The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Palming Coin Sources (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

CMNeff
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of CMNeff
This isn't a topic about palming but rather about coins themselves.

When I was a kid you could buy 'palming coins' made by Abbott and the like. They were half dollar or dollar in size, made of aluminum typically, rather thin, and used for Misers Dreams and the like in lieu of real coins.

I'd like to have some around but can't find a source anymore. Of course searching under 'palming coins' brings too many links, mostly for the physical act of palming rather than sources for coins.

Any ideas other than go the antique route? I thought of Mardi Gras tokens but generally these are plastic and too light.

Thanks
todsky
View Profile
Inner circle
www.magicstore.ca
2354 Posts

Profile of todsky
Todsky's Magic Shop: over 15,000 tricks, books, DVD s and Card decks. www.magicstore.ca
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8812 Posts

Profile of harris
A few years back I got a great collection of very thin disk from Tork(I think)
20 were the size of about 5 half dollars.They picked up the spot light well.
Those were in my days of browsing EBAY for new toys...these days I try to rmember to practice my steps of EA..(Ebay Anonymous)..

For misers d..I mostly go with real currency...Walk arounds I occassionally give away loads of pennys or a few quarters every once and a while...
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
Jay Mahon
View Profile
Special user
983 Posts

Profile of Jay Mahon
Norm Nielson has the type of coins your are looking for. I bet a trip to a local machine shop might be able to turn you some flat mirror like discs with a knurled edges (that's what makes it ridged or jagged /\/\/\/\/\/\ like that around the coins edge)
Jay
feher
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1421 Posts

Profile of feher
I use Nelsons palming coins they are great. They are thinner then most. I think you can get them for 3 bucks each (dallor size)
Tim
Mean people SUCK!!!!!!!
CENTRALCOLUMBIA
View Profile
Regular user
Phila
107 Posts

Profile of CENTRALCOLUMBIA
What about wong's dream coins....i personally love them because they are made of steel.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Palming Coin Sources (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL