We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » 3 No Evil Leather 'Dispatch' Envelopes (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Big news on the Blog http://TigersPoint.com for those who have been waiting for theirs.

Those who bought a Leather Envelope for the trick and haven't recieved theirs yet will be mailed one tomorrow and as a thankyou for waiting, I'll load a fresh set of 3 No Evil cards in each one. Use as back up or age them. (Not for resale please.)

See the Blog.

Those who haven't ordered an LE yet please keep up with the Daily blog for info. Soon as I get some in stock, they will FLY out the door. (trust me on that.) so IF you would like one PLEASE eMail me (no PMs) your intention. Not a BUY just intention so I can let you know when they are in, in a week or so.

You will LOVE these buggers! These are more INDY than ever.
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
DrTodd
View Profile
Inner circle
1908 Posts

Profile of DrTodd
Excellent news Doug!

I reprinted the cards on photo paper and aged them, and then wrote out the text in fountain pen...I combine them with a 'Figa', which is a Brazilian good luck charm with nice esoteric roots...the whole kit goes into a wooden box with other artefacts (psychic chess pieces and, of course, Luna)...

Look forward to seeing the envelope and many thanks for the heads up!
Mind_Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
The Sunshine State USA
1234 Posts

Profile of Mind_Magic
Great news Doug.
Just sent you an e-mail to be in the waiting list.
booswain
View Profile
Loyal user
291 Posts

Profile of booswain
This is a great trick..i have the post card version
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4205 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
Just received my Higley Expedition "Dispatch" Envelope and absolutely love it.

So period perfect to protect the "3 No Evil" photographic evidence.
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
WOW, I got my shrunken head this week, it is wonderful. Such detail, even the little ears are perfect. Doug is a true artist!

Thank you Doug!
Tony
Brane
View Profile
Loyal user
Virginia, USA
272 Posts

Profile of Brane
Tony, I am SOOooo jealous. I have two Zibits, assorted fingers, ears and toes. AND the leather envelope version of 3 No Evil. Doug's stuff is the best! In time, these will be very expensive collector's pieces! Of course, by THEN, I'll be a shrunken head, too.
brane
airship
View Profile
Inner circle
In my day, I have driven
1594 Posts

Profile of airship
Basically, we're just waiting for Doug to die. As he pointed out in another thread, once he's gone they'll be considered 'folk art' and will start showing up on Antiques Roadshow for a bundle of money. Smile
'The central secret of conjuring is a manipulation of interest.' - Henry Hay
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Upeth yourth.
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
Don't kill him off yet - as soon as I get my heads and envelope I'm ordering a mer!

Destiny
JonWhite
View Profile
Loyal user
London
284 Posts

Profile of JonWhite
Got home late last night to find the great pleasure of making the aquaintance of Uncle (on my mother's side) Robert Templeton-Higley. Well, the aquaintance of his shrunken head anyway! And what a character he must'a been. Hats off to the Jivaro people and especially apparently to the chief tribesman headshrinker named "Doug" - the shrinking process was truly beautifully done. Doug's skill and artistry has wonderfully captured what I understand to be the essense of the man in all his glory, as Tony says above right down to consideration of Uncle's ears! His hair's a little longer than Gran had led me to expect - suprising how much it must'a continued to grow even after he'd been thrown in the pot.

Fantastic work! Cheers Doug!!

One thought though. Much as I love Paul's routine, I feel it would be somewhat unbecoming to keep a shrunken head of Uncle Bob's stature in a brown paper bag. Building a "time capsule" around this effect would be fun too, so can any of you good people out there point me in the direction of a small'ish box/chest (to construct or buy) that may be suitable for holding the props and then the heads suprise production at the end?

Many thanks and a great big thanks again to Doug.

:)
kaytracy
View Profile
Inner circle
Central California
1793 Posts

Profile of kaytracy
I sense a large Lippencot(sp) box about to be created!
I find that my local Michael's crafts store has a great number of shapes and sizes of boxes done in a nice soft basswood. Easy to stain, paint, modify as needed.
Kay
Kay and Tory
www.Bizarremagick.com
JonWhite
View Profile
Loyal user
London
284 Posts

Profile of JonWhite
Many thanks Kay.

Your sixth sense is indeed in fine form - I certainly will be looking into this type with a view to creating one suitable.

:)
PeterMik
View Profile
New user
Denmark
50 Posts

Profile of PeterMik
Doug, are the leather envelopes still available? I don't see them on your web site?
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Long gone. Maybe this summer.
WayneCapps
View Profile
Special user
Charleston, SC
761 Posts

Profile of WayneCapps
I got excited when I saw the post until I looked at the date!
illusioneer
View Profile
Special user
Ohio
718 Posts

Profile of illusioneer
I know. I got all excited thinking I would get a second chance at these things. Shucks!

Here's hoping for summer!
Things are about to change........ LIGHTS!!!
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
I'll contact the person who made them for me. Smile
illusioneer
View Profile
Special user
Ohio
718 Posts

Profile of illusioneer
*clink ..........clink clink*

Whats that??

Oh, don't mind that... that's the sound of my piggy eating my pennies! Smile
Things are about to change........ LIGHTS!!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » 3 No Evil Leather 'Dispatch' Envelopes (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL