The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Table for magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
blackdeck
View Profile
New user
Baltimore, MD
86 Posts

Profile of blackdeck
Where can I get a table that magicians like Bill Malone, and all of the close up magicians use.
Donal Chayce
View Profile
Inner circle
1770 Posts

Profile of Donal Chayce
Check out Tabman tables: http://www.tabmantables.com/
John Neely
View Profile
Loyal user
Iowa
276 Posts

Profile of John Neely
For what its worth, if you plan on performing walk around magic you may want to start thinking about routines you can do without a table or possibly on the edge of an ordinary table with no close-up pad.

John
RevJohn
View Profile
Inner circle
Oregon City Oregon, Oregon
2472 Posts

Profile of RevJohn
I have had good luck with this table:

http://www.percussionsource.com/ProductD......d=252201

It is the Pearl Trap Table. Perfect size for a very large close up mat to fit on the top. VERY sturdy.

John
spatlind
View Profile
Special user
still moving
863 Posts

Profile of spatlind
RevJohn, that's a nice looking table. For formal performances, why not make one yourself? Or have a local woodworker make one for you?
Scott
Actions lie louder than words - Carolyn Wells

I believe in God, only I spell it Nature - Frank Lloyd Wright.
mmreed
View Profile
Inner circle
Harrisburg, PA
1432 Posts

Profile of mmreed
There are a number of options - from folding stands (type that waiters use), to more elaborate rigs.

We carry the Eureka brand performing stand that has a case top:
http://magicvault.net/store/index.php?ac......ctId=148
If you search the Café on Eureka, you will fins a few reviews and comments about them.

Some people have used music stands, light poles, tripods, etc...

There are many options depending on your needs. The folding waiter type stands are not as easy to carry as a collapsible stand such as the Eureka or a music stand.

The biggest problem is finding one that offers the right height.

Good luck in your search for a table - and post back what you find.
Mark Reed
Wedding and Event Entertainment
Tim Jahn
View Profile
Special user
South Florida
911 Posts

Profile of Tim Jahn
Quote:
On 2008-05-22 13:52, spatlind wrote:
For formal performances, why not make one yourself? Or have a local woodworker make one for you?
Scott

I agree.

I made my own with a drawer and mounted it on a eureka table base. The whole thing came in for under $125.00 and the stand was $80 of it. If your handy at all with woodworking, Its great to make your own.

I have to say that the tables in the tab man tables link above look wonderful. But man... some of them are more than what I would pay for a desk!! Smile

Tim
Andrew, (ASW)
The effects on the DVD and lecture notes are far beyond your abilities. (They require mastery of the mechanic's grip.) It would only break your heart.
Sincerely,
Darwin Ortiz.......(This post has got to be in my top 5.)
kentfgunn
View Profile
Inner circle
Merritt Island FL
1616 Posts

Profile of kentfgunn
Rev John,

Mallet tables, freaking mallet tables of course. No one else noticed the genius in your post.

I saw the link you posted, went down to the local music store that I knew sold lots of percussion instruments. The mallet tables are a quarter of the price of any well made wooden table and solid as stone.

You get my vote for:
"Best thinking outside the box for Great inexpensive magic tables!!"

Thanks Rev!

On a completely separate tack: That actually adds to the thread.
The Witkowskis who run Tabman Tables are honest, communicative overall sainted people who make a fantastic looking, very durable table. If you want a great table order one from them.
KG
blackdeck
View Profile
New user
Baltimore, MD
86 Posts

Profile of blackdeck
http://www.ronjo.com/magic/cr3-instand.html

I am ordering this table tomorrow. its great for standing and sitting
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
I believe the original question was asking about the table that Bill Malone and other magicans use. Did you mean like the one always used on the L&L videos? If that's what you mean, it was done by this guy, http://www.jimzeemagic.net/tables Absolutely beautiful work.
Sebashtion H.
View Profile
Special user
600 Posts

Profile of Sebashtion H.
http://www.subdividedstudios.com

We make each table custom to the order
also if you have an idea that you want created we offer these services also.

Sebashtion H.
Sebashtion H.
Start Your Legacy!!!
www.subdividedstudios.com
lcombs
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of lcombs
Sebashtion,

Do your Table Hopper tables hook on to the table you are performing for?

lcombs
Tom Wolf
View Profile
Special user
Harrison, Ohio
574 Posts

Profile of Tom Wolf
I have 2 of Jim Zee's tables.

One like Pepa mentioned and a close-up table that Jim no longer makes.

Beautiful work and a pleasure to use.

They will last a life time.

Tom Wolf
The magic director and performer at the Rincon Gaucho supper club in Mexico City,

We opened the first and only close-up room for magic in Mexico with Wolf Ruvinskis.
have several new coin vanishes and routines to share shortly just as soon as I can find someone to film them for me.

Now living in Harrison, Ohio
MagicMattMan
View Profile
Special user
Tampa, FL
740 Posts

Profile of MagicMattMan
Lcombs,

I have seen Sebashtion's table hopper table, and boy is it clever. It hooks onto a spectator's table using Scott Guinn's table hopper friend. You table only takes up 2.5 inches of the spectator's table giving you your own space and not intruding theirs.
My understanding it is approx. half the strolling size in length, but same width to allow a coin/card holdout. I personally own a strolling table and through it I can compliment the craftsmenship that goes into these tables.

-Matt
"For those who believe, no explanation is necessary; for those who do not, none will suffice." -Joseph Dunninger

"Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained angels without knowing it."Hebrews 13:2
Sebashtion H.
View Profile
Special user
600 Posts

Profile of Sebashtion H.
Quote:
On 2008-05-31 06:40, lcombs wrote:
Sebashtion,

Do your Table Hopper tables hook on to the table you are performing for?

lcombs

The Table Hopper Table by it self, no.
I Designed the TH around Scott Guinn's "Table hopper's friend"
it is the Bracket that hooks up to the table you are working on.
the THF Anchors to My TH and you are ready to go Hooks up to the spectators table in seconds.
and takes up only 1 1/2 inches on the spectators table.
you can But the THF either when you Buy The TH or on Scotts site...

Sebashtion H.
Division President
Tampa Division
http://www.subdividedstudios.com
Sebashtion H.
Start Your Legacy!!!
www.subdividedstudios.com
docelk
View Profile
Veteran user
St. Pete, FL
362 Posts

Profile of docelk
I made my own. approximately $30. 3/4 inch plywood, 4 screw in legs, with receptacle brackets, thin rubber base on top of table, covered by green felt (any fabric shop). Staple felt all around table. Take piece of molding (1 inch), and nail it around 3 and 1/2 sides of the table, (leaving a foot or two open where you sit.)

Paint legs if you want, or buy them already stained.

Place decorative tape with decal type design around edge of molding for a little pizazz. Make it any size you want. Whole job takes a few hours at most. Screw off legs make it easy to tote around in your car.

Also have a fold up table, as above, but this looks a lot more professional and great to practice on at home.
Life is a test. It is only a test. If this had been a real life, you would have been given further instructions on where to go, and what to do.
jodbirch
View Profile
New user
Arkansas
11 Posts

Profile of jodbirch
I've been toying with a little practice table similar to the Ammar table, but all I can find is 28-inch table legs at the hardware store. These just seem too short and I'll be bending over to do anything on the table. Do they make table legs longer than 28"?
BMF
View Profile
Regular user
Saint Louis
132 Posts

Profile of BMF
Unless you have a specific table top and want to use the manufacturer's suggested table legs, you shouldn't limit yourself to one particular kind of table leg. Table legs are generally just pieces of wood or metal. You can find those as long as you want.

I use 38" legs, personally.
jodbirch
View Profile
New user
Arkansas
11 Posts

Profile of jodbirch
True, I guess I could make some whatever length I want, but I was looking for the pre-fab type table legs with the threaded top so I could screw them into a mounting bracket. Anybody know of a longer variety of those?
BMF
View Profile
Regular user
Saint Louis
132 Posts

Profile of BMF
Go to a Home Depot or Lowe's. They have plenty of sturdy, threaded pipe - and the mounted brackets, t-joints, and couplers you might need. You can also find threaded dowel rods. You can just cover it with a curtain so nobody knows how bad it looks. Check out newal posts (for stair wells). Some locations will even thread thread things for you, so you can get a nicer looking wood to use as a leg. Just head down to one of those places and roam around for a while. You'll find all kinds of great ways to build a table.

If you do need strictly prefab, try the http://www.tablelegs.com custom orders section. Or tablelegsonline.com.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Table for magic (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL