The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Need some suggestions... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

rickmagic1
View Profile
Inner circle
MIddle Tennessee area
1546 Posts

Profile of rickmagic1
I am working on a Benson Bowl routine and I'm having trouble coming up with a method for my ending. In the end of the routine, when you lift the bowl to show the "final load", I want to produce rice...a full bowl of rice. I'm not using a gimmicked bowl, just a regular Japanese design rice bowl. I don't wish to switch out the bowl (having a second one behind the table that's full), I'd prefer to just have some way to load the "upside-down" bowl at the edge of the table like normal.

Any thoughts?

Rick
Richard Green
The Modern Conjurer

Coming soon:
Victorian Secrets: An Evening With The Spirits!
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4375 Posts

Profile of rannie
Rick,

If you check out John Mendoza's DVD there is method that could be adopted to your dream final load. Not quite the same item (rice) but I believe it is applicable.

Rannie
"If you can't teach an old dog new tricks, trick the old dog to learn."

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
djkuttdecks
View Profile
Special user
Portland
662 Posts

Profile of djkuttdecks
With the price of rice... never mind. I'd like to see the routine sometime!
-DJ
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Without knowing how you work... standing, surrounded, etc. it would be difficult to offer a way. You might want to make a paper mache mold of the inside of the bowl (giing you a cardboard bowl). then fill it with rice and cover it with papr (glued on??) Load it... hold bowl up and tear the hpaper letting the rice fall to the table. I used a drumhead tube lodere that fit in a chop cup filled with rice and had flashpaper cover. A lit candle (that was already lit) was on the table and I passed the cup over the candle and a flash of fire and the rice flowed out.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
marty.sasaki
View Profile
Inner circle
1117 Posts

Profile of marty.sasaki
Although relatively unknown outside of Japanese neighborhoods, many folks eat rice balls, which are what they sound like. Sometimes the rice is just plain rice made into balls. Sometimes it contains the same seasonings as sushi, sometimes there are sesame seeds.
Marty Sasaki
Arlington, Massachusetts, USA

Standard disclaimer: I'm just a hobbyist who enjoys occasionally mystifying friends and family, so my opinions should be viewed with this in mind.
matt kemp
View Profile
Veteran user
312 Posts

Profile of matt kemp
Quote:
On 2008-05-16 19:20, marty.sasaki wrote:
Although relatively unknown outside of Japanese neighborhoods, many folks eat rice balls, which are what they sound like. Sometimes the rice is just plain rice made into balls. Sometimes it contains the same seasonings as sushi, sometimes there are sesame seeds.

I love rice balls! I haven't eaten one in years. My mom is Japanese and she used to make them. She hasn't made me one in a while, though. I will have her make me one next time I go home.
Hansel
View Profile
Inner circle
Puerto Rico
2492 Posts

Profile of Hansel
Quote:
On 2008-05-16 18:35, Pete Biro wrote:
Without knowing how you work... standing, surrounded, etc. it would be difficult to offer a way. You might want to make a paper mache mold of the inside of the bowl (giing you a cardboard bowl). then fill it with rice and cover it with papr (glued on??) Load it... hold bowl up and tear the hpaper letting the rice fall to the table. I used a drumhead tube lodere that fit in a chop cup filled with rice and had flashpaper cover. A lit candle (that was already lit) was on the table and I passed the cup over the candle and a flash of fire and the rice flowed out.

Exactly, its the most reasonable way!!
Good Luck,
Hansel!
Follow Me...
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Hansels-Comedy-and-Magic-Show-929625643774678/
Youtube: HanselSP
Twitter: @HanselSP
Instagram: HanselSP
marty.sasaki
View Profile
Inner circle
1117 Posts

Profile of marty.sasaki
I forgot to mention the reason I thought of rice balls, have a rice ball as the final load.

There is also a type of sushi called inari-sushi, which is seasoned rice stuffed into a little pocket made of fried tofu. This would be instantly recognizeable as rice by someone familiar with Japanese food.
Marty Sasaki
Arlington, Massachusetts, USA

Standard disclaimer: I'm just a hobbyist who enjoys occasionally mystifying friends and family, so my opinions should be viewed with this in mind.
Kipee
View Profile
Regular user
UK
156 Posts

Profile of Kipee
Along similar lines, I have used one of those large "budgie seed balls" before as a final load, and if you want it to last (and not risk crumbling) get arty and cover it in PVA glue, when it dries it dries clear but still looks the part.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
There are some web sites that sell all kinds of great looking "fake food" do a google
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Check this http://www.decorcentral.com/catalog/Chin......623.html

Posted: May 17, 2008 12:52pm
Get several of these and glue and stack 'em.

http://www.artificialfood.com/product.js......0&catId=
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Need some suggestions... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL