The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Criss Angel's/Cyril's "Matrix"-flying illusion is now for public sale (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
gitty
View Profile
Special user
Vienna, Austria
871 Posts

Profile of gitty
I am sure that everybody have seen Criss Angel's and Cyril's so called Matrix-illusion:
Angel - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oyVrr16NnQ
Cyril - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Tny6ke_Svw

Taiwan Magic is the only magic company in the world who is selling this illusion - called SUPERNATURAL MAN.
Demo - http://www.taiwanmagic.com.tw/en/index.asp

The price is $2.350.
http://www.taiwanmagic.com.tw/en/inside.asp

I think the price is ok (too much for me :-( for such a great illusion.
WALTHER
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3698 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
Pretty cool ....

Is this custom built for the performer, or do you have to construct the gimmick yourself using their instructions?

Jim
gitty
View Profile
Special user
Vienna, Austria
871 Posts

Profile of gitty
Sorry, but on the Taiwan Magic site are no details about the gimmick.
Maybe we can collect our questions and send them our requests?
WALTHER
LeeAlex2002
View Profile
Inner circle
1007 Posts

Profile of LeeAlex2002
Is the first part the same as Doug Malloy's "Lean"?

I also notice they have Sean Bogunia's writing pad on the site, Losander's floating table and Puchinger's Cube Zag. Even Andre Kohl's Head Mover...
Yours Magically,
Lee Alex

https://www.devilshank.com/
videokideo
View Profile
Special user
895 Posts

Profile of videokideo
I like that Double Stabbed Tube Pulling Waist Box.....LOL!
JasonBaney
View Profile
New user
92 Posts

Profile of JasonBaney
This is an illegal copy of one of Danny Cole's signature routines. Cyril was given permission but no one else has the rights to do it! Let alone sell it! Frickin' unbelievable.
Swann101
View Profile
Special user
558 Posts

Profile of Swann101
The illusions are rip-offs, they even use photos of Brett Daniels, Rick Thomas and Hans Klok in their advertising! Like Jason mentioned, unbelievable!
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4207 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
This company has full page ads in the major Magic magazines right now.
gitty
View Profile
Special user
Vienna, Austria
871 Posts

Profile of gitty
There is a full-page ad of this company in the April issue of the Magic Magazine.
WALTHER
gitty
View Profile
Special user
Vienna, Austria
871 Posts

Profile of gitty
Cyril is the only person with a permission for this illusion and what's about Criss Angel?
WALTHER
g0thike
View Profile
Special user
722 Posts

Profile of g0thike
How dare they rip off a levitation featured worldwide on the movie the Matrix. Someone cry wolf and call Keannu Reeves.

The Lean illusion is public domain. It's an old clown gag.
LeeAlex2002
View Profile
Inner circle
1007 Posts

Profile of LeeAlex2002
Quote:
The Lean illusion is public domain, its an old clown gag.

The effect or the method as offered by Doug Malloy?
Yours Magically,
Lee Alex

https://www.devilshank.com/
g0thike
View Profile
Special user
722 Posts

Profile of g0thike
Lee,

The effect. Doug Malloy offers a unit for sale. His unit might have superior quality, but the effect is an old clown gag/vaudville.

The Matrix effect was from the movie, but at the same time it is also an old dance move- some of the Cirque performers can do it naturally. Once again an old gag.

G0THIKE
JasonBaney
View Profile
New user
92 Posts

Profile of JasonBaney
The effect they sell is not the lean, it's Danny's sitting illusion. Which just so happens is versatile enough to do the lean effect, using a different method than Doug Malloys and the Matrix effect. The Matrix illusion "ripoff"is an idiotic comparision since it was done with a green screen and wires, not in real life. Copperfield flies but he didn't steal it from Superman. The question is method, not idea or concept. His original and private method is being sold otherwise known as intellectual property.
g0thike
View Profile
Special user
722 Posts

Profile of g0thike
Jason,

The Matrix illusion in the movie was filmed most likely with a harness on the actor, attached with wires to a cross bar. It's a standard fly.

A harness is not an ORIGINAL idea, maybe its design can fall into that category.

G0THIKE
JasonBaney
View Profile
New user
92 Posts

Profile of JasonBaney
Gothike,

The Matrix is fiction, a movie, for crying out loud. It is not performable in the real world, for a live audience, surroundable. The extra features on the dvd explain how they did it with wires and a green screen, no harness. You should understand if I build a working spaceship I didn't steal it from Star Trek. I spent the time, energy, and money to build it and make it real. That is what Danny did. You should respect the rights of a fellow performer, apparently that is beyond some people's capabilities. It doesn't matter if the gimmick is a harness or not, it is his design, his gimmick, and no one elses to take.
g0thike
View Profile
Special user
722 Posts

Profile of g0thike
Jason,

I do respect people's capabilities. I give credit when credit is due.

Do me a favor and type "Matrix Levitation" on Youtube. A lot of videos of people performing the effect. I used to do it myself as a joke several years ago when I use to frequent Goth clubs and when I sometimes wore a trench coat. I even have video of myself bending my back and saying "Ahh, NEO" to one of my volunteers who was wearing a trench coat and shades, that was about 4 years ago.

The fact is that some ideas were already thought up by someone else. I wish I invented the "Clapper", I would be rich. Someone else did, I bet someone else had the same idea but did not get it to market. I think my idea of the 5-day underwear will not be a popular seller.

I have no association with that Taiwan shop. But I can bet that their harness is a different design than Danny's. Such as Gossamer's harness is different than
other broom suspension gimmicks. Yet they accomplish the same effect.

G0THIKE
JasonBaney
View Profile
New user
92 Posts

Profile of JasonBaney
Gothike,

I think you miss my point.

I am not saying the "matrix illusion" is Danny's. That is not the effect Dan does with it. I have seen others do similar effects, using original methods they came up with. I sincerely doubt this dealer came up with his own method and design. This guy in Taiwan did not and has no right to sell it or the knock off Losander tables or Sean Bogunia pads he sells. He obviously doesn't care and realizes there are other scum like him that won't either.

As far as the clapper reference, all ideas are not meant for sale. Dan had no intention of every putting it on the market. There are plenty of thieves that have stolen material and you tube is full of them. You can see hundreds of people doing stolen material with knock off props and illusions.

My point is you shouldn't support this establishment, or this kind of behavior. If it was just one thing on his website then maybe coincidence, but there are several items at quick glance. Some magicians are artists, some are imitators. Some have morals and a backbone to stand up for what is right, while others are thieves and steal. We all must make a choice on where to stand. I've made mine and stated it here.
Laszlo Csizmadi
View Profile
Special user
From Hell
868 Posts

Profile of Laszlo Csizmadi
Jason is right I saw Danny doing the sits illusion in the Murray Hatfield Magic'N Miracles show years ago.

Best,

Las
g0thike
View Profile
Special user
722 Posts

Profile of g0thike
Jason,

Without comparing both harnesses, the one from Danny and Tawaian. I give up. You win.

Though if you still want to continue this conversation send me a Private Message.

G0THIKE
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Criss Angel's/Cyril's "Matrix"-flying illusion is now for public sale (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL