The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Lota Bowl Question (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Tom Riddle
View Profile
Special user
Chelsea, UK
507 Posts

Profile of Tom Riddle
Perhaps I could simply take off my "adult diaper" and squeeze it into the lota for a running gag....
I trust that SOMEONE must get offended seeing a baby-doll "weeing" into a bowl that gets emptied in front of children. If you must go that far, why not add yellow food dye?
"Yes, Virginia, there really are people named Riddle...isn't that AMAZING! And to think of all the royalties I'm missing out on! SCANDALOUS!"

Thomas Williamson Riddle III
Chelsea, UK
Corbett
View Profile
Inner circle
Indiana
1155 Posts

Profile of Corbett
I used the Lota for years, and I emptied it nearly every other trick. Seems this was the most remembered part of my show. Audiences love it.
alexa
View Profile
Veteran user
NJ
393 Posts

Profile of alexa
I use the lota 8 times for a very themed, particular purpose. It just depends on how you use---remember, the tricks don't matter! It's you they need to find (insert positive adjective here...)

Alexa
demente42
View Profile
Regular user
Florida
199 Posts

Profile of demente42
I haven't seen Chris Capehart's routine but it sounds from rockwall's post I use it in a similar way as I do it before every trick. I start off by saying it is my first trick but then act surprised that it is filled with water. I empty it and say it needs to dry and we'll get back to it. I have different jokes about it being refilled each time and at one point accuse one of the kids of filling it up when I'm not looking. Toward the end of the show I prove that the kid was filling it up by pumping water from him via the comedy funnel. In all I probably get about 5 or six pours out of the lota depending on my show length.
Brandon Smith

Imagine The Impossible
www.MagicForAnyOccasion.com

Creator of Dough or No Dough & Show Me the Bunny.
CarlEJones
View Profile
Elite user
Dallas, Texas
451 Posts

Profile of CarlEJones
I use it till the laughs, gasps, and "WOW'S" stop flowing -- or till the water runs out. Smile
Carl
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24089 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I start my show with the Lota Bowl on my side table. After a few of my tricks I tell the kids I need some water because I am thirsty. I drink the water each time I pour it into a cup 4 times. I leave the Lota Bowl and cup open view again. I come back after a few tricks and do 4 more pours as if I was thirsty again. I do use humours lines between each pour.
sibbie
View Profile
Special user
East Coast
523 Posts

Profile of sibbie
What do you all dump the water into? I am trying to figure out what would be the most transportable method if you are not working outdoors.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24089 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Sibbie, it is easy to bring a cup to drain the water into after the show. If there is a overflow, I'll drink it.
demente42
View Profile
Regular user
Florida
199 Posts

Profile of demente42
I use a metal bucket/pail that I picked up in the garden section of Target. It packs into my suitcase table and will hold other messy props during transport that I might worry about leaking.
Brandon Smith

Imagine The Impossible
www.MagicForAnyOccasion.com

Creator of Dough or No Dough & Show Me the Bunny.
Wanlu
View Profile
Inner circle
Manila, Philippines
3058 Posts

Profile of Wanlu
Hi Dynamic,

Who's the girl in your avatar? Smile

Wanlu
"The Old Path"
www.angdatingdaan.org

Wanlu's Affordable Puppets
http://wanlu.net/ventpuppets.html

Wanlu and his Puppets
http://wanlu.net
MoonRazor
View Profile
Special user
761 Posts

Profile of MoonRazor
Anybody having luck with the Lota Bucket that is out there. (Beach Bucket, Metal Pail)? thanks
sibbie
View Profile
Special user
East Coast
523 Posts

Profile of sibbie
Quote:
On 2008-09-16 09:46, MoonRazor wrote:
Anybody having luck with the Lota Bucket that is out there. (Beach Bucket, Metal Pail)? thanks

That is the one I have. I have not used it in a show yet but I personally like it.

PS- How many avatars can Mike have in one week? Smile
Wanlu
View Profile
Inner circle
Manila, Philippines
3058 Posts

Profile of Wanlu
Quote:
On 2008-09-16 20:24, sibbie wrote:
Quote:
On 2008-09-16 09:46, MoonRazor wrote:

PS- How many avatars can Mike have in one week? Smile

True Smile

But this is the best so far... Smile
"The Old Path"
www.angdatingdaan.org

Wanlu and his Puppets
Wanlu
View Profile
Inner circle
Manila, Philippines
3058 Posts

Profile of Wanlu
My Morrisey lota bowl broke last weekend...it suddenly started to leak. There was a crack underneath. It served me for more than 3 years, used without fail every weekend Smile

I'm getting a new one in Ebay Smile

Found one for $35 plus shipping...is that a reasonable rate?
"The Old Path"
www.angdatingdaan.org

Wanlu and his Puppets
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3617 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
Just bought the lota bucket (beach pail) and will put it in my show tomorrow (will also do it Saturday). I have a stuffed rabbit sitting on the pail, and plan on emptying it 4 times during the show. I'll let you know how it works out.

Jim

Posted: Sep 23, 2008 9:12pm
Did two shows over the weekend using the beach bucket lota - it went over exceedingly well! Halfway through the show the kids were yelling "check Flopsy, I think he peed again!" It was great! This is definitely a keeper in the show.

Jim
Powermagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1415 Posts

Profile of Powermagic
Does anyone know if Shermans or P&L ever had a side rings at the middle. I just picked one up that is not hallmarked and has side rings that the seller stated was original . He stated it was P&L but recall ever seeing decorative rings on the sides. IT surely looks like the P&L but I don't know if I have seen a Sherman in 30 years to recall what the differences were. Thoughts?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Lota Bowl Question (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL