The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Types of Cruise Magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

m@t
View Profile
Loyal user
London, UK www.MatthewLaskey.com
250 Posts

Profile of m@t
Hi guys,

I'm currently performing close-up magic in restaurants and bars in London. As I will be taking my gap year from university, I am interested in working cruise ships for that period. I am interested however what type of magic is involved in cruise ship magic.

I have spoken to friends that have been on cruises and half have said that they have seen close-up magic performed on cruises and half have said that they have seen stage illusions and manipulation on cruises. Which type is the most common on board cruise ships?

M@t Smile
Thoughtreader
View Profile
Inner circle
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
1565 Posts

Profile of Thoughtreader
Generally they hire you to work the stage and if you want to do close-up during the cruise, go ahead. If it is good and you are entertaining, it will both improve attendance at your stage shows and more importantly, since the passengers "mark" you as far as how much they like you and your staying on the cruise depends on this, it WILL help.
PSIncerely Yours,
Paul Alberstat
Supplying Unqiue Mentalism World-wide
(search google for AB StageCraft for the link)
Canada's Leading Mentalist
http://www.mindguy.com
AB StageCraft
http://www.mindguy.com/store
Magicman13
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of Magicman13
Yes, Paul I agree. I believe it is mostly stage magic but, if you're a fairly decent close up performer why not walk around the ship and promote your own show?

Leon Smile
"Leave your own Legacy." *Mickey Mantle

"Be Natural." *The Professor
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Types of Cruise Magic (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.48 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL