The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Dlites (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

klass
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of klass
Hi, I just bought a pair of d'lite from magic.org, but it wasnt the thing I was expecting to be... It sooo obvious but I don't know how to conceal it? any help plz?
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3393 Posts

Profile of gaddy
It fooled you, didn't it?

All kidding aside -you have to keep them moving, get the flow of lights from hand to hand smooth, always hide them 90% behind your hands, and make sure the spectators always see the unlit d'lites from a head on view, never a side view.

Develop a routine where, after producing the lights a few times from each hand and thru the shirt (or whatever trick move you want to use) you end clean with the d'lites in your pockets and your hand empty or full of a surprise final load, like red sponge balls or a red candy something of the sort...

D'lite is a good trick, don't lose hope on it.
*due to the editorial policies here, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
Bradley Roberts
View Profile
Elite user
Las Vegas
413 Posts

Profile of Bradley Roberts
They are great to use and worth it. Kids love them as well as adults, that is if they don't own them already. There are a few DVD's on the Dlites too. They will instruct you on the use and even provide a few routines. You should get one of these... they will help you out a lot.

Cheers,
B-Rad
B-Rad "The Kids Magician"
Brad Kids Magic Website
"A child's smile is one of life's greatest blessings."
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3656 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
"it wasn't what I was expecting it to be ... "

Klass, if you buy a trick, and don't know how it works before you get it, it's never what you expect it to be. Otherwise you'd just construct it yourself. The secret to most tricks is simple, but secret. That's what makes it "magic".

Jim
whitjm5
View Profile
Loyal user
of magic in Jacksonville, FL
222 Posts

Profile of whitjm5
Purely subjective here, but the routines I've seen have looked very tacky. It just reminds too much of those obnoxious kids at raves waving their glowsticks around. Perhaps I just need to see it done 'the right way' to fully appreciate them.
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
Try using the D'Lites as part of someting else, not as a routine in itself. I have some suggestions for using D'Lites with my "Hank, the Ghost Hank" routine, where you seem to capture "Tinkerbell" rather than a ghost, or a miniature "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer" for a Christmas themed version. That "Ghost Hank" e-Article is in The Wizards' Journal #16.

In the Wizards' Journal #8, I included a routine for use with D'Lites in a Valentine's Day theme, called "My D'Liteful Valentine".

Anything you can do to get away from using it the way every Tom, Dick and Harry Houdini Jr. uses them will put you a step ahead of the crowd. What's worse, rip-offs are appearing in the Children's Toy sections of some Dollar Stores. The usual routines will soon be known by every kid in every neighborhood.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
Mysterious
View Profile
Regular user
154 Posts

Profile of Mysterious
I used them just last night, people love them.
Like anything in magic PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE!
On a side note I wouldn’t use them professionally, but maybe after dinner out when the lights are low, there a huge attention getter.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Dlites (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL