We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » A Raven's Fortune (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4176 Posts

Profile of bobser
Thankyou so much for Raven's Fortune Ravi. I performed it several times last night, both old and new versions, and simply loved the idea of putting the power into the mind and hands of a third party. Almost absolute proof as opposed to mere evidence that psychism is a matter of fact. I can only say I felt a little guilty since I knew the the 'wows' and applause should in reality have been for you sir. Thankyou so much for giving me this gift. I will nurture it, treasure it and use it well. Having guys like you about makes this place even better!

bobser
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
Kim
View Profile
Elite user
406 Posts

Profile of Kim
Ravi, are you still around?
ravi
View Profile
Elite user
Germany
413 Posts

Profile of ravi
It does not happen as much as it used to be but yes, still "on air".

:)

R.
I N D R I D C O L E

DEAD AnD GONE
Nicholas
View Profile
Special user
I predict that I now have
900 Posts

Profile of Nicholas
Ravi,
Do you have any other offerings on the horizon?
Nicholas
ravi
View Profile
Elite user
Germany
413 Posts

Profile of ravi
Hi there!

Thanks so much for your support. I have been very busy for a while and did not make it to the Café so often.

There is a time for performing and there is a time for gathering new insights.

For the first time now ( now that you ask!) I started asking myself why I had not done a book before. The best way to keep your stuff secret is to publish it. ;-)

So, I am in contact with some persons to see if they want to publish this stuff. I will let you know when things work out.

There will be only material from my personal close up mentalism walk around program in there.

An outline?

Here we go:

The first thing is my opener at tables. Banachek loves it but there has been no place for it in Psychological Subtleties 2. The concept in this routine is unique, totally different and highly visual ( attention getting) and led to the development of several strange routines.

The second thing is my pendulum routine. Andrew Gerard liked it very much and included a variation that I may use in athe book.

There are some other routines for consideration.

Here is a outline:

Kiss

Everytime you perform this you get a kiss from the spectator and you give a kiss to her. Perfect. I used to flirt a lot with this trick. Now I am married. ;-) It is very visual, entertaining and perfect for walk around.

Frog Tales

This is the only card trick where you can make the spectator cry. It is full of emotions, very romantic and different. It is a take a card effect but when the routine finishes, it is romance, laughter, the cards are not there anymore.

Youth
A very strange routine about childhood memeories that leaves the spectators with a strange souvenier of your performance

Mirror
My personal glass shattering effect. Without a glass! Smile

Your love
A very romantic routine about the spectators best love. One of the developments out of frog.

Palm leaf
A lot of wellknown people heard from it and loved it. This is the child that came out of Brainstorming with Jerome Finley, James Cheung, Enrique and others. It is so strong that he might hesitate performing it. You have a prediction and because you do not reveal it, the routine becomes so strong. A new concept. See the fear in the spectators eyes and think before performing it.

DEAD AnD GONE

Okay, just a few outlines. Let me hear from you.

Ravi
I N D R I D C O L E

DEAD AnD GONE
Nicholas
View Profile
Special user
I predict that I now have
900 Posts

Profile of Nicholas
Ravi,
Go for it! I liked Raven's Fortune a lot and would look forward to anything else you have to offer. Your outline sounds excellent.
Nicholas
Kim
View Profile
Elite user
406 Posts

Profile of Kim
Ravi,
Looking forword to it.
Kim
Jerome Finley
View Profile
V.I.P.
SLC
3419 Posts

Profile of Jerome Finley
Ravi,

Always good to see you posting here, my friend. Smile

Mr. Pazhur is one of my very favorite performer/creator's who chose NOT to release much of his brilliant, beautiful work.

From the 'Raven's Book of Lies' in Banachek's incredible PS2 to 'A Raven's Fortune' and other routines that have circulated among friends and peers, Ravi has tons and tons to offer the community. The scary thing is his work is ALL brilliant, deceptive, elegant, strong and a joy to perform.

Regarding his Palm Leaf routine I can only say if this DOES get tipped, those with access to it will benefit greatly. It's a marvel of perfect routining, a rock-solid premise and one KILLER effect. This is one of those things that would be rare to gain access to; not very often does someone tip such a strong piece of work straight from their current repertoire. I was honored to assist Ravi in the development and truth be told, it was 99.9% finished and PERFECT before I ever gave my two cents.

Personally I cannot wait for this book!

-Jerome Finley
"Join my update list here!" http://eepurl.com/uE3Jf
ravi
View Profile
Elite user
Germany
413 Posts

Profile of ravi
WOW. Thank you so much for your kind words.

But you all have to know that this is simply not true. Jerome and myself were discussing several things in very very long mails and I told him about this principle. The problem was that we could not find a commercial use/ routine for it. We brainstormed and it took years to come up with something performable. I had to take compromises but the result is not bad. Smile

If there had not been Jerome, I would be still running around daydreaming.

Thanks Jerome and all admiration to you.

Ravi
I N D R I D C O L E

DEAD AnD GONE
cpbartak
View Profile
Special user
Mooresville, NC
941 Posts

Profile of cpbartak
Ravi's upcoming book sounds very imaginative and intriguing. I'm definitely looking forward to updates on the project.
Some people hear voices.. Some see invisible people.. Others have no imagination whatsoever.
kambiz
View Profile
Inner circle
Perth, down by the cool of the pool
1129 Posts

Profile of kambiz
Any further news on this exciting release Ravi?
If I speak forth, many a mind will shatter,
And if I write, many a pen will break.
.....and when I consider my own self, lo, I find it coarser than clay!
ravi
View Profile
Elite user
Germany
413 Posts

Profile of ravi
Sometimes it takes a little time....

Peter Nardi has just sent a mail that he will go over my stuff and see if it would be something that can be published. HE has said that I will get his answer within a short time. Let´s see.

I am not sure but when I look at the back cover of Psychological Subtleties 3, I think that one more routine from me will be in that book. It is my opener at tables. Hope you guys like it.

I let you know as soon as I know more.

Thanks again for your nice comments and your support.

Ravi

DEADandGONE
I N D R I D C O L E

DEAD AnD GONE
David Thiel
View Profile
Inner circle
Western Canada...where all that oil is
3899 Posts

Profile of David Thiel
I have just taken time to review your outstanding pendulum routine, Ravi. I am new to pendulums and, frankly, was a litte intimidated by what I was getting into. Your routine was the perfect entry level.

It's practical, potentially hilarious -- and packed with "real world" punch that will leave them smiling.

There's original thinking, great suggestions and the underlying respect that bases itself in the assumption that every small nuance does not need to be spelled out. I really enjoyed reading it and I look forward to learning it.

Thank you for sending it to me. Very kind of you.

David
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except bears. Bears will kill you.

www.MindGemsBrainTrust.com
www.magicpendulums.com
www.MidnightMagicAndMentalism.com
kannon
View Profile
Inner circle
BCN
1025 Posts

Profile of kannon
Second that

It is a great piece that involves two spectator & gives them the credit. It also has an element of disarming humour - and this is one effect that will definitely go I into my pendulum repertoire - and if ever do release ur ebook Ravi let me know!

Cheers
My work and the Mtangulizi here http://kannonsworks.weebly.com featuring work on drawing duplications, a fiddle-free billet tear, bar mentalism, pendulums
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » A Raven's Fortune (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL