The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Review of Psyche dvd by Andrew Gerard wanted (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
strollingmagician
View Profile
Loyal user
285 Posts

Profile of strollingmagician
Anyone seen this coin bending dvd yet?
thanks.
RWhit
View Profile
Regular user
151 Posts

Profile of RWhit
Tim Trono posted this a while back.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=111

I have some of Mr.Gerard other effects, Accuracy, Key Accessory. and they are staples in my work, so I can't wait to see this ! just ordered it.

Plus if Tim Trono says its Great, that's good enough for me!

Richard
music
View Profile
Special user
627 Posts

Profile of music
Any reviews on this ?
Nicodemus
View Profile
Special user
644 Posts

Profile of Nicodemus
RWhit.. please.. post your thoughts.. I am very interested in this and appreciate to read your review... thanks.

- Nicodemus
" Res Non Verba "

" Deeds Not Words "
RWhit
View Profile
Regular user
151 Posts

Profile of RWhit
Well I was just sitting down, recovering from watching psyche.
This is the BEST!

I started to smile, then laughing out loud watching this.... M
My girlfriend thinks I am NUTS. hahahh

5 stars on this one.
You will see why its called psyche when you get it.

Richard
wallmott
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of wallmott
Could someone tell us what is different with this coin bend from others?

I think I have or have seen every coin bend on the market and they are almost all the same.
VcosNJ
View Profile
Inner circle
1179 Posts

Profile of VcosNJ
Check out Jamie D Grant's review on this. Top praise so far.
RWhit
View Profile
Regular user
151 Posts

Profile of RWhit
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3225 Posts

Profile of lunatik
I have the Quantum Bender 2.o Why do I need this? I already have a miracle in my pocket....
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
Al Straker
View Profile
Grammar Host
Australia
1130 Posts

Profile of Al Straker
Because there is a lot more to bending than simply applying a force in a secret way...
Al Straker
Resident Mystery Entertainer at Multiple Venues
Music & Mentalism Specialty Act 'Completely Mental'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyGhApqnG7I

(Old clip, show has changed quite a bit since then!)

Jazz & Contemporary Musician/Composer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnN3JNmeKns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sU_zfOvpneA
A.G.
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver- Canada
960 Posts

Profile of A.G.
Quote:
On 2008-05-23 03:13, Al Straker wrote:
Because there is a lot more to bending than simply applying a force in a secret way...

WOW !! wise words from a man that knows the truth about metal bending ! fantastic

Andrew Gerard
Well then...
Branden Darcel
View Profile
New user
Colorado Springs, CO
72 Posts

Profile of Branden Darcel
Quote:

I don't think lunatik said there wasn't. he asked a simple question and you jump to a conclusion that makes no sense. please give an educated response, thank you.
Branden Darcel
Mental Illusionist
John T. Sheets
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, USA
1105 Posts

Profile of John T. Sheets
Hello,

I have watched "psyche". It looks like Mr. Gerard has some really good ideas. As Tim Trono pointed out, the information on the "psyche" DVD could be used in combination with other benders, as well as with the QB2. I agree with Mr. Trono.
I would also like to congratulate Mr. Gerard on a job well done.

In response to my video,
The QB2 video shows just a basic routine. I decided to show the most basic routine, leaving the rest for the DVD. There will be a ton of stuff on the DVD.
Also, I did included the "work" onto the trailer video (unlike other videos). I did not want to be deceptive with those who might be interested in it. I also knew that everyone here would see the "work", as it was intended to show an example of how easy it is to use and operate.

Again, congrats to Mr Gerard on a job well done.
www.johnTsheets.com

See the "Quantum Bender 3.0" trailer here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkTVw9FjonE

See my Dove Act here... https://youtu.be/Ms7_u46Qpp0

See the "Energy Bender" trailer here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpJOfL0k8xA

See the "Table of Death" in Las Vegas trailer here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YivizLAKD7I
A.G.
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver- Canada
960 Posts

Profile of A.G.
John, Thanks you for your thoughtful words on PSYCHE.

Qb is a fantastic tool.

Andrew Gerard
Well then...
Chris K
View Profile
Inner circle
2544 Posts

Profile of Chris K
Quote:
On 2008-05-27 20:23, Branden Darcel wrote:
Quote:

I don't think lunatik said there wasn't. he asked a simple question and you jump to a conclusion that makes no sense. please give an educated response, thank you.

Wow. The ignorant asking the wise to give educated responses. Branden, I would be curious:

1.) What your background is to call Al Straker ignorant, I mean, do you even know who any of these people are?

2.) If you actually read the posts and have any understanding, you will realize that Al Straker's post is more accurate, to the point, and educated than you can understand.

In regards to #2, I will try to dumb it down a bit for you though. A gimmick is not an effect. PERIOD. To say I have a gimmick to bend coins in my pocket is completely meaningless. The contents of your pocket are irrelevant to the strength of your effects. You can carry cards (even a marked, shaved, stacked deck) around and not be able to do a single, good trick, right? Now, even further than that, and getting back to Al's post, metal bending is all about how you present it. New presentation strategies can make one effect into a completely different one.

I'll name a couple of these non-"bending" effects, which I happen to doubt you know anything about, but you can "educate" us if you do.

Lior Manor's Mobile Opener
Patrick Redford's Photo Reading
PK Touches

So, please, "educate" us all.

Lem
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3225 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Lem,

You apparently need to be educated on how to understand a post. Al Straker made the ignorant comment that "Because there is a lot more to bending than simply applying a force in a secret way..." Did anyone in this thread say there wasn't? I didn't think so. And for your post, you need to read and understand that NO ONE said the gimmick was an effect. DUH!! When I said I had a gimmick in my back pocket, I didn't think I had to fully explain my routine to everyone. I didn't know I was talking to someone with very little comprehension skills and is in need of being "Educated". So....for your "Education" I know how to routine a coin bend very well, thank you. Now that you have been "Educated", I hope you don't jump to anymore needless conclusions. Thank you for your time.
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3777 Posts

Profile of takeachance
I thought it was a good answer to your question, I don't understand why you think it was an ignorant answer? but hey! it seems you guys are getting hot under the collar over nothin!
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3225 Posts

Profile of lunatik
I guess I got irritated because it was assumming that I didn't have a routine for my QB2. I'm sure Psyche is an awesome product which would help anyone who does coin bending. But that's not to say that I do not know how to present a coin bend. I think I know where the problem lies......these are mentalists replying to my post. Mentalists usually are more descriptive in their posts compared to most magicians. My post was as bare bones as it gets, while others posted in great detail. Maybe we're both 'educated' now? Smile
fridoliina89
View Profile
Special user
503 Posts

Profile of fridoliina89
Does Andrew Gerard teach you the sleights/moves needed to perform this effect? I have no experience with coin magic at all.
A.G.
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver- Canada
960 Posts

Profile of A.G.
Hi, All the details of PSYCHE are taught on the dvd.. this includes every move needed to do the routine.

Glad to hear so many have found that PSYCHE works well for them...its a routine I still use everyday.

all the best,
Andrew Gerard
Well then...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Review of Psyche dvd by Andrew Gerard wanted (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL