The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Favorite fl*pper and sh*ll routine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
CENTRALCOLUMBIA
View Profile
Regular user
Phila
107 Posts

Profile of CENTRALCOLUMBIA
What is your favorite fl*pper and sh*ll routine? Mine is Craig Petty's Flipped Out from the dvd "flipped Out".
Ian Davis12
View Profile
New user
U.S.
17 Posts

Profile of Ian Davis12
Joshua Jay has a routine which basiclly includes 3 coins disappearing with shortsleves. Only routine I can think of off the top of my head sorry.

Ian
chunk08
View Profile
New user
san diego/ torrance
51 Posts

Profile of chunk08
Trailer looks for flipped out.
Looks pretty good.
CENTRALCOLUMBIA
View Profile
Regular user
Phila
107 Posts

Its amazing
mballen11502
View Profile
Loyal user
Memphis, TN
202 Posts

Profile of mballen11502
Four coins, your hands by Dan Watkins...not sure it uses a s**** though...no Dean's Triangle by Dean Dill is probably the best.
MagicAggie
View Profile
Regular user
124 Posts

Profile of MagicAggie
Any of the routine on Craig Petty's Flipped Out DVD. They are all great.
Jeff Corn
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1190 Posts

Profile of Jeff Corn
Troy Hooser uses the combo a few times in Destroyers. Garrett Thomas has the most visually perfect Three Fly using one of these sets. I was actually trying to work one out personally, saw his, and promptly gave up because it's so clean. Josh Jay's vanish sequence is based on an effect from Destroyers, which he wrote.
Yes, that is my real name. Yes, I am a real person. No, you probably won't agree with me.
sdmagic
View Profile
Special user
685 Posts

Profile of sdmagic
Where can I see the Garrett Thomas Three Fly? DVD? Book?
Jeff Corn
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1190 Posts

Profile of Jeff Corn
It was on his Any Questions video. It's an older video that hasn't been put on DVD. I'm not sure if he's put it anywhere else.
Yes, that is my real name. Yes, I am a real person. No, you probably won't agree with me.
sdmagic
View Profile
Special user
685 Posts

Profile of sdmagic
Thanks!
polygonsmagic
View Profile
Special user
513 Posts

Profile of polygonsmagic
Check out Troy's new lecture notes. There is a fantastic routine with a flipper coin and a purse frame. Great stuff and not very hard.
chunk08
View Profile
New user
san diego/ torrance
51 Posts

Profile of chunk08
I should be getting his notes in the mail soon.
I can't wait!!!
CENTRALCOLUMBIA
View Profile
Regular user
Phila
107 Posts

I just ordered too. I ment routines using both....i only know of the hanging coins in destroyers and flipped out. do garret's use both?
BrandonWilliams
View Profile
Loyal user
237 Posts

Profile of BrandonWilliams
Don't forget the stuff in Troy's Silver Surf II booklet that Josh Jay wrote. All of the routines use a flipper, and several use the flipper/[ combo.
Rick11
View Profile
Elite user
429 Posts

Profile of Rick11
My favorite is also Flipped out from the Flipped out DVD. An absolutely beautiful piece of magic!

Rick
bigtyme
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of bigtyme
Another beautiful routine with a ] is 'cointwo' by Homer Liwag. The cool part is the routine can easily be adapted to a flipper. Actually there are several cool parts. But my favourite is the fact it's stand up. The production of the DVD is worth the price of admission. Since I'm not sure who came up with the routine first I'll simply say it bears resemblance to Troy Hooser's 'ExTROYdinary' which can be found in his book DesTROYers. Cointwo can be acquired from http://www.homerliwag.com. On a side note there will only be 1000 copies of Homer's DVD put out. So when they're gone, they're gone.

"Make them care. Make them wait." Darwin Ortiz
Pete McEwen
View Profile
Special user
Durham, N.C.
575 Posts

Profile of Pete McEwen
There are 2 routines from Eric Jones that jump to mind. Oxy Clean coins and Flash coins relit...

Those are the ones that I've used...
The magician formerly known as SPEEDcuber
"no one will believe the things we do if we don't believe them ourselves." - Slydini
PeteMcEwen@mac.com
Eric Jones
View Profile
V.I.P.
Director of Product Development
2101 Posts

Profile of Eric Jones
Check out Craig Pettys Mirage Coins set....it's got some KILLER magic that should be right up your alley. While you're at it, I'll plug my crap...lol My Fingertips Pt. 1 lecture notes contain 3 routines that utilize the flipper coin and shell that are perfect for the close up performer. A routine where three coins appear and vanish so clean, it must be Oxy Clean. The second is a production and vanish where three coins appear and vanish in a flash, in Flash Coins Re-Lit. The last item is a coins across that happens almost entirely in your spectators hands, that gradually increases in visual nature and impossibility. It really looks like an Impossible Coins Across....
“We're two tigers away from an act in Vegas.” Greg House M.D.
<BR>
<BR>http://www.ericjonesmagic.com
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
I'm only recently getting into these type of routines. I picked up a Dean's set and a matching flipper that fits the gaff. I am working on Coin 2. I've got about half the routine down. Although, I think Coin 2 would look great with 3CM. Eric have you ever played with this gaff? As far as the flipper, I also like Troy Hooser's 3 Fly that uses one. What I'd really like to see is a flipper and shell that is also gaffed like 3CM.
Eric Jones
View Profile
V.I.P.
Director of Product Development
2101 Posts

Profile of Eric Jones
I'll be honest Pepka, when I owned a Triple Threat, I only used it for bare handed assemblies. I tend to spend a lot of time working at chest height, so all moves must occur there. With this type of coin gaff, I think you're pretty limited to the ways to "open" the gaff. I've never been a fan of the standard unnest move from spellbound position for production sequences, and didn't want to use Latta's unnest move more than once in a routine. So, I decided to abandon Triple Threat for a set I thought had a bit more versitility, the flipper and shell combination.

Also, I think you're right about using Triple Threat for Coin 2. You could use the "base of the neck" dodge to end clean up the routine.
“We're two tigers away from an act in Vegas.” Greg House M.D.
<BR>
<BR>http://www.ericjonesmagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Favorite fl*pper and sh*ll routine (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL