The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Lamp Chimney Pull (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ChrisPilsworth
View Profile
New user
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
64 Posts

Profile of ChrisPilsworth
Hi Everyone,

I'm planning on putting the lamp chimney silk vanish in my show. Currently I'm looking at pulls that different magicians have used. Does anyone know if John Carney has published his work on the trick? I would also like to know if there is anything published on the Ken Brooke routine. I look forward to your replies.

Cheers,
Chris Pilsworth
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22055 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
John Carney made and sold an Al Baker pull at his lectures. Email him and ask if he would sell. It was like $30 for the pull and the notes were extra.

Ken Brooke did not have a pull to my knowledge. He did publish his Color Changing silk routine, his handling for the serpent silk with reel. Nothing for the silk vanish from a tube.

Space Silks by Mak Magic is a similar trick.
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
Saw the Carney lecture a couple of months ago, and that is still in his lecture.
Illusionist, Illusionist consulting, product development, stage consultant, seasoned performer for over 35 years. Specializing in original effects. Highly opinionated, usually correct, and not afraid of jealous critics. I've been a puppet, a pirate, a pawn and a King. Free lance gynecologist.
Shane Baker
View Profile
New user
10 years and I've made a measly
80 Posts

Profile of Shane Baker
Hi Bill,

Do you know offhand where Brooke published his Serpent Silk with reel routine?

Thanks,

Shane
tedski
View Profile
Special user
New Jersey
786 Posts

Profile of tedski
Carney's book of secrets...o.o.p.- go to his website and add your name to the waiting list. If you can't wait it is on one of his DVDS of the same name.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20494 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Go to WalMart and get the travel size Head and Shoulders shampoo. Use the bottle!

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
brody
View Profile
Inner circle
Omaha
1313 Posts

Profile of brody
The Faucett Ross book explains making one. Very simple.
bojanbarisic
View Profile
Elite user
Croatia
459 Posts

Profile of bojanbarisic
Chris,
John Carney published "John Carney presents Al Baker`s Lightning pull " 15 A4 pages notes. There are some references, pull, hooking up, tips, release position, threading the loop, vanish from the hands, visible vanish from the glass, slow motion vanish, instant color change. Very good notes on Baker`s pull.

Best,
Bojan
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7380 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
I once made a Zimmerman pull, which is a pretty cool thing. There's a p***** as a part of the unit. You can do a lamp chimney vanish with it. Dick Zimmerman teaches this in some of his lectures.

- Donald

P.S. Mods - Please edit my post if I have revealed too much on the open forum. Thanks.
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Lamp Chimney Pull (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL