We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » What is Your Favorite No-Gaff Coin Routine? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Corbett
View Profile
Inner circle
Indiana
1152 Posts

Profile of Corbett
Couldn't agree more MB!
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
3372 Posts

Profile of warren
I like mr clean coins across by jay sankey although I have altered the handling a little so I can have the last coin appear in the spectators hands.
another good worker for me is a simple one coin flurry ending with a copper silver transpo in the spectators hands.
Fingers
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania, USA
1330 Posts

Profile of Fingers
I would say my favorite non-gaff routine would probably have to be "Hanging Coins" and a close second would be "Winged Silver" or the "MB Transpo". I pretty much have the routines down and it is great for what coins I always have with me, 5 silver halves and 2 English pennies.....
Where I go, so do my coins.....
mballen11502
View Profile
Loyal user
Memphis, TN
202 Posts

Profile of mballen11502
I vote for Paul Wilson's Crowded Coins...it's a strong 3fly effect with no gaffus...Mr. Clean by Sankey is pretty tight as well...as is Gadabout...I guess there are a lot of great no gaff effects out there that I really like!
jocce
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of jocce
I have to give another vote for Hanging Coins too. It never fails to amaze.
mballen11502
View Profile
Loyal user
Memphis, TN
202 Posts

Profile of mballen11502
Does someone have a link to a video of Hanging Coins? I here a lot about this routine but I don't own any Roth videos (yet) and am not familiar with the routine.

Thanks
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4188 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
You can find a fresh version by Roth on the New DVD's by the New York Coin Seminar group on Productions, Vanishes, and Penetrations, due out in about a month. Three new volumes with about 2.5 hours on each disc!!
AT LAST - a NEW fun coins across!! MIGRATE is filled with laughs, magic, cool moves, lasts over 3 minutes, uses props, comes in a Poker Chip version or special Deluxe version with coins, and is about...BEARS! AT DEALERS EVERYWHERE!
https://youtu.be/hzf-Trbs4Ts

https://youtu.be/gGjMtW1DLjA

ALSO...available at dealers EVERYWHERE - RUBINSTEIN COIN MAGIC- The biggest book on coin magic since Bobo's Modern Coin Magic, and the most important since David Roth's Expert Coin Magic! Hardbound, 500 pages, 20 chapters of state of the art coin magic illustrated with 930 crisp photos! A contribution chapter from over 20 of the world's top coin magicians! This will be the book against which all future books on coin magic will be measured! Already called a Modern Classic!!
I HAVE A LIMITED AMOUNT OF COPIES AVAILABLE TO BE SIGNED, AND COME WITH A SPECIAL FREE GIFT! If interested, shoot me an email at rubinsteindvm@aol.com I also have some limited supplies of coins and props used in the book, let me know if you want a pricelist.
mballen11502
View Profile
Loyal user
Memphis, TN
202 Posts

Profile of mballen11502
Thanks, I'll check it out when they are released...
Wes65
View Profile
Inner circle
I've said very little in
1219 Posts

Profile of Wes65
I've been tossed on this one, but I would say if I had to name one routine it would be "hanging coins".
Wes
DStachowiak
View Profile
Inner circle
Baltimore, MD
2158 Posts

Profile of DStachowiak
There are lots that I love to see, including Shoot's "Neo Purse Frame", and Paul Wilson'r "Crowded Coins", among many, many others.
My favorites that I actually PERFORM include a couple of different versions of coins-thru-table, particularly "Kangaroo Coins".
Don
Woke up.
Fell out of bed.
Dragged a comb across m' head.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13415 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Bannon's Shanghai Surprise (Improssibilia)
Everybody's Tenkai Pennies (Sankey-tized II, On The Spot)

but my favorite...

Doug Brewer's "Famous 3 Coin Trick" (The Unexpected Visitor)

Doug's Book is "Stupid-Good". Meaning you'd be stupid not to have it in your library. Espeically for the cost. Production quality is supurb. So are the trix.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
anningmay
View Profile
New user
Los Angeles, CA
29 Posts

Profile of anningmay
Hanging Coins and Winged Silver are great anytime/anywhere kind of effects.

We're talking gaffless, but not necessarily impromptu, right? If that's the case, J. C. Wagner's Penny Matrix (with production of Sudbury penny and then a jumbo penny) is a great one. For awhile, it was the most requested effect I did.

Also, Full Frontal !@#ualt (Gary Kurtz) parts 1-9, is ungaffed... it is an absolute killer!
David Manning
anningmay
View Profile
New user
Los Angeles, CA
29 Posts

Profile of anningmay
Weird, the forum censored the first three letters of a word because they happened to be a synonym for mule, or perhaps someone's rear end. Does this always happen?

Hmm... at any rate, Gary Kurtz's Full Frontal A-sault (as in, "a-sault and battery" is a fantastic gaffless routine if you can get your hands on it.
David Manning
jocce
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of jocce
Quote:
Does someone have a link to a video of Hanging Coins

You'll find a few on magic video depot.
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17177 Posts

Profile of joseph
3/4 across by Greg Wilson is excellent...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
DStachowiak
View Profile
Inner circle
Baltimore, MD
2158 Posts

Profile of DStachowiak
Quote:
On 2008-05-25 04:26, anningmay wrote:
Weird, the forum censored the first three letters of a word because they happened to be a synonym for mule, or perhaps someone's rear end. Does this always happen?

Hmm... at any rate, Gary Kurtz's Full Frontal A-sault (as in, "a-sault and battery" is a fantastic gaffless routine if you can get your hands on it.

I think The Dirty Word Police got carried away on this one, they did the same thing to "!@#ume" in another thread.
From this, I !@#ume they would do the same to !@#ault, !@#ert, !@#ent, !@#uage, !@#ay, or !@#embly.
Makes the dirty word program look like a jackass.
Woke up.
Fell out of bed.
Dragged a comb across m' head.
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8884 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Mballen, here ya go. Smile There's a lot of takes on Hanging Coins. For some reason I am not a big fan of the effect as it always looked a bit contrived to me, but I can still appreciate the magic. Smile

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6qPTS-lkkhc&feature=related
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
3372 Posts

Profile of warren
Another simple one that I sometimes use is elbow,knee & neck by daryl
mballen11502
View Profile
Loyal user
Memphis, TN
202 Posts

Profile of mballen11502
Thanks for the link MB...
mballen11502
View Profile
Loyal user
Memphis, TN
202 Posts

Profile of mballen11502
Yeah, I'd have to say that hanging coins is a pretty impressive non-gaffed routine...looks like you have to watch the angles pretty carefully though...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » What is Your Favorite No-Gaff Coin Routine? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL