The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Lights...camera...action! » » Marketing products for Magicians (or otherwise) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Cyar
View Profile
Regular user
132 Posts

Profile of Cyar
I'm interested in knowing if anyone has purchased/used any of these marketing products (I won't mention any as I'm likely to be accused of being the author) out there (geared towards magic or not) and if they really helped? They're pretty expensive for a couple of cd's and a double spaced workbook. Would love to know your opinions, feedbacks, critiques, recommendations, what you learned or didn't.

AND if there's anything you've read, done or seen that has helped in your promotion and sales, what they are?

Thanks to all in advance!
I told those f***s down at the league office a thousand times that I don't roll on Shabbos!
Cyar
View Profile
Regular user
132 Posts

Profile of Cyar
No one???
I told those f***s down at the league office a thousand times that I don't roll on Shabbos!
Mary Jane
View Profile
New user
41 Posts

Profile of Mary Jane
Hi hope this helps a little.

I had a friend who suggested I trial some sort of database system designed for magicians but I thought that was pretty naff - design you're own on a spreadsheet, it will be just as useful to you. Its what you choose to record rather than the bells and whistles of a programme that will help you promote yourself.

There are also various direct marketing DVDs out there for magicians. They are ok but to be fair its nothing a good marketing book won't tell you (cheaper too). Ie identify your target market, know what they like to read/watch etc and target them through the appropriate media.

I am pretty clued up with marketing and advertising and I was initially brought into magic to promote a magical duo. In my opinion the magic industry isn't so unique that it warrants its own marketing principals. Stick to a good small business marketing book and it will tell you all you need to know about direct mail, advertising and PR for a fraction of the price of product designed for the magic industry.

M
illuzzionz
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of illuzzionz
The only problem is that most magicians don't know a thing about business and marketing. You've had several magicians who just repackaged other people's books on marketing and have made more money than they could have ever dreamed of with magic.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Lights...camera...action! » » Marketing products for Magicians (or otherwise) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL