The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Oh What a Beautiful Morning :) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
Al,

It takes a good half hour to airbrush that white silicone make-up on, so I drive to shows made up. If you think it looks spooky in an avatar - you should see the reaction at traffic lights, particularly in the middle of the day when I'm off to do Ladies Luncheons.

Still not smoking but I am single handed causing a world wide shortage of chewing gum.

And it got down to 14 Celsius/57 Fahrenheit last night - I might have to buy a snow plough.

Destiny
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Destiny
Did you ever have to ask someone for directions on your way to a show? I gave up the eveil weed (tobacco) 38 years ago, and it will get easier for you every day.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
3987 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Laurie,

I thought it was interesting that someone named "Laurie" quoted a song from "Oklahoma" to describe the weather. :^)
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Quote:
On 2008-05-18 18:47, LobowolfXXX wrote:
I'd love mild spring days all summer long. I have no use for weather above the 70's.

Live with a few months a year of freezing temps and see if you change your mind. LOL

Best,

Tim
Lyndel
View Profile
Inner circle
wrote the theme to the TV show COPS!
1623 Posts

Profile of Lyndel
We Southern folks are somewhat laid back. Probably why some of us native Sotherners talk with a slow, Southern drawl. (some more noticible than others) But since we are laid back we sometimes like to conserve words and say two things with one sentence.

Living in Orlando, Florida, where it's hot most of the time. ...The place where all the Northerners flock to in the Winter time. ...And one of the most traveled to vacation destinations in the world, you can imagine how crowded our roads get 6 months out of the year.

To shorten things up a bit, I have heard my fellow Floridians complain about the hot weather and the driving abilities of the folks from up North like this:

"It's not the heat, it's the stupidity!"

Lyndel
(No offense intended to all my Yankee friends here on the Café). Smile
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Lyndel
Up north we have a saying too, because so many have of our natives residents have migrated to California, and Florida. We always say that "the smart ones move back". I have been to Orlando, and I've been to La La Land, but I'll stay here thank you.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
kregg
View Profile
Inner circle
1958 Posts

Profile of kregg
Recently, I completed a garden project for my brother-in-law ahead of a visit from the former president of Mexico Vicente Fox. The weather has been so perfectly moderate for our region (zone 8), the gardens looked established and lush in time for our hosting event.
POOF!
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3999 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
Everything's relative. We have friends who are missionaries in Ghana. When the temperature "falls" into the 90s (30s C), the locals get out their jackets...
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1191 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2008-05-18 23:00, Timothy Drake wrote:
Quote:
On 2008-05-18 18:47, LobowolfXXX wrote:
I'd love mild spring days all summer long. I have no use for weather above the 70's.

Live with a few months a year of freezing temps and see if you change your mind. LOL

Best,

Tim

I'm almost positive that if lived with freezing temps a few months a year, I'd love mild spring days all the more.

If I can't have mild, I definitely prefer 50 degrees weather to 90 degree weather (and that's being conservative; I also prefer 40 degrees to 85).

Quote:
On 2008-05-18 15:14, Al Angello wrote:
Destiny
I do know that a typhoon is a clockwise hurricane, and all vortexes are different in the southern hemisphere than they are in the Northern hemisphere

I thought a vortex was just a made-up word to make Card Warp more cool.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
For variety, our years usually swing over 110 degrees F. Typically the coldest nights can be -35C (-22F) and our warmest days are around +32C (90F).

On either kind of day, you'll hear people saying which one bothers them more.

John
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Quote:
On 2008-05-18 10:47, magicalaurie wrote:
This is definitely magical. What a beautiful day! I LOVE Spring. LOVE LOVE LOVE it!

Laurie,

While in my back yard today walking my dogs. I noticed the groundhog that lives under my porch out in my front yard. Momma had 3 young groundhogs out for a spring outing and they couldn't be cuter. To see this wonderful site and be reminded that spring is the awaking of new life made me think of your post. Thanks for reminded us to stop and smell the roses!

Best,

Tim

(21 and done)
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
2863 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
Thanks, Tim. I've seen some groundhogs out this spring, but no little ones.
I really admire the mourning doves around here, as well.
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
2863 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
2863 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
Thanks all for your replies so far. Gonna rain tonight. But that's alright with me- magicalaurie likes a walk in the rain. I'm like John Denver that way. Smile
The Scary Librarian
View Profile
New user
Canada
32 Posts

Profile of The Scary Librarian
I like spring too. Lilacs are my favorite....I just wish they would last a bit longer. I love the fragrance of them.

A nice light misty rain is wonderful. "Singin' in the Rain" with Gene Kelly (he was awesome) comes to mind. "Pennies from Heaven" with Bing Crosby is a good one to hum in the rain as well.

:) And of course, John Denver can't be beat!
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
2863 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
Sunshine on my shoulders makes me happy. Versatility. Smile
The Scary Librarian
View Profile
New user
Canada
32 Posts

How about a photo to add to the mood?

Click here to view attached image.
whitjm5
View Profile
Loyal user
of magic in Jacksonville, FL
222 Posts

Profile of whitjm5
Quote:
On 2008-05-18 14:51, Jaz wrote:
They ought to do away with weather below 60 and above 80.

Jaz gets my vote for climate president!
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
In New Jersey, if the heat don't get ya...the humidity will!

hey now...
The Scary Librarian
View Profile
New user
Canada
32 Posts

Here is something I like to do in the Spring. Definitely need rain for this one:

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseactio......10096738

The puddle wasn't quite as big as I liked. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Oh What a Beautiful Morning :) (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL