The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Card warp? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

katocat
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of katocat
Hey All:
I have a question about the warp trick. I prefer letting an audience member choose the cards and then letting them sign the pass-through card. My question is does anyone have any suggestions for the best way to 'prepare' the card? I have trouble sleighting that part of the trick and prefer not to do it with a pre-'prepared' card.
Thanks for making us all better magicians!
-Kato-
JHNelson
View Profile
Regular user
Portland, Oregon
120 Posts

Profile of JHNelson
The only way I know how to do it is with a pre-prepared card. You can't really prepare it infront of an audience member. However if you look at Guy Hollingworths "The Reformation" found in his book "Drawingroom Deceptions" maybe you'll get an idea on how to do a signed card warp. Hope that helps. PM me if you need more info.
spatlind
View Profile
Special user
still moving
863 Posts

Profile of spatlind
The Reformation is a Torn and Restored Card, not a Card Warp Version. It is however a wonderful effect and well worth performing. It is also however, one of the most difficult things you may ever tackle! In answer to the original post, force the card. Not going to say anymore as would risk exposure of how the effect is achieved.
Scott
Actions lie louder than words - Carolyn Wells

I believe in God, only I spell it Nature - Frank Lloyd Wright.
jcards01
View Profile
Inner circle
Waterloo, IL
1438 Posts

Profile of jcards01
Card warp was intended to be done from scratch, unprepared. I don't get the problem.
Jimmy 'Cards' Molinari
www.jimmycards.com
NeoMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
I have...
2017 Posts

Profile of NeoMagic
See and download my latest free card-suits-themed desktop wallpaper | HERE
JHNelson
View Profile
Regular user
Portland, Oregon
120 Posts

Profile of JHNelson
I'm aware "The reformation" is a torn and restored effect. But since he was asking about how to have a signature on the card I thought the book would be a good resource. That's all. And all of the ways I've seen cardwarp needed a prepared card. But I am drawing my expirience from Ammar's card miracles DVD and Warp One. Is there a source for that? Thanks!
James
jcards01
View Profile
Inner circle
Waterloo, IL
1438 Posts

Profile of jcards01
I thought Roy Walton's original was done that way. Where the tear was done right under their noses.
Jimmy 'Cards' Molinari
www.jimmycards.com
ferraroj
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of ferraroj
If you doing this one on one. Then you can have the spectator follow as with one of the two cards. You put a fold in the spectator matches and the fold in the other direction. While the spectator is imitating you actions there should be enough misdirection to put the work in.

You can probably use one card to hide the other as put the work in.

I'm pretty certain I read a method where the cards started ungimmicked. Does anyone remember where this might be?
JHNelson
View Profile
Regular user
Portland, Oregon
120 Posts

Profile of JHNelson
I haven't read Roy Walton's effect. Shame on me. But misdirection is a good point. I would be afraid of the tearing sound. But I don't do card warp. If I was more comfortable doing it I'm sure I would have no problem setting it up. Smile
spatlind
View Profile
Special user
still moving
863 Posts

Profile of spatlind
Quote:
On 2008-05-09 13:27, JHNelson wrote:
I'm aware "The reformation" is a torn and restored effect. But since he was asking about how to have a signature on the card I thought the book would be a good resource. That's all. And all of the ways I've seen cardwarp needed a prepared card. But I am drawing my expirience from Ammar's card miracles DVD and Warp One. Is there a source for that? Thanks!
James

My bad, I just re-read your post and true, I misunderstood what you were conveying. And Drawing Room Deceptions is a wonderful book, one of the best. Cheers
Scott
Actions lie louder than words - Carolyn Wells

I believe in God, only I spell it Nature - Frank Lloyd Wright.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Card warp? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL