The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » The Grandmother of all Booktests by Edward Stein (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
dj
View Profile
Special user
944 Posts

Profile of dj
"The Grandmother of all Booktests" now also in English.
E. Stein´s "The Grandmother of all Booktests", it's brilliant.

miracle-makers.de
VIEW
View Profile
Special user
688 Posts

Profile of VIEW
Why is it brilliant?
dj
View Profile
Special user
944 Posts

Profile of dj
Quote:
Why is it brilliant?

The method it is used.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12232 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On 2008-05-11 16:38, dj wrote:
Quote:
Why is it brilliant?

The method it is used.

Oh.
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
VIEW
View Profile
Special user
688 Posts

Profile of VIEW
Yawn.
Floyd Collins
View Profile
Inner circle
Ohio
1633 Posts

Profile of Floyd Collins
"Now also in English", then why can't there web site be as well?
No one said it would be easy, or did they?

Check out my all new book "Chicken Scratches" visit my lulu store for more information.

http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/thecenterstage

http://www.collinscomedymagic.com
Jim-Callahan
View Profile
V.I.P.
5018 Posts

Profile of Jim-Callahan
Quote:
On 2008-05-11 16:38, dj wrote:
>>Why is it brilliant?<<

The method it is used.

Ok Slick, then let us know who you are were you perform & mayhap your website.
Or is that the Link you offered us?

J ack
H.O.A-X
“I can make Satan’s devils dance like fine gentlemen across the stage of reality”.
Arnon
View Profile
Inner circle
1320 Posts

Profile of Arnon
Here y'all go:

miracle-makers.de

Yahoo! Babel Fish translation
Quote:
Someone leafs and reads in a book and notes only one word from it. They look at humans and say to him in detail without any detours, that he thinks for the moment. Yes, they can call it accurately the word, which it noted! They read, the dream of each (English speaking) mentalists became true correctly. That is booked in its purest and most direct form! That is it, which was now always meant with the effect and one realised for the first time. The facts: They can present the effect alone and on all conceivable demonstrating conditions. It is forced nothing, asked nothing and noted nothing. The spectator opens the book up, where he wants, leafs and reads a little and notes finally a word, him pleases short: He selects really absolutely freely! They can stand thereby far far away, since it is absolutely not necessary, secretly any information to erspähen*. And despite and/or because of this uniquely cleanen and fair operational sequence you are to be presented in the position an almost unbelievable thought reading. They need nothing more, as the book. Their hands are completely empty at the entire demonstration. You will already control the demonstration after short time perfectly. Even someone this book possesses and it read, not the smallest doubt about will have that it is the genuine original. It can read even some sides and will confirm that it knows contents. The title is one of the most well-known detective stories of the world, 100%ig appearing genuine paperback with Coverprägung and original illustrations. World-wide exclusively, on 500 copies edition limited. Up to 01.07.08 to the subscription price of only 99, - EUR orderable. The wonderwork is available starting from 01.08.2008, then at the price of 150, - EUR

*Per Google Translate, "erspähen" means
1.espy
2.catch sight of, spot

Perhaps DerZauberer/George, Malchat/Matthew, Bill Palmer or another German-speaking Café member can clean up the above raw translation. Smile

Here's my own polished version, using Google Translator along with Yahoo! Babel Fish. I invite a German speaker to check it for accuracy:
Quote:
Someone leafs through a book, and then reads and remembers a single word in it. You can tell him without any fishing what the word was that he thought of at that moment. Yes, you can state exactly what the word was that had been noted!

You have read correctly - the dream of every (English speaking) Mentalist is now a reality. This is the book test in its purest and most direct form! This is what the effect was always meant to be, and has become a reality for the first time.

The facts:

You can perform the effect alone and under all conceivable demonstrating conditions present.

Nothing is forced, nothing is asked and nothing is written down.

The spectator opens the book up where he wants, leafs through and reads a little and finally notes a word which he likes. In short: His selection is really absolutely free!

You can stand far away because it is not necessary to glimpse any secret information. And despite or because of this unique clean and fair procedure, even under these almost unbelievable conditions you are able to announce the word read by them.

You need nothing more than the book. Your hands are completely empty during the whole demonstration, which you will have perfectly mastered after a short time.

Even if someone owns a copy of this book and has read it, there is not the slightest doubt that this book is the true original. He can even read a few pages and will confirm that he recognizes the contents. The title is one of the most famous mysteries in the world, 100% authentic published paperback book with embossed cover and original illustrations. World-wide exclusive, limited edition of 500 copies.

I especially invite dj, the opening poster, to proofread this also and verify its accuracy. dj's additional comments are also invited.

Arnon
g0thike
View Profile
Special user
722 Posts

Profile of g0thike
Sounds like the Harry Potter book test.
kriskraze
View Profile
Special user
620 Posts

Profile of kriskraze
What a load of tosh.

Can it make you fly too?
ravi
View Profile
Elite user
Germany
413 Posts

Profile of ravi
The beginning of this thread might be a little funny but Edward Stein produces High Quality tricks. Ted Lesley has made use of many things from Edward Stein.

He is a small magicshop and produces his tricks in small quantities. I have one other booktest from him and it is excellent. I cannot say anything about this booktest and I do not know either what the difference to the Ted Karmilowitch booktest might be.

Ravi
I N D R I D C O L E

DEAD AnD GONE
Hogle
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
133 Posts

Profile of Hogle
"The Grandmother of all Booktests" is a brillant booktest.
I do not know so many english language booktests, but I venture to doubt that there are many better versions on the market.
E. Stein did an excellent job and I use "Grandmother 1 + 2" with great success.

Greetings from germany
Daniel
Arnon
View Profile
Inner circle
1320 Posts

Profile of Arnon
Quote:
On 2008-05-12 05:16, ravi wrote:
I have one other booktest from him and it is excellent. I cannot say anything about this booktest and I do not know either what the difference to the Ted Karmilowitch booktest might be.

Ravi

Quote:
On 2008-05-12 06:04, Hogle wrote:
"The Grandmother of all Booktests" is a brillant booktest.
I do not know so many english language booktests, but I venture to doubt that there are many better versions on the market.
E. Stein did an excellent job and I use "Grandmother 1 + 2" with great success.

Greetings from germany
Daniel

Ravi and Daniel:

Since you both live in Germany and presumably speak the language, is my English description of the booktest an accurate translation of the ad in German?
(If you confirm this, then at least we have an accurate description of what the booktest is being advertised to enable us to do.)
ravi
View Profile
Elite user
Germany
413 Posts

Profile of ravi
I think, your description or translation is good and accurate.

I do not own this special booktest but I have heard nothing but good things about Stein. The older booktest , I own is pretty good too and if it comes up on German ebay, It gets very high bids. Ted Lesley has also beeen very happy with the products of E. Stein.

Ravi
I N D R I D C O L E

DEAD AnD GONE
james1a
View Profile
Loyal user
202 Posts

Profile of james1a
I find it interesting, how quickly one post develops a certain 'feel' in the responses, for no clear reason I can ever see. Its just life.
james1a
CinChiller
View Profile
Elite user
Germany
404 Posts

Profile of CinChiller
Quote:
On 2008-05-12 04:12, kriskraze wrote:
What a load of tosh.

Can it make you fly too?

It´s not!! And yes, some spectators will take off after that effect. Smile

I´m also a proud owner of both "grandmothers" (there are existing 2 german versions) and they are without any doubt the best and cleanest book tests I ever saw and I know many booktests, also in english.

The principle is different to the M.O.B.T.
Better? May be, because you don´t have to ask for any l.....s. And this is what I prefer and what I like so much. You recieve pictures not letters!! It´s a very important point in my opinion, if you reveal some unemotional letters or a simple word or if you recieve pictures.
You can give the book to any spectator without having bad feelings, because the spectator won´t reveal any secret. The "preparation" is so good that my mother read about 30 pages of this book by mistake, before she stopped reading because she was bored by the content. But she didn´t realized the secret.
For everybody who loves booktests, this book is a MUST HAVE. Highly recommended.

The only con is: It´s too low priced.
The Gaff Book Collection - the right tool for your booktest.
Music for mentalism and psychic entertainment.
Visit: http://stores.lulu.com/dankworth01
Stefan S.
View Profile
Loyal user
235 Posts

Profile of Stefan S.
Hi there, I do own the booktest, of course the german version. I made a small correction to your translation.

Someone leafs through a book, and then reads and remembers a single word in it. You can tell them without any detour what they are thinking of. Yes, you can state exactly what the word was that had been noted!

Otherwise the booktest is great I do use it all the time, but it does take a certain nack to perfom and in the begining you might run into some problems. The instructions are clear, but I do not know how the english ones will be?

Cheers,

Stefan
kriskraze
View Profile
Special user
620 Posts

Profile of kriskraze
Stefan... your description doesn't mention the pictures.
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
2559 Posts

Profile of NeilS
I was interested to see the high praise from German mentalists but has anybody not from Germany actually read the instructions, seen the book or tried out the test?

I am sure it is of high standard but I am just wondering about the quality of translation and whether the force book is in good English.
Hogle
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
133 Posts

Profile of Hogle
Quote:
On 2008-05-14 14:23, NeilS wrote:
I am sure it is of high standard but I am just wondering about the quality of translation and whether the force book is in good English.

E. Stein doesn't do things by halves, so I'm pretty sure the translation is of high quality! But -of course- I don't really know that. I only suppose so.

Greetings from Germany
Daniel
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » The Grandmother of all Booktests by Edward Stein (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL