The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Marked deck please indentify (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

chrusa
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
736 Posts

Profile of chrusa
I once had a marked deck that was marked with the value and suit in small white letters on the back. For example ace of diamonds had AD on the back. What was the name of this and where can I find another one. It was so easy to read but it wasnt noticiable because it was in plain sight!
Thanks,
<BR>
<BR>Chris Hrusa
Expertmagician
View Profile
Inner circle
2478 Posts

Profile of Expertmagician
Boris Wild or Ted Lesley...

NOTE: This type of mark can not pass the "Gambler Riffle Test".....but, they have other advantantages which I am sure you know about.
Long Island,

New York
CENTRALCOLUMBIA
View Profile
Regular user
Phila
107 Posts

Profile of CENTRALCOLUMBIA
It's the lesley....the boris wild deck doesn't have the suit printed....penguin magic has refills for this deck for 6-10.00 I believe.
chrusa
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
736 Posts

Profile of chrusa
Thanks,

It might be that the ted lesley was included but it was marketed under a different name or as part of this trick. For some reason I think it was called envelope please or standing ovation? Ive searched for these on hank lee and couldn't find them.
Thanks,
<BR>
<BR>Chris Hrusa
JustinVisible
View Profile
Elite user
South Jersey/Philadelphia Areas
453 Posts

Profile of JustinVisible
It defintely would be "ENVELOPE PLEASE". I am not too sure who's effect or deck this is. I saw Harry Allen perform it down at Daytona Magic years ago. I know it is for sale on his website ( http://daytonamagic.net/customer/index.c......tId=1579 ). He doesn't really perform it as the site reads but way better. I was stumped the first time I bought this and then when you open it up you are like "..geeez. he got me".

Cheers

Justin
"If they laugh, it's funny..."
chrusa
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
736 Posts

Profile of chrusa
Wow Thanks that's it! Is this similar to the boris wild or lesley decks or totally different?
Thanks,
<BR>
<BR>Chris Hrusa
CENTRALCOLUMBIA
View Profile
Regular user
Phila
107 Posts

From what I know, it is the lesley deck, but I may be wrong.
JustinVisible
View Profile
Elite user
South Jersey/Philadelphia Areas
453 Posts

Profile of JustinVisible
Definitely not like the Boris Wild deck. The BW Deck is something completely different from most marked decks on the market. Granted it will not pass the gambler's riffle test, but would anything other than a "Juiced Deck" do so??

Cheers,

Justin
"If they laugh, it's funny..."
CENTRALCOLUMBIA
View Profile
Regular user
Phila
107 Posts

If the marks were in the center of the card it might.
Expertmagician
View Profile
Inner circle
2478 Posts

Profile of Expertmagician
Quote:
On 2008-05-19 18:21, JustinVisible wrote:
Definitely not like the Boris Wild deck. The BW Deck is something completely different from most marked decks on the market. Granted it will not pass the gambler's riffle test, but would anything other than a "Juiced Deck" do so??

Cheers,

Justin

Luminous marked cards will also pass the gamblers riffle test and can be read from a distance because the marks are large.
Long Island,

New York
ursusminor
View Profile
Elite user
Norway
443 Posts

Profile of ursusminor
Fournier also makes a deck marked as Ted Lesley's.
They were once sold with a booklet, and called the
"DeKram Deck"

Bjørn
"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them
pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing happened."
- Winston Churchill"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Marked deck please indentify (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL