The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Criss Angel's/Cyril's "Matrix"-flying illusion is now for public sale (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
videokideo
View Profile
Special user
895 Posts

Profile of videokideo
Personally I hate seeing it go on the market as it was one of the best kept secrets with very few performers! One truly that I know of. Another guy seems to have his sitting illusion which I've seen, but matrix is different. I don't believe the original sitting design can do it. Different gimmick and science. So I'd love to know who this originates from truly! Heck, I'd like to know where Cyril got his and I'm satisfied.

On the dark side, I gotta say the price is right. Great reactions come with this when done correctly.

Guess we will see what happens soon. May be something seen in a lot of shows all of a sudden...I'm willing to bet on it!
chrusa
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
736 Posts

Profile of chrusa
Is this something that can be done anywhere and appears totally impromptu?
Thanks,
<BR>
<BR>Chris Hrusa
The Game
View Profile
Regular user
Israel
177 Posts

Profile of The Game
Are there any more sources on this levitation?
bry1513
View Profile
Veteran user
373 Posts

Profile of bry1513
I don't like the fact that the demo video is spliced. There is something missing......
chrusa
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
736 Posts

Profile of chrusa
Is this something that can be done anywhere and appears totally impromptu? I might want to buy this. One reason I didn't buy the lean is because evidently you need to have it set up prior you can't just walk up to it. Can you do that with this?
Thanks,
<BR>
<BR>Chris Hrusa
Dixie
View Profile
Loyal user
219 Posts

Profile of Dixie
Dear JasonBaney
you say "Copperfield flies but he didn't steal it from Superman."
I heard somewhere that the principle was patented and used already by Maskelyne in London around 1904 or 1912 and stolen by Harry Kellar.
True? I don't know.
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Quote:
On 2008-05-23 12:21, Dixie wrote:
Dear JasonBaney
you say "Copperfield flies but he didn't steal it from Superman."
I heard somewhere that the principle was patented and used already by Maskelyne in London around 1904 or 1912 and stolen by Harry Kellar.
True? I don't know.


The parts that make Copperfield's flying unique are different from the Maskelyne or Kellar methods.

Best,

Tim
cardfreakhk
View Profile
Special user
Hong Kong SAR
585 Posts

Profile of cardfreakhk
So, what should we do to KILL all those ppl?
There are too many rip-offs thruout the world that have been hurting our art.

Even Cyril performed Shawn's card trick without asking him...
Even Copperfield, he performed the SNOW....
Don't just dream, stay awake and action!
Dixie
View Profile
Loyal user
219 Posts

Profile of Dixie
Hi Tim,
The drawing from the Maskelyne illusion shown in one of the Steinmeyer books and the drawing in the patent application from John Gaughan looks quite similar for someone who is not familiar with this illusion.
30 to 50 strings and a mechanism to pull it up 100 years ago and 30 to 50 strings today (just half of them on each side). I don't see the big difference, but of course I am not an engineer who may easily see the general difference in the basic idea.
Regards
Dixie
The Game
View Profile
Regular user
Israel
177 Posts

Profile of The Game
Why do we play police officers and try to catch evil magicians who try to copy tricks?
Why don't you just focus on creating and performing magic without trying to control everything that goes wrong in this world?
Guess what, people ripped off hundreds of years ago and will rip off in the future no matter what you do.
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Quote:
On 2008-05-24 05:15, Dixie wrote:
Hi Tim,
The drawing from the Maskelyne illusion shown in one of the Steinmeyer books and the drawing in the patent application from John Gaughan looks quite similar for someone who is not familiar with this illusion.
30 to 50 strings and a mechanism to pull it up 100 years ago and 30 to 50 strings today (just half of them on each side). I don't see the big difference, but of course I am not an engineer who may easily see the general difference in the basic idea.
Regards
Dixie


Hello Dixie,

I know the drawing you are speaking of and I and I can tell you without a doubt that there is a huge difference in the two devices. The DC rig is fricken genius!

Quote:
On 2008-05-24 05:57, Poison wrote:
Why do we play police officers and try to catch evil magicians who try to copy tricks?
Why don't you just focus on creating and performing magic without trying to control everything that goes wrong in this world?
Guess what, people ripped off hundreds of years ago and will rip off in the future no matter what you do.

Hmmmmmm sounds like someone out there owns a knockoff or two? LOL

Sorry Poison but I guess you're ok with seeing your neighbor rip off another neighbor but some of us can't just sit by and turn our faces away. Your profile is blank so I have no idea if you are 100 years old or a 14 year old kid but I'll ask you this question anyway.

If you're a parent and one of your kids starts to put stuff from a local store into his pockets to shoplift them are you going to say... "People have always stolen and nothing I do will ever stop it so go ahead"? Or are you going to instruct your son/daughter that its not the right thing to do?

Best,

Tim
The Game
View Profile
Regular user
Israel
177 Posts

Profile of The Game
I am 31 years old.
I respect all of you.
But - I meant there are aweful things that people do you can't control.
That's it.
Stealing is one of them.
Understand that stealing the effect will not steal your repertoire and what you accomplished all the years, and you cannot steal presentation and showmanship.
So why worry too much?
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Quote:
On 2008-05-24 12:43, Poison wrote:
I am 31 years old.
I respect all of you.
But - I meant there are awefull things that people do you can't control.
That's it.
Stealing is one of them.
Understand that stealing the effect will not steal you repertoire and what you accomplished all the years, and you cannot steal presentation and showmanship.
So why worry too much?

Thanks Poison,

Its a good response but I'll have to respectfully disagree. Many effects are lessened in the poor presentation and building of knockoffs. How many people do you think now have an understanding of how Origami works because of so many poor copies are out there?

On the other hand there are creators who just don't have much inspiration to release new effects when it will be copied and on the market in months. That also hurts magic as a whole.

You're right. We can't stop it totally. However if we promote respect for other performers and builders then we'll get it right back ourselves and that DOES help magic in general. Ignoring the problem and treating it like it's something that's OK will only promote IP theft and encourage new generations in magic to ignore the ethics that promote good magic.

My ethics have returned an awful lot to me including contributions to my own magic as well as opened many doors in the magic world to me, both career wise and personally. It's been a hoot and I try my best to encourage others to follow the same path and enjoy those same benefits.


Best,

Tim
chrusa
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
736 Posts

Profile of chrusa
Hey, does anyone know Is this something that can be done anywhere and appears totally impromptu? I might want to buy this. One reason I didn't buy the lean is because evidently you need to have it set up prior. You can't just walk up to it. Can you do that with this?
Thanks,
<BR>
<BR>Chris Hrusa
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Quote:
On 2008-05-24 19:15, chrusa wrote:
Hey, does anyone know Is this something that can be done anywhere and appears totally impromptu? I might want to buy this. One reason I didn't buy the lean is because evidently you need to have it set up prior. You can't just walk up to it. Can you do that with this?

Sad! Danny Cole are your reading this?

Best,

Tim
JasonBaney
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of JasonBaney
Hey chrusa,

I would suggest you spend the money on some morals but since you can't buy them how abut a book on ethics or maybe creativity.
sileeni
View Profile
Loyal user
UK.
267 Posts

Profile of sileeni
I thought the Magic Café was all about magicians helping magicians.
Because Chrusha is asking questions, instead of giving the member an answer you prefer to slag him/her off.
The answer to your question Chrusha is you would need a special something on the floor. However the Illusion itself is Danny Cole's, and it seems the company who are selling this may not have the inventors permission.
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Quote:
On 2008-05-25 16:23, sileeni wrote:
I thought the Magic Café was all about magicians helping magicians.
Because Chrusha is asking questions, instead of giving the member an answer you prefer to slag him/her off.



You are right Sileeni.. it IS about magicians helping magicians but NOT about helping magicians steal from other magicians. It's also about helping fellow magicians protect their originality and IP.

Best,

Tim
chrusa
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
736 Posts

Profile of chrusa
Thanks for the answer regarding the special something on the floor. I don't understand about what you mean about morals and ethics. If I purchase it and don't make it myself can't I perform it? I would not hesitate to spend the $1500. I wasn't intending to steal or make the effect myself at all!
Thanks,
<BR>
<BR>Chris Hrusa
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Quote:
On 2008-05-25 20:56, chrusa wrote:
Thanks for the answer regarding the special something on the floor. I don't understand about what you mean about morals and ethics. If I purchase it and don't make it myself can't I perform it? I would not hesitate to spend the $1500 I wasn't intending to steal or make the effect myself at all!


Chrusa,

If you buy it ( even with good hard earned cash) from someone that it doesn't belong to then that is stealing. These people make and sell knockoffs of illusions they don't have building rights to.

Best,

Tim
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Criss Angel's/Cyril's "Matrix"-flying illusion is now for public sale (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.23 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL