The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Balloon production in paper bag (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

kazza
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of kazza
Hi everyone,

I'm new to the Café and fairly new to magic. I recently saw a cool trick which I would like to do in my kids show. In this act, the magician shows an empty paper bag, inflates it, pops it and produces an inflated balloon animal from it. If anyone could offer any help, advice on how to do the trick, what props I need, etc., I would be most grateful!

Thanks in advance.
Kaz
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3642 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
Sounds like a version of the wine bottle production. Was this the first trick he did? For starters, I would say you need a balloon animal and a paper bag.

Jim
kazza
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of kazza
Thanks, Jim. I kinda worked out that I needed the balloon animal and paper bag. Smile Question is: is it a gimmicked bag? I can't see that it is but I'm new to magic. It's all magic to me!

I found this clip of Jeff Hobson performing the trick http://youtube.com/watch?v=kyvbTbAcNYA. I love it! But how is it done??? I would like to use this as a prelude to a live bunny production in my routine.

Kaz
rorythegreat
View Profile
Veteran user
Seattle, WA
393 Posts

Profile of rorythegreat
This is in Jeff Hobson's lecture notes.
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3717 Posts

Profile of mrunge
Here is the correct link to the Hobson routine mentioned above. For some reason, the period at the end of the sentence became part of the web address.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=kyvbTbAcNYA

Mark.
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3642 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
That's pretty entertaining! I have no idea how he did it, but pick up a copy of Hobson's lecture notes and start practicing!

Jim
Jeremy L.
View Profile
Special user
800 Posts

Profile of Jeremy L.
It can also be found on his Hobson Live DVD, which is probably easier to find.
Jeremy L.
Do you buy ethically?
Magic Fakes
drokle
View Profile
New user
Orlando, FL
28 Posts

Profile of drokle
If you go to totalvid.com you can rent Hobson's live DVD via download. You can sign up for a free 7 day trial with totalvid.
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburgh, Pa
2973 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
Quote:
On 2008-05-07 04:29, drokle wrote:
If you go to totalvid.com you can rent Hobson's live DVD via download. You can sign up for a free 7 day trial with totalvid.

I'm sure Jeff Hobson would appreciate that or any other magical creator.
Is he being compensated from totalvid ???
If you can't help worrying, remember worrying can't help you!
drokle
View Profile
New user
Orlando, FL
28 Posts

Profile of drokle
From what I understand, totalvid is a legitimate business using digital rights licensing. I don't support piracy and wouldn't have suggested the sight if I thought that it was infringing on the rights of anyone.
jeffhobson
View Profile
V.I.P.
240 Posts

Profile of jeffhobson
This is the first I've heard of my video being sold this way and of course it's unethical. It's also illegal no matter what they say. This may alter my plans of releasing and new and updated video to magicians. I have a few other very good DVD's that I'm about to produce but now am not sure.

I have my complete lecture on general magic (which included the above balloon routine) and my complete Egg Bag lecture. .NOT to mention a ton of other great lectures and magic at: http://www.TheLectureNetwork.com It's all in the archive which you have access to over the interview whenever you want. Also, all lectures and interviews are LIVE and INTERACTIVE. Check it out! Please do the right thing and don't download my video from the above mentioned site. It's just WRONG!
The Hilarious Host of Las Vegas!
VISIT my magic shop: www.HobsonsChoiceMagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Balloon production in paper bag (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL