The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Serious student seeks qualified teacher in or around Arizona (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Fitz
View Profile
Elite user
Phoenix, AZ
476 Posts

Profile of Fitz
First things first, this is not meant to start an argument in any way.

There is an act I would really like to learn, and I have been doing research on it for about five years now. I still don’t do the act… On numerous occasions I have talked with respected performers (a few of them will read this) that perform the act and I always get the same, “don’t do it its not worth it” speech, but nothing more.

I have also had my fair share of people that have “read it in a book” and have been “doing it for a few months now with no problems”. These are the people that share the most. (I’m not saying its right nor have I done the act because of them.) I’m sure once I know the act I will also discourage the curious from performing the act them selves.

I am convinced I know the technique

I have talked with a legitimate doctor about the act and am convinced that I know and understand the outcome of the act.

I have read about it in books

I have talked to everyone I could about this act, and yet still no one “respected” or known as an “expert” has taught me the act.

Knowing all of this, being convinced that I know everything I could know about the act (without doing it) I am also still CONVINCED that I should learn it from someone who really does know what they are doing.

If you are still reading this you probably know the act. I want to eat glass. I am a serious student in Arizona looking for an “expert” or “respected” performer that is willing to teach me this act. If you are interested please PM me. I do have some original performance ideas for the act so I will not be a clone of anyone.

Sincerely,
John Fitzsimmons
a.k.a. Fitz

Below you will find a brief bio from my MySpace page.

I have been performing magic for over 15 years now after seeing an amazing card trick. About 9 years ago I met a sideshow performer (Harley Newman) while I was performing at a convention called Weered weekend. He showed me some amazing things anyone could do if they just took the time to learn how. I love to create and perform both illusions and realities. I have also been involved in the audiovisual industry for nearly a decade. This has allowed me to learn lighting, sound, video production, and even pyrotechnics. When I’m not out performing or blowing stuff up I’m at home with my beautiful fiancé (Kelley) and our spunky little dog (Hotai).
I have a daily web show all about magic at http://FitzMagic.info
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5111 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
John, some things you can learn easily, and some require expert instruction. Glass-eating is one of the latter. If you want to learn it, you'll probably have to travel.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
Addy
View Profile
Loyal user
NY
243 Posts

Profile of Addy
Because of the dangers involved, it's not something we teach at Sideshow School.
Fitz
View Profile
Elite user
Phoenix, AZ
476 Posts

Profile of Fitz
Hi guys,

Thanks for your response, Harley is this something you would teach? If so will you be teaching it in June?

Fitz
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5111 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
I know the details of it, but don't do it myself.

I won't teach any advanced skill, without pretty good knowledge of the person to whom I'm teaching it. It's not on my class agenda.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
Fitz
View Profile
Elite user
Phoenix, AZ
476 Posts

Profile of Fitz
Harley I understand why you wouldn't teach advanced skill to a student you don't really know. I also know some of the experts probably would have shared more had we been able to spend more time together. Thanks for your input and one day I will seek your expertise when I work on the sword ladder, but that's down the road (if ever) for me.

Still looking for a teacher... anyone in California, or Vegas?

Thank you,
Fitz
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell because I've made
2589 Posts

Profile of thegreatnippulini
Book a roud trip flight and hotel room for Red Stuart to come to Cali. Pay him to show you how it's done.

Amazing how a man with 5 teeth left can show you how to eat lightbulbs.
The Great Nippulini: body piercer, Guinness World Record holder, blacksmith and man with The World's Strongest Nipples! Does the WORLD care? We shall see...
http://www.greatnippulini.com
ReggieB
View Profile
Regular user
Philadelphia, PA, USA
183 Posts

Profile of ReggieB
Ha!
Danny Borneo
View Profile
Special user
722 Posts

Profile of Danny Borneo
One show of ours Red was eating Jujifruits which I found even more amazing.
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5111 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
Eeeeew! That's disgusting!

www.bladewalker.com
ReggieB
View Profile
Regular user
Philadelphia, PA, USA
183 Posts

Profile of ReggieB
Red has skillz
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
2589 Posts

Yes he does, but watching him eat makes for a perfect appetite supressant
The Great Nippulini: body piercer, Guinness World Record holder, blacksmith and man with The World's Strongest Nipples! Does the WORLD care? We shall see...
Danny Borneo
View Profile
Special user
722 Posts

Profile of Danny Borneo
I told my wife the chicken story and she lost it Nipps.
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
2589 Posts

Ah yes... the glomming geek story. Hey Fitz, while your at it, learn that one too.
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4445 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Mmm glass .......

Kondini taught me to glass walk a few months back ....... he laso suggested eating some glass" during the glass wlaking act. So I listend and I put it in the act and it kills his way...... that is without killing or hurting (we are talking risk free)......

.... you do NOT want to pay me for a round trip to you to teach you ........ Smile (BTW that is not reverse psycology! NO really its not!)

also you don't want to learn this method - well at least I don't think you do. Smile
Freak Prodigy
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC & LA
1805 Posts

Profile of Freak Prodigy
Quote:
On 2008-05-15 09:43, Danny Borneo wrote:
One show of ours Red was eating Jujifruits which I found even more amazing.

Haaaaa!
Blog:
http://www.bloudermilk.blogspot.com
View Profile
Special user
722 Posts

Profile of Danny Borneo
Quote:
On 2008-05-15 12:54, thegreatnippulini wrote:
Ah yes... the glomming geek story. Hey Fitz, while your at it, learn that one too.

Nononononono, not that, she's heard that one before. The sixfootmaneatingchicken story and the attack by the rare Kensington Double Tooth Shark that was circling during the show.
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
2589 Posts

LOL!!!! THAT one.. okay... the man was drooling the second he saw the KFC bucket.
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3612 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Knowing how and being able to are a lifetime appart.
I use two methods and defy anyone to expose either,,,,one is 100% safe the other,,,well work out the dangers and consider if the fee warrants !!

Ken
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4445 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
My lips are sealed.......

cus I tried it and cut my mouth up real bad and have had to have my lips sewn up.... Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Serious student seeks qualified teacher in or around Arizona (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL