The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Examinable One Card Link (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Nechto
View Profile
Special user
UK
871 Posts

Profile of Nechto
Thanks Thomas,

As I said the filming starts in about 9 1/2 hours so it won't be too long before its release.

Thanks again everyone for your interest,

Ben
Nechto
View Profile
Special user
UK
871 Posts

Profile of Nechto
Filming is finished!

All is looking great, there are lots of little extra ideas that I have included to. It shouldn't be too long before the download will be ready and the DVD's replicated. We will try to get a clear close up demo up asap so you can see a nicer video clip of the actual linked rings.

Thanks,

Ben
Dominic Reyes
View Profile
Inner circle
Got to a gig too early so wrote his
1429 Posts

Profile of Dominic Reyes
Watched the filming of the DVD yesterday, Looks like it's going to be a very nice production indeed! Need's to be too, as Ben's effect is a killer!

What really impressed me was the attention Ben paid to not leaving a single detail out of the handling and presentation. With Ben tipping us one of his faviourite performing routines, some might say its like cutting off the branch your sitting on, but the effect deserves to be taught with ALL the 'little extra tips' that are so useful. Ben, well done mate!

Should have a release date very soon now, and will get it on the site for pre-orders as soon as we know the delivery date for the first batch of DVD's

Dominic
Nechto
View Profile
Special user
UK
871 Posts

Profile of Nechto
Hi everyone,

Just so you know we will offer pre-orders only once we know the actual release date of the DVD as I believe there have been too many pre-orders taken with magic effects when the actual product isn't anywhere near ready. I also may see if we can do some sort of pre-order the effect and get the download link sent to you whilst you wait for the DVD, that way you have the effect and can start learning the technique asap. It is just a thought at the moment but it should be easy enough to do.

Thanks,

Ben
Y2John
View Profile
Inner circle
1498 Posts

Profile of Y2John
Yeah the download link option for those who purchase would be cool... hopefully you can get something like that sorted.
Nechto
View Profile
Special user
UK
871 Posts

Profile of Nechto
That should be do-able.

Just spoke with Dave (Full 52) and he said the footage is looking really good, I'm really excited about this release!

Ben
matt.magicman
View Profile
Inner circle
Mars
1524 Posts

Profile of matt.magicman
How mauch longer ben?
Lseeyou
View Profile
Inner circle
1271 Posts

Profile of Lseeyou
Hi Ben,

When pre-release and the download link? Smile

Cheers
Nechto
View Profile
Special user
UK
871 Posts

Profile of Nechto
Hey guys,

I'm afraid I cannot tell you an exact date as I am not sure when the editing will be finished. All I can promise is that when it is I will strive to get it live to you asap. I am hoping it will be done by 2 weeks time max.

Thanks again,

Ben
Elliott Hodges
View Profile
Veteran user
England
324 Posts

Profile of Elliott Hodges
This does sound like a genius idea.
Presuming you guys are American-will it be available across the pond?
Nechto
View Profile
Special user
UK
871 Posts

Profile of Nechto
Hey Elliot,

We are actually based in england, although it will be distributed through Murphy's Magic Supplies which is an American company. As soon as it is in stock with them we will have it in stock, we will also have it available as a download. Just so you know the Merchant of Magic is based in Waterlooville which is just north of Portsmouth about an hour and a half south of London.

Thanks, I have been told the footage is nearly ready so it definitely won't be too long.

Cheers,

Ben
gamma105
View Profile
Regular user
City of Evil
150 Posts

Profile of gamma105
I can't wait for this!!
millarhouse
View Profile
Regular user
New Zealand
199 Posts

Profile of millarhouse
Looks good
Nechto
View Profile
Special user
UK
871 Posts

Profile of Nechto
Thanks everyone,

I am hoping it won't delay the project too long but the person editing OCL has had some personal problems he needs to attend to. He promises it won't delay the project too long but, I also understand if it does as it is not your run of the mill type personal problem and he has all my support.

So as gutted as I am to say this it is going to be a little longer,

Sorry guys,

Ben
gmmagic124
View Profile
Special user
751 Posts

Profile of gmmagic124
Ben,

Take your time.
Quality over quantity anyday.
Nechto
View Profile
Special user
UK
871 Posts

Profile of Nechto
Thanks,

I fully agree, I have had a look at the artwork and it looks great, the stills from the video footage look awesome too. I really can't wait to unleash this to you all, I am sure you will love it!

All the best,

Ben
Mark Elsdon
View Profile
Loyal user
249 Posts

Profile of Mark Elsdon
Quote:
On 2008-05-28 17:22, gmmagic124 wrote:
Ben,

Take your time.
Quality over quantity anyday.

That said, hurry up!

ME
Check out The View From Here:
http://elsdon.blogspot.com/
Nechto
View Profile
Special user
UK
871 Posts

Profile of Nechto
Hey Mark!

I have actually just been forwarded the master copies today! I didn't actually expect this for a good couple of weeks so I am VERY happy! And, it looks great too!

I will try to upload the demo in the performance section today so that you can all see the performance.

Thanks again everyone,

Ben
Nechto
View Profile
Special user
UK
871 Posts

Profile of Nechto
Hi everyone,

Here is the performance video taken from my O.C.L. DVD. I was hoping to get a REAL close up of the linked cards but as I didn't know exactly what footage was going on the DVD I haven't done it myself. As there is no EXTREME close up on the linked cards I will film one for everyone asap. I promise you that there is no area on the linked cards that you can see any sort of slice or cut.

Anyways, here is the video of the performance:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLckqjsf5qg

Enjoy!

Ben
Lloyd Barnes
View Profile
Special user
545 Posts

Profile of Lloyd Barnes
This look awesome Ben!

Excellent work, I'll definatly pick this up,

Lloyd
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Examinable One Card Link (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL