The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Kicker ending for a Pseudo Psychometry routine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Chanku
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of Chanku
Hello guys. I am looking for a Pseudo Psychometry routine which has a kicker ending for the last object, in the style of Andy Nyman's magician's graphology routine. I also know about Max Maven's ending from the Nothing DVD and Osterlind's use of swami for the end. Any other references to books or tapes are welcome.

One idea is to ask any one of the spectators (the performer wouldn't know which one) to place a ten dollar bill in his envelope and the ending would be to divine the serial number.

Thanks.
obijuan
View Profile
Loyal user
New Lenox
242 Posts

Profile of obijuan
Guess what the last object is, Barrie Richardson had a piece like this in one of his lectures. He guesses what that person might have given up. Hector Chadwick also has a nice piece like this in his book!
Mauricio Jaramillo
View Profile
Elite user
Colombia
413 Posts

Profile of Mauricio Jaramillo
I really enjoy performing Max Maven's, "Desire" in all of my shows. Although I don't go for a psychometry angle, the influence and desire theme it presents gets me a lot of believability and mileage out of just a few business cards.

To answer your query, "Desire" has a nice and simple kicker ending which works great, in the same fashion as Obijuan describes. It's definitely not overkill, and I prefer the idea of working with thoughts and emotions, rather than having people give me objects.... While that's perfectly fine and has proven successful many many times, sometimes the object and its owner end up being painfully obvious...
mota
View Profile
Inner circle
1658 Posts

Profile of mota
Jerome Finley in his "THOUGHT CHANNEL SUPPLEMENT" has a wonderful ending to psychometry. I might add that his psychometry routine is no gaffs and incredibly powerful.

Just a very pure, psychic effect.
Mauricio Jaramillo
View Profile
Elite user
Colombia
413 Posts

Profile of Mauricio Jaramillo
Yes, Jerome's TC supplement is excellent. I'm currently practicing the techniques he mentions while performing, "Desire" to get myself confident for everything he teaches, and it's working great. I definitely recommend it as well.
Chanku
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of Chanku
Thanks for all the suggestions guys.. Only problem being both the Hector Chadwick book and the Jerome Finley book are rather too expensive for me to buy as of now. But keep the suggestions coming and in the meanwhile I will save up some money.

I tried searching for Finley's 'Thought Channel' and strangely enough I could not find a thread dedicated to it.
RichardShure
View Profile
Veteran user
344 Posts

Profile of RichardShure
A method that I have enjoyed is giving out envelopes to the people and having them place objects in them that will fit. The last object called will be either a money bill, divers license, or some other object with numbers on it. Then when it is down to the last object, simply call out and write in a dry erase board for all to see a string of numbers. When you ask them if that is correct, they are unsure what you mean, and so you have them open the envelope, and they find it matches their bill, license or whatever.

Richard S
Mik
View Profile
Regular user
Luton UK now Seattle US
189 Posts

Profile of Mik
Are you talking about Richard Osterlind's ending from one of his ETMMM DVD's? He used the swami because he messed up slightly giving the object back to the wrong person and used the swami off the cuff. Not sure if he uses that as his usual ending, I could be wrong as I haven't seen his other DVD's..

I like RichardShure's idea above.
From the mind of Mik
Chanku
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of Chanku
Quote:
On 2008-06-07 14:33, smordant wrote:
Are you talking about Richard Osterlind's ending from one of his ETMMM DVD's? He used the swami because he messed up slightly giving the object back to the wrong person and used the swami off the cuff. Not sure if he uses that as his usual ending, I could be wrong as I haven't seen his other DVD's..

I like RichardShure's idea above.

Yes, that's the one I am talking about. It's funny as to how easy it is to miss a mark. I saw Derren getting it wrong when he had only 3 people to deal with. The other day I performed 'Your Lucky Nites' from Safwan Papers and ended up ripping the bill! As I am generally good with improvising, I got myself out of it without too much embarrassment but it surely was a lesson learnt.
Chanku
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of Chanku
Quote:
On 2008-06-07 14:18, RichardShure wrote:
A method that I have enjoyed is giving out envelopes to the people and having them place objects in them that will fit. The last object called will be either a money bill, divers license, or some other object with numbers on it. Then when it is down to the last object, simply call out and write in a dry erase board for all to see a string of numbers. When you ask them if that is correct, they are unsure what you mean, and so you have them open the envelope, and they find it matches their bill, license or whatever.

Richard S

I am slightly confused on this one. You mean to say that the numbers written down will match the serial number or the license number? Even when the spectators have placed the object in the envelope? Or is it just that you rely on guesswork and hint that it will be something with numbers on it?
RichardShure
View Profile
Veteran user
344 Posts

Profile of RichardShure
Sorry, was trying to write fast.

After you have received the (envelopes)items you explain what is about to happen. Then you write down a number on a dry erase board or whatever. You explain that is it an impression that you are getting.

Then you slowly reveal what envelope belongs to what person. The last envelope obviously belongs to the last person. But you pause and turn to the board and state...that is what is in the last envelope. You open the last envelope and hand the bill/license or whatever and have them read the number out loud...it matches the number on the board.

Richard S
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Kicker ending for a Pseudo Psychometry routine (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL