The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Fake hypnosis? No, fake mentalism! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ipe
View Profile
Special user
515 Posts

Profile of ipe
Hi everybody.

I have often heard about fake hypnosis (or pseudo-hypnosis), but what about fake mentalism? Is it possible to hypnotize someone and convince him you can read his mind or predict his action?

Thank you
What would a real mindreader do?
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Yes
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Anthony Jacquin
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2220 Posts

Profile of Anthony Jacquin
Anthony Jacquin

Reality is Plastic! The Art of Impromptu Hypnosis
Updated for 2016

Now on Kindle and Audible!
ipe
View Profile
Special user
515 Posts

Profile of ipe
Quote:
On 2008-05-16 02:23, Anthony Jacquin wrote:
Yes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSsqVb8wLfM[/quote]

Great Anthony! This fake mentalism is the most real mentalism that I have ever seen Smile

And so, we can simulate every psychic phenomena with the best approximation to the real thing...
Jay Elf
View Profile
Elite user
466 Posts

Profile of Jay Elf
Quote:
On 2008-05-16 02:23, Anthony Jacquin wrote:
Yes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSsqVb8wLfM

Is this a hypnosis act?
hypnoivan
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of hypnoivan
The thing I love doing - is giving someone the suggestion that upon wakening they will find that every question they answer - they will forget immediately that they gave the answer, and that the question was even asked!.
You then just do stuff like ask them their earliest childhood memory - the second they give the answer, you say 'check it out - think of your earliest childhood memory, and I'm going to read your mind'. You tell them what they told you just a moment earliest , and they are speachless!
Likewise with other questions like name of first crush - favourite school teacher etc etc.
ipe
View Profile
Special user
515 Posts

Profile of ipe
Quote:
On 2008-05-18 16:57, hypnoivan wrote:
The thing I love doing - is giving someone the suggestion that upon wakening they will find that every question they answer - they will forget immediately that they gave the answer, and that the question was even asked!.

As I told earlier this is the Holy Grail for mentalists. Why do so few mentalits do that?

Can you suggest that every answer you give to his personal questions will be right?
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4179 Posts

Profile of bobser
Yeah and always look out for trick questions.
I was in my local B&Q garden store today. As I was leaving this elderly guy, dressed in black and with an orange apron and a name tag saying: 'Happy to Help', limped up to me and asked me if I wanted decking.
I hit him hard on the side of the face and he fell, not moving.
So, all I'm saying is "look out for these tricksters".
Bobser.
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
ipe
View Profile
Special user
515 Posts

Profile of ipe
°_°
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Fake hypnosis? No, fake mentalism! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL