough ideas in timing and finesse to warrant a DVD.
As for what some people have tried to call the "Liwag Subtlety":
I've never made claim to inventing this subtlety, (the Ramsay style display from Coinone). I feel my only contribution I felt I made was the combination of elements to acheive a unique looking vanish. The Ramsay style grip alone is awkward looking and invites suspicion. When combined with a French Drop and the appropriate right finger movement, you end up with an effective vanish. Just my observation.
Hope I answered some of your questions!

Thanks,
homer

Thanks Homer for clearing that up!

Homer, I sent you an e-mail on your site.
Could you check that please?

By the way, any news on when the site is updated again, I am checking every minute.

Thanks
Elliot
Homer Liwag
View Profile
V.I.P.
223 Posts

Profile of Homer Liwag
Hi Elliot,
It will be at least a couple of days before the site is ready. I just shot and edited the final trailer late last night. I have to update the news section and double check all the technical aspects of the site. We've lowered shipping costs and provided a discounted bundle if you buy Coinone and Cointwo together. My web designer is swamped with projects but the site is almost complete. Thanks for everyones patience.

Thanks,
homer
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Coin Two (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL