The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Zenneth Kok In Manila (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4375 Posts

Profile of rannie
Zenneth Kok will be lecturing in Manila on the 24th of May, 2008
It will be at the Tri Place Hotel in Q.C.

Zenneth is one of the best cardmen I have seen and worked with. I am truly excited to bring him to Manila.

For inquiries kindly PM me!

Rannie Raymundo
"If you can't teach an old dog new tricks, trick the old dog to learn."

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
Steven Leung
View Profile
Inner circle
found the Magic Rainbow after
1614 Posts

Profile of Steven Leung
Please take good care of Zenneth for us, Rannie. You are the BOSS!!!
Most memorable moment - with Maestro Juan Tamariz & Consuelo Lorgia in FISM Busan 2018.

"Being fooled by a trick doesn't always mean they are having a good time" - Homer Liwag

https://hhpresents.com/
https://www.glitchstudiohk.com/
caligari
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of caligari
Hung out with Zenneth last night. We were all killed! Zenneth rocks!
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4375 Posts

Profile of rannie
Zenneth was simply amazing. The world needs to see more of Zenneth. We were very lucky to have him in Manila. The lecture was high powered. Zenneth performed his act then explained his thoughts on routining. Something that most lecturer take for granted. It was truly refreshing to learn how he puts together an act. Most workers just do their miracles in an unstructured manner.

All bases were covered. From props management, to strategies like having a back up plan etc. Zenneth also discussed his thoughts on when to do revelations aside from the standard climax.

The knucklebusters card freaks were also treated to some original moves that are original to Zenneth. Zenneth was kind enough to show me the work on the cleanest control I have seen to date. I will not give details but let me tell you that no matter how you burn his hands....you wont see a move.

There was one item on his lecture notes that I begged him to remove. IT was that good. Two of his special moves alone was worth the prce to bringing him to Manila. The Manila cardmen will be loaded with stuff to last them a year or so.

I really think Zenneth should lecture around the world more. Yes.... Zenneth is one of my close friends in Maggic...but with that aside...I'd say he is one of the top 3 I have seen live that really amazed me.

Thaks for coming over Zenneth and I certainly hope to work with you again hopefully in a joint lecture somewhere.

Oh.... I must add that it gave me great pleasure to see Zenneth do a coin trick. that's right folks....a coin trick from Zenneth. I love the patter, the play with names and words.... as well as the moves. I was fooled myself. Its great to be fooled by a distinguished colleague.

Rannie Raymundo
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
ronstoppable
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of ronstoppable
Zenneth Kok is UNBELIEVABLE!!

though I came in late, the effects I saw were nothing less than extra-ordinary...
I also had a chance to hang out with him yesterday and discuss a few things about magic...

Zenneth, your kung fu is strong.
caligari
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of caligari
Zenneth came to Manila and blew everyone away!

Everything was absolutely magical! The effects he taught were real workers and his insights on routining were priceless. Zenneth brought his personality to the magic and everything was really unbelievable.

More people should definitely get the chance to see him do magic live! The guy's also absolutely humble to boot!

I'd just like to share that all the proceeds from his lecture notes, A-list Materials, are going to the victims of the Sichuan earthquake. It is a great cause and it would be great if we could help by getting the notes.
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4375 Posts

Profile of rannie
Zenneth is a true gentleman of magic and a true artist. He is now getting the recognition he so deserve but behind the amazing sleights and the strong magic is a man who is dedicated to the art of magic. We spent the last few hours before Zen's flight back to Hong Kong talking about the deeper aspects of magic. Why magic works, why we do magic and our real purpose for doing it. It was indeed a wonderful conversation that ought to be written up in a book someday. Our philosophies in magic are very similar and the same thing goes with the direction we want to take it to. Later we even discussed about some magic principles that are not commonly found or even never found in books. Perhaps we can discuss that at another thread. Zen would remember it. Its about using discrepancy and why this feared flaw can sometimes be used.

What struck me the most about our lecturer is his great heart. It is far and few in between that we find people who are so selfless. Zenneth's deep concern for his fellow men is something to be admired indeed.
The man definitely walks the talk.

Thank you for being a great example on how magicians should be and more importantly how we should be as human beings.

The world is ready to see more of the extraordinary Zenneth Kok!

I am honored to be you colleague and friend Zen!

Rannie

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
Zenneth
View Profile
Regular user
China - Hong Kong
135 Posts

Profile of Zenneth
Rannie and everyone,

From the bottom of my heart, thank you so much for the great hospitality, enthusiastic responses, the keen donation and now the compliment.

I must say this has been the most unique tour that I have ever had.

One hand, the boys at the lecture have the real passion to learn instead of seeing it merely as a show/performance, and they are all determined to perfect their craft, I was most impressed with their passion and attitude.

On the other hand, I was deeply saddened by the earthquake in my country which taken away more than 67000 lives. I have been watching the earthquake related news during the few nights in the hotel room, and I could hardly fall into sleep.
How much I wish I could possess the real magic to help out the victims, naturally, the question of the real purpose of doing magic comes to me.

Rannie, seeing my sadness, took me to a little bar where he would jam with his musician friends. With Rannie's incredible music, I was capable of stepping out of the sadness for awhile. He then told me, the purpose of doing magic and music is exactly the same, as a human being, we have too many problems, too much pressure and suffer to deal with everyday. However, with the power of magic or music, if he could only make one person to step out from that saddened state of mind and think positive again, that would be the most incredible miracle he could ever accomplish.

Rannie offered the venue, facilities for me to make the demonstration video of the charity sale, he then edited the video, and he is also going to offer a new routine for the charity sale, and he'll even donate the sales of his DVD -- Hand Size Doesn't Matter to the earthquake victims.

Talk about humbleness, Rannie is a very famous singer and actor in Philipine, I witnessed it, and I even feel that I was given a short celebrity status when I hang out with him in Manila, but he never make anything out of it.

Rannie, I am really proud of myself of having you as a friend. Thank you again for your inspirations and your keen support to the donation to the earthquake victims.

Thank you!

Zenneth
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Zenneth Kok In Manila (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL