The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Dinosaur packet trick (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

samuelslaven
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of samuelslaven
Does anyone remember or know of a particular packet trick that involved 4 or 5 cards with dinosaurs printed on them? The set I have has a father stegosaurus with a baby stegosaurus on the back, a mother stegosaurus with a regular bike back, a T-rex with a bike back, a T-rex saying, "BURP" with a bike back. I said 4 or 5 cards because I found a blank face with a bike back with the other 4 cards, but I don't know if the blank goes with the packet trick?

I don't have any idea as to the intended effect or the patter. Any thoughts?
BillyTheSquid
View Profile
Veteran user
My bamboo hut's supported on
331 Posts

Profile of BillyTheSquid
Odd stuff there. I don't know the effect originally, but maybe something like this could be used?

Mother & Father steg have to keep either side of the baby steg. As long as they do, the T Rex goes hungry. If the baby is accidently moved from between the Mother & Father steg, the T Rex's stomach is filled and the baby steg card is not found in the pack. The blank back could hide the baby side of the father / baby card when it's feeding time.

This is thinking off the top of my head how I'd begin to build an effect and patter around it.

Hope this helps somewhat.

Cheers,
Matt
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4395 Posts

Profile of Paul
Obviously the T-Rex eats the baby Steg. leaving the blank card behind, and is then seen burping. Probably a packet effect released after Jurassic Park.

Method? I would guess similar to Emerson and West's "Gourmet Mouse"/Nick Trost's "Star Wars" card trick/my own "Dragon Tale" due for release later this summer.

Paul.
swamy
View Profile
Regular user
INDIA
151 Posts

Profile of swamy
A variation of the plot "Predator and the Prey" :
Display four cards representing Fox, Cock, Chick and the Hen, This is followed with a disappearance of a card.Something is wrong. When displayed the audience will see Cock, Hen and a Fox who has eaten the chick.

Another variation
Display four cards representing Fox, Cock, Food and the Hen, This is followed with a disappearance of the food(card going blank) and the Fox who has eaten the food.

The diasappearance in both the above effects has been represented differently.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Dinosaur packet trick (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL