The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Homicide uk and us. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3910 Posts

Profile of The Curator
That's strange, I was just thinking about Player's cigarettes this morning...
I greatly appreciate your offer. I'll MP you my address.
Informations about unusual events (unsolved murders...) in Dunstable or Luton in the sixties/seventies should greatly interest me. Also any publicity from the time about "psychics" in this area or London.

It's important to understand that, at this point, the box already tells a story. Some of those informations may be used in the story, but I won't need to tell everything about Cairns. They're subscripts for the tale...
Sorceress
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of Sorceress
The Huntley Palmer box, was it originally for hiding a decanter and shot glasses? I have two that came with decanters and glasses.
Regarding the Ten Bell pub serving Absinthe. I don't believe it is the same absinthe that was served 200 years ago.
bloodyjack
View Profile
Veteran user
Seattle WA
343 Posts

Profile of bloodyjack
I have one as well and no they were for Huntley and Palmer biscuits
"sir i sent you half the kidne i took from one woman prasarved it for you tother piece i fried and ate it was very nise i may send you the bloody knif that took it out if you only wate a whil longer"
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3405 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
Over the past year or so I've seen many mentions to Homicide. I always understood that Homicide was a single notebook. But I've started seeing reference to a Trilogy. Is this the same thing, or are there indeed 3 items?

If so, could someone shed some light on what they are? Pm me if you'd rather not give too much away here.

I'm sorry if this is an obvious question to most, but I came to this party after Homicide had ceased to be produced.

Many thanks,

Ros
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
cirrus
View Profile
Inner circle
his minions made
1751 Posts

Profile of cirrus
Is homicide still available?
docsteve
View Profile
Inner circle
1831 Posts

Profile of docsteve
I *think* it refers to the pawn shop book, which cross references some of the victims...
Named after a certain area of east London, associated with dark deeds!
[
Joshua J
View Profile
Inner circle
1044 Posts

Profile of Joshua J
The trilogy is made up of three book tests based around the Metropolitan police. Whitechapel is a 1953 sales log from a Pawnbrokers shop in Whitechapel. It lists over 350 different customers. Each entry shows the customer's name, address, item pawned, amount loaned, lender number and whether the item was redeemed. You get to reveal these pieces of information. Homicide is a pocket book carried by policemen listing murder victims and you reveal names, address, method of murder. Sinister is a book of criminal profiles. The three can either be used separately or can be used all together linking entries between the books.
cirrus
View Profile
Inner circle
his minions made
1751 Posts

Profile of cirrus
Are they still available?
Joshua J
View Profile
Inner circle
1044 Posts

Profile of Joshua J
Not from the website currently, although there have been previous threads saying it might become available again.
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3405 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
I heard today that these are due for re-release this summer.

Maybe Rick can shed some light?
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
Senseless gibberish that amounts to
2621 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
Quote:
On 2012-07-01 07:09, cirrus wrote:
Are they still available?

Long gone, my friend. . .Smile

Keep checkin "let's make a deal". They come up every so often.
"I've always been mental, I'm sure of it" Boris Pocus Smile

"Someday we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny". . .Bruce Springsteen
Joshua J
View Profile
Inner circle
1044 Posts

Profile of Joshua J
I've got one up for sale currently, but I think it may have found a home.
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5090 Posts

Profile of Roth
I've had soooo many requests for the original Homicide Trilogies (Homicide, Sinister, Whitechapel and Manhattanville) that we are in the process of bringing them back for a limited re-release sometime this summer.

They won't be numbered but we will probably do 50 sets of both the U.S. and U.K. versions. They will be aged just like the originals.
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
MatCult
View Profile
Inner circle
1518 Posts

Profile of MatCult
Thought this might interest owners of Homicide UK:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1953-JOHN-CHRI......a597e2c0

Genuine police notes about John Reginald Halliday Christie 1899-1953 was a notorious English serial killer active in the 1940s and early 1950s.
"Disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business."
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
What a great find, I use Homicide trilogy all the time, I will try and mock up something based on this.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Homicide uk and us. (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL