The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Pendragons Kicked Off AGT (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3698 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
The top of the trunk really looked bad - I agree. It didn't even match the rest of the trunk. I'm sure this trunk has sentimental value, but they need to replace it with a newer model. You can even see the trap if you do a frame-by-frame.

Having said that - it was a nice performance.

Jim
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3997 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
I got to see the scar live, but he wouldn't let me take a photo...
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
The tenor who sang Opera had a lot of negative comments, but he was overcoming an awful lot of emotion before he sang.
Now, my buddy Dan Stapleton was eliminated last night and he didn't get to some very beautiful magic because he ripped the head off of a bird. I think that was the wrong choice.
Then, insult to injury they lump in in with all of the clips of "bad" magic.
Shimsi's act on his web site has style, but lots of tells and bad hand contortions before his card productions. The use of the stock flying card is, a compelling effect for layman. You also have to remember that you have to get thru that round with a short winner effect. Then save some great moves for the next levels. The AGT do dictate the effects that are done. Just ask Kevin james.
Exposure is exposure, good, bad, or whatever.. 1 minute of airtime and you've staked your claim.
Years ago, jeff McBride won our local SAM contest against amateurs. Jeff was 15, but that win was still on his resume many years later, "Winner of the SAM magician of the year". It doesn't say assembly #147.
Illusionist, Illusionist consulting, product development, stage consultant, seasoned performer for over 35 years. Specializing in original effects. Highly opinionated, usually correct, and not afraid of jealous critics. I've been a puppet, a pirate, a pawn and a King. Free lance gynecologist.
Red Shadow
View Profile
Inner circle
1788 Posts

Profile of Red Shadow
Yes. I have noticed that none of the singers can perform Disney songs.

It was noted in one episode of our British version that the singers have to submit a list of songs, and the producer chooses one for you to sing that they have the music rites to.
That makes a big difference to magic acts, because last season, two of the three acts were never seen during the first round. I believe it was because the music they used was copyrighted and so they couldn't show the complete routine.

I believe that it is the same for Americas Got talent because there are acts that get through, that we never see. Mainly because the network were not allowed to play their music.

Steve
M-Illusion
View Profile
Special user
549 Posts

Profile of M-Illusion
Since a few people have brought up the trunk itself, does anyone know why they are using this one now as opposed to the one that I believe, John Gaughan made? Maybe this one is easier to troupe with?
Blair Marshall
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Canada
3661 Posts

Profile of Blair Marshall
This current trunk is definately not up to the ones they used previously, and I do have to ask, other than the exchange, what do you think of the Pendragons that you saw there?????

B
DanielSteep
View Profile
Inner circle
1409 Posts

Profile of DanielSteep
My guess is they were either in the area, or just flew in and borrowed someone else's trunk, just brought their cloth
Chezaday
View Profile
Inner circle
Naperville, IL
1673 Posts

Profile of Chezaday
I just saw the clip and it was painful to watch. They might as well have just done the trick without a top on it. I was very disappointed that they would even consider using a trunk like that on TV. You can see they tried to be careful with the camera shots .. but, it was simply ridiculous. The performance of the illusion of course was flawless as expected .. no argument there.

I'm a fan of the Pendragon's .. don't get me wrong .. but, you're only as good as your props. I'm sure their actual trunk must have been somewhere else in the country, but I've seen that very same trunk pop up on some video online.

So .. who knows what the real story is.

Steve
David Goldrake
View Profile
Loyal user
Las Vegas
226 Posts

Profile of David Goldrake
Dear members,

The Pendragons have sold their trunk.

Regards,

D
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3997 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
I just watched the video. I agree with the comments about the appearance of the trunk "screaming" the method, but the method screamed by the trunk is not the method they use.

Also, their normal routine is beautifully choreographed, where this is a "slam, bam, thank you ma'am" presentation.
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
dany
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of dany
In these kinds of programs, the act is edited, so the short part that We have seen isn´t the complete act. You can see how they do the metamorphosis act now in this link:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=8u09tZ_oEMY

They still do the same coreography, same movements, and they use the same music. In the video of AGT we can only see cuts of their act with other music.
Regards.

Dany
Daniel Ka

Magic & mentalism products: www.danielka.es/magicshop
------------------------------------------------
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/danielkamagic
Instagram: https://www.instagram/daniel__ka
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/DanielKaVIDEOS
Christopher Starr
View Profile
Inner circle
Heart of America
1850 Posts

Profile of Christopher Starr
Quote:
On 2008-06-26 04:29, David Goldrake wrote:
Dear members,

The Pendragons have sold their trunk.

Regards,

D

Why would they have done that? And to who?
Char Pendragon
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of Char Pendragon
Quote:
On 2008-05-16 17:13, Caveat Lector wrote:
I have heard that they were beaten out by a magician call Kim Chi doing the Hummer/UFO Card around the body. The Pendragons performed their pole levitation and that beat them. Just goes to show you that this show is not about talent and all about BS! This of course is not offical yet but just somEthing that I heard.

John

Caveat, posted this on May 16th WELL before the competition! You must be more psychic than Max Maven (but I doubt it).

NOW, for clarification, we have NOT been kicked off AGT. NO one gets kicked off AGT, unless of course they disclose the inner workings of the show...for instance the outcome of a future show before it has aired.
The ONLY results of the show so far, are those made known to the public from the airing of segments 1 and 2 -the 17th of June and 24th of June. I can say this, ALL competitors compete against each other...there is NO magic category, etc. Regardless whether you are Boy Brittany or Kaitlyn or us... we are on this together without categories. Just wanted to debunk that, so whoever comes on here again and makes false comments

Thank you.
Char Pendragon
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Quote:
On 2008-06-25 22:32, Blair Marshall wrote:
This current trunk is definately not up to the ones they used previously, and I do have to ask, other than the exchange, what do you think of the Pendragons that you saw there?????

B

You are welcome to your opinion..but I performed it and I did a good job!
M-Illusion
View Profile
Special user
549 Posts

Profile of M-Illusion
Thanks for taking the time to stop by, make a few posts and clear everything up! Best of luck with everything!
Char Pendragon
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Quote:
On 2008-06-26 23:03, M-Illusion wrote:
Thanks for taking the time to stop by, make a few posts and clear everything up! Best of luck with everything!

Thank you! Since you asked a decent question regarding which trunk we used... I will say, we chose the wood packing crate because it looks "natural". Today's TV is very natural and organic. Street magic works well because magicians can use a simple object found around them...not some manufactured piece of equipment, which is suspect. I love the John Gaughn trunk.
Laszlo Csizmadi
View Profile
Special user
From Hell
868 Posts

Profile of Laszlo Csizmadi
I used to go years ago to the alt magic secrets forum where Jonathan was a member. He always was very nice to the people with questions. He even gave his email to the people. Why don’t you guys ask him personally if you want to know something? I still have his email address. I wish you the best in the future Char and Jonathan.

Las
Christopher Starr
View Profile
Inner circle
Heart of America
1850 Posts

Profile of Christopher Starr
Char -

We're not worthy! Smile

Thanks for stopping in and seting things straight. Best of luck to you both, and I hope that your appearances on AGT pay off at the box office for you!

Chris
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Char -

I also want to thank you for stopping by. I too am disappointed with those on this site who make unwarranted claims and accusations. I was impressed with your routine and glad to see you on the show. I'm sure you have very good personal reasons to appear on the show and I think we should all support you for that.

Jonathan, I wish you and your wife the best in later competitions on AGT and it's very good to see you recovered from you accident.

Mike
Dr. Delusion
View Profile
Special user
Eugene, Oregon.
733 Posts

Profile of Dr. Delusion
It's great Char took the time to pop in here and clear a few things up. It's pretty obvious how rumors get started. Like a shmuck, I thought everything I was reading about them was true, even the part about them selling the sub trunk. Them selling the sub trunk, would be like if Blackstone Sr. had sold his Buzz Saw or his floating light bulb . I have a video of Jonathan in his younger days assisting Ralph Adams. It's pretty cool.
Bob.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Pendragons Kicked Off AGT (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL