We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » "Masked Magician: The Series" rumor... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3250 Posts

Profile of gaddy
A friend of mine that works at KRON in SF just told me that FOX is developing an ongoing "Masked Magician" series...

My friend is not the most well informed person in the world, but he does hear a lot of TV scuttlebut.
Anyone hear anything else about this disturbing rumor?
*due to The Magic Cafe's editorial policies, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
Majestic12
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
643 Posts

Profile of Majestic12
That's cool, can't wait to see him with his new series.
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Wouldn't Val have promoted it in his recent Lecture Network interview?

Its most likely confusion about the constantly running older shows. I hear from someone everytime they air on FOX syndicates telling me there is a new show exposing illusions yet they are only reruns. It happened just yesterday.

Best,

Tim
Banester
View Profile
Special user
669 Posts

Profile of Banester
I find it sad that the Lecture Network let this guy on. Did anyone even bring up about the Fox series to him (not that it would have mattered to him)? Almost like saying you paid your dues now why don't you come on back. As a matter of fact, lets go down to the Magic Castle for a round of drinks on me.
The art of a magician is to create wonder.
If we live with a sense of wonder, our lives
become filled with joy
-Doug Henning-
Corey K
View Profile
Special user
Rhode Island
502 Posts

Profile of Corey K
Hmm.. interesting. They have been showing re-runs of the old specials on one of the channels. I can't think of the name of it at the moment, some affiliate of Fox.

I doubt Valentino would continue on with it. After all, now that we know who he is, there would be no reason for him to wear the mask, other than hiding his own shame in being involved with it.

I still laugh when I think about it. Other than a few decent illusions, the rest of what he 'exposed' was all crap anyways and so many people were in a huff about it. Now I'm curious to see if this will happen and what will be exposed this time..
Corey King
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3627 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
Hmm I think a on going seris would be bad. good stuff or not it cheapens everything we do
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Quote:
On 2008-05-10 11:45, Corey K wrote:

I doubt Valentino would continue on with it. After all, now that we know who he is, there would be no reason for him to wear the mask, other than hiding his own shame in being involved with it.

As stupid as it sounds Val has been doing exactly that for years. He does still wears the mask in appearances and plays up the big mystery part of it. What mystery? We were all saying it was Val immediately after the first show. LOL

After he outed himself on television he went to Japan and told everyone there, that nobody knew who he was. I hear he wore his mask on the Lecture Network ...whats up with that? Did he play up the mystery angle there as well? Did they call him Val or MM? Or both? Anyone see it?

I agree I'm disappointed that the Lecture Network gave Val even a second of airtime.

Best,

Tim
edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4698 Posts

Profile of edh
Here in Northern Calif. Channel 4 airs the Masked Magician re-runs every Wednesday.
Magic is a vanishing art.
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Quote:
On 2008-05-10 20:00, edh wrote:
Here in Northern Calif. Channel 4 airs the Masked Magician re-runs every Wednesday.

Me thinks me sees the confusion now. Thanks for the info.

Best,

Tim
ibm_usa
View Profile
Special user
In Your Mind, Ky, USA
722 Posts

Profile of ibm_usa
So when is everyone going to start a riot? let me know and I will meet you guys so we can storm FOX.

as the saying goes, stick it to them before they stick it you
"You may think that i only talk of things from the past, you know, history, well magic is history"

-Guy Jarrett

"Curiosity isn't a sin Harry, but it should be exorcised with great caution."

-Albus Dumbledore (Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire)
http://www.jordanallen-mentalist.webs.com/
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3080 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Quote:
On 2008-05-11 20:25, ibm_usa wrote:
So when is everyone going to start a riot?

The image of rioting magicians is wonderfully funny!
Corey K
View Profile
Special user
Rhode Island
502 Posts

Profile of Corey K
He still wears the mask?! Wow!! What a tool..
Corey King
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Quote:
On 2008-05-12 13:43, Corey K wrote:
He still wears the mask?! Wow!! What a tool..

As lame as it sounds it makes sense. He never went anywhere as Val so he has to milk the mask for all he can. The flak that MM recieved was about as high up the publicity ladder that Val will ever get. He wouldn't let go of it now no matter how old and small it is... its still more than his attempts at being a professional magician ever got him. He got fame as MM but its more like the Monica Lewinski type of fame. LOL

Best,

Tim
ibm_usa
View Profile
Special user
In Your Mind, Ky, USA
722 Posts

Profile of ibm_usa
Quote:
On 2008-05-10 16:50, Timothy Drake wrote:
Quote:
On 2008-05-10 11:45, Corey K wrote:

As stupid as it sounds Val has been doing exactly that for years. He does still wears the mask in appearances and plays up the big mystery part of it. What mystery? We were all saying it was Val immediately after the first show. LOL

After he outed himself on television he went to Japan and told everyone there, that nobody knew who he was. I hear he wore his mask on the Lecture Network ...whats up with that? Did he play up the mystery angle there as well? Did they call him Val or MM? Or both? Anyone see it?

I agree I'm disappointed that the Lecture Network gave Val even a second of airtime.

Best,

Tim

prehaps those running the lecture network was trying to trap him.. but even though he isn't much of one, but he is a magician none the less and he eluded capture a second time!
"You may think that i only talk of things from the past, you know, history, well magic is history"

-Guy Jarrett

"Curiosity isn't a sin Harry, but it should be exorcised with great caution."

-Albus Dumbledore (Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire)
http://www.jordanallen-mentalist.webs.com/
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17682 Posts

Profile of Slim King
So does he perform all "NEW" material, showing how the exposure has helped us all?
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Ace of Spades
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of Ace of Spades
I watched the lecture network interview and yes, he still wears the mask because it has become his character. He is touring as the Masked Magician. He has a graphic novel out and a movie that is coming out and he did mention the possibility of a TV show. He has certainly capitalized on this little endeavor. The interview itself was a hoax. Kozak filled in for Jeff Hobson. No tough questions. It was all lovey-dovey and actually came off as supporting his role in all this.
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2323 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
Booo!!! Hiss!!! Smile
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Quote:
On 2008-05-16 01:16, Brian Proctor wrote:
Booo!!! Hiss!!! Smile

Brian,

Don't sweat it. The MM comic book was a flop and the movie will never happen. Its all wishful thinking on Vals part at this time. Remember... this is the guy that was going to go out in the world ( after the exposure shows ended) and present all the new illusions he had invented. LOL!

Best,

Tim
JustinYoung
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of JustinYoung
This might just be because myTV is running a serialized version of the specials. No word on how they are doing in the ratings...
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Quote:
On 2008-05-16 17:22, JustinYoung wrote:
This might just be because myTV is running a serialized version of the specials. No word on how they are doing in the ratings...

The original show got worse ratings as the show progressed. Each week the audience went down hill. The final show had way to many " FOX promos" to fill the advertising space as they couldn't get enough sponsors for it. The first installment on Nov. 24 with 14.7 million viewers.The second show, which aired March 3, fell to 11.8 million viewers, and the third installment, on May 5, dropped to 7.9 million.

That was 10 years ago and these reruns only make it to air because FOX has no money in it now. The shows are free to show and pop up as filler on various FOX syndicates.

Best,

Tim
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » "Masked Magician: The Series" rumor... (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL